Can you measure your child's wrist for me? - ESPECIALLY BOYS?

Melissa R

DIS Veteran
Anyone have a measuring tape and a child any of these ages? I'm wondering what size (in inches) these kids wrists might be...

Boys - Wondering about 7, 9, 11, and 13 year olds

Girls - wondering about 4, 6, 7, 8, 10, 11, 13, 14 year olds

If you can help, that would be awesome! Need to know for a little project I'm working on.

I'm looking for actual measurements - not loose.

Thanks in advance!!! :-)

Oh, and while you're at it - if you wouldn't mind measuring your own wrist (and your spouse's), that would be super awesome!

My DD will be six in Oct and her wrist is 4 3/4 inches right now. Good luck with your project!

DD & DS are out of the house right now.

I'm a 40something mom & my wrist is exactly 6 inches. :goodvibes

DD (14) 6"; me 5.5" and DH 7". We're all sick with colds, so everyone's home today.:sick:

No kids to measure but I can tell you that I am 52 and my wrist measures 6.5 inches. But I have to add that I am very POOH sized with freakishly tiny wrists, I have to buy kids watches or add holes to adult watches to wear them. I don't know what your little project is (sounds intriguing, hope to see pics someday) , do you know these kids you are making something special for, ie are they "normal" size for their age, larger or smaller than "normal", that could make a difference for your project. As an example, my best friend is identical in size to me and her wrists are 8.25 inches.

First off - thanks so much to all of you who have helped so far!

But I'm shocked! You all have tiny wrists!!! (Must be - can't be that everyone in my house has big ones, right?)

I'm not a big girl (I'm short, have the smallest feet of anyone I know, and wear a size 6), but my wrist is 6 1/2" - that's huge compared to most of you ladies!

My 10 yr old DS also has a 6 1/2" wrist. DS 15 is 7 1/2."

I'm glad I asked and didn't just base everything on our big-boned wrists!

Still would love to hear from more, if anyone is able!

I meant to mention that DD13 is very slim and my wrists are small...I always thought so anyway since all my watches have to be on the smallest hole...but then I read other responses and thought maybe they are normal!

Just measured DD's wrist a couple weeks ago to order her a special big sister bracelet for when her sisters are born. :love:

She's 3.5 and her wrist (tight, not loose) is 4.5 inches.

I'm 30-ish and my wrist is 5.75 inches. FWIW though, I'm pregnant right now but don't think I'm swollen at all. I typically have incredibly thin wrists, ankles, fingers, etc. DH "lovingly" calls me chicken legs.

Unless I mismeasured (entirely possible!) my almost 8 year old was 2 1/2 inches. He is very slim..as in 3rd percentile for weight and small boned as well.

Unless I mismeasured (entirely possible!) my almost 8 year old was 2 1/2 inches. He is very slim..as in 3rd percentile for weight and small boned as well.

I'm thinking that must not be right. I measured a bottle of nail polish and it was 3 1/4 inches around. I'm thinking that 2 1/2 inches for an 8 year old would be impossible, but then again, I'm surprised by how small most of these measurements are!

I'm thinking that must not be right. I measured a bottle of nail polish and it was 3 1/4 inches around. I'm thinking that 2 1/2 inches for an 8 year old would be impossible, but then again, I'm surprised by how small most of these measurements are!

I had to kind of rig it because my soft measuring tape (the kind you use for sewing) was nowhere to to be found. That said my kids are tiny..I was always really tiny like that too..far more than my friends (my bracelets/watches never fit my friends and when I bought watches I always had to have them modified to be made smaller..my kids watches (stretchy band) are so small they look like a ring for an adult). If I can ever dig up the right measuring tape I will do it again and let you know.

No kids to measure but I can tell you that I am 52 and my wrist measures 6.5 inches. But I have to add that I am very POOH sized with freakishly tiny wrists, I have to buy kids watches or add holes to adult watches to wear them.

That's so weird. My wrist is about 6.25 inches and I've never had to bunch extra holes into my watch or buy a kids watch. The watch I'm wearing right now (a women's Timex running watch) is on the third hole (usually I wear it there or the fourth hole).

I had to kind of rig it because my soft measuring tape (the kind you use for sewing) was nowhere to to be found. That said my kids are tiny..I was always really tiny like that too..far more than my friends (my bracelets/watches never fit my friends and when I bought watches I always had to have them modified to be made smaller..my kids watches (stretchy band) are so small they look like a ring for an adult). If I can ever dig up the right measuring tape I will do it again and let you know.

I can imagine, I guess. I have nieces who were tiny like dolls until a certain age, so I guess your kids are like that! Don't go to any trouble to find a measuring tape...because honestly, it sounds like your measurements are not going to be typical anyway. ;) But thank you so much for doing it anyway!

That's so weird. My wrist is about 6.25 inches and I've never had to bunch extra holes into my watch or buy a kids watch. The watch I'm wearing right now (a women's Timex running watch) is on the third hole (usually I wear it there or the fourth hole).

And my wrist is 6.5 inches, and when I bought a watch with a metal band (no holes), I had to have the jeweler remove pieces from it....but here I'm measuring one of the biggest women's wrists that's been reported. I wonder how many pieces some of these other women would have to have removed from a metal-banded watch! This has become way more interesting than I expected!!

And my wrist is 6.5 inches, and when I bought a watch with a metal band (no holes), I had to have the jeweler remove pieces from it....but here I'm measuring one of the biggest women's wrists that's been reported. I wonder how many pieces some of these other women would have to have removed from a metal-banded watch! This has become way more interesting than I expected!!

Oh, I do have them remove pieces from a metal band watch - forgot about that.

I have never had a metal-banded watch for this reason. Most watches overwhelm my wrists. I rarely wear one, but the few that I've had all had leather straps/bands to accommodate my small wrist.

I don't buy watches with metal bands. There was one I really wanted last time I was in Disney World but, I knew I'd never bother to take it to have pieces removed.

I can't usually wear cuff bracelets or bangles. I have smallish hands as well and they fall right off. I don't have a problem with clasp bracelets but they usually end up part way down my hand

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter