• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Can you just call and ask if you have a PIN attached to your name?

Soupermom

DIS Veteran
Can I just call and ask this? Does this ever happen w/o getting a postcard? Can I inquire about my husband's name, too?

Not only can you, you should! We (and many, many others on this board) had a pin attached to our name and did not receive either an e-mail or postcard. And, yes, you can inquire about your husband's name. I was also able to inquire about my in-law's name.

Good luck!

Soupermom said:
Can I just call and ask this?
Yes, you can. I called just last week - or was it this week? - and told them that I received a postcard earlier this year, and threw it away because I wasn't planning another trip yet, but suddenly I am, and was I eligible for a discount? Turns out I did have a PIN, but I'd have to travel in July, so I wasn't able to use it.

Well, I've tried twice, and each time I've been told that they are unable to do this, and the reaction has been that I'm nuts. Perhaps there is a certain time of day to call when you get people who know how to do this. I'm a little leary of trying to call again. :confused3 I actually was asking them to check for an email address that I've always used when doing surveys in the parks and for other Disney sign-ups, but I can no longer access the email, so I thought there might be a chance that they sent something there. Sure wish I could get ahold of someone at CRO who would help & check!

Gee, maybe someone here who seems to have luck could call & check for me. :rotfl:

I think you should try to call again. I didn't have a pin neither, and finally decided to rent points. But of the 3 times that I called to check if I have a PIN, 2 were very helpful and took the time to check for me while the first one, the agent basically told me that there is no point to check, so I think if you have someone who resisted to check for you, just hang up, and call again.

I'd called the 1-800 number twice before and was told they could not check each time. The other day, I called the direct # 407-W-Disney and found someone who took the time to check. I don't know if it was a coincidence though...

BTW, they did not find a code under my name, email, or address. :sad2:

I called the 407 number, not the 800 number, and the CM was happy to check for me. I guess if you want good service on this one, you have to do it on your own dime.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter