Can you get regular MDR menu on Pirate Night?

WishUponAStar3

Believer In Big Dreams!
So I have my first Disney Cruise coming up this summer, a 4-night on the Wish, and the rotational dining schedule I wanted to request with concierge was: Worlds of Marvel for embarkation night, 1923 for night 2, Arendelle for night 3, and then end with 1923 again since I hear it's the best food of the three. :) However, I can see in the Activity Booking section of the website that Pirate Night is night 3, the same night I wanted Arendelle. Would we be able to choose the regular Arendelle menu instead of the pirate one? Or are you forced to do the pirate menu?

Thanks in advance!

Pirate night is pirate night for everyone. They won't have prepared any of the other food.

You'll have pirate night at whichever restaurant you visit twice, though, so you won't miss any of the regular menus.

You're much more likely to have a schedule like Marvel, 1923, 1923, Arendelle.

We had the same thought in planning our first cruise - 'Ah, we like this menu best so that's the one we want twice!' But that's not how it works. Even on the long transatlantic cruises they don't repeat a menu, they just add in more special menus. If you haven't already, you can email concierge to get a list of what dining rotations will be offered, but I expect they will look like what Kwami mentioned with the double up being in the middle to account for pirate night.

There is a set rotation. As @Kwami says, it's more likely to be 1223 or 1233 but I don't think I've ever seen a 4-night rotation of 1232. If you feel a need to request a rotation, it's best to pick one night that you want to be in a particular MDR -- such as first night in Marvel or Pirate Night in 1923. The kitchens mass produce like for a banquet, only the items on that night's menu are prepared.

I wanted to add that even on the pirate night menu, if you don't like the menu options, there are 'lighter note' options of unsauced chicken, steak, and salmon with baked potato or rice. On a 4 nt you will get the 3 MDR menus plus the pirate night menu.

If you decide that there is nothing on the Pirate Night menu that you will like in advance, you can ask your server to arrange for the kitchen to prepare something from another menu the day prior. Disney wants guests to be pleased with the food, but must operate with the logistical limitations of needing to feed 4000 people on a boat sailing across the ocean. Disney isn't creating everything on all of their menus that night, but can do one-offs of other menu items, if you give them proper notice.

This is mostly for the picky eaters or people with dietary concerns, because it is more work for the kitchen and the wait staff...but they want you to be happy. The "lighter note" options are standard to try and address these concerns for most people. (My son wanted penette bolognese from Animators every night after struggling with the menu the first night, and by the last night of the cruise, our server didn't even ask. The only night this was an issue was Pirate Night, but our server made the arrangements the night before and he made it happen.)

Thank you all! This is really helpful. I think I'll ask for Marvel, 1923, 1923, Arendelle?
Maybe someone can post what the typical rotation is on a 4-night Wish sailing. There are set rotations -- restaurant A, restaurant B, restaurant C and you can't really skip around outside of that. That's why it's suggested to request based on 1 night -- such as first night at Marvel, last night at Arendelle, Pirate Night at 1923.

Thank you all! This is really helpful. I think I'll ask for Marvel, 1923, 1923, Arendelle?
The rotation for a 4-night cruise that repeats 1923 would be: Arendelle, 1923, 1923, Marvel. This is the rotation we had on our last Disney Wish Cruise. Pirate Night is typically on your Castaway Cay day which would be on the 2nd night in 1923.

Thank you, @erionm
So the options are:
  • Arendelle, 1923, 1923, Marvel
  • 1923, Marvel, Marvel, Arendelle
  • Marvel, Arendelle, Arendelle, 1923
Pick which one best fits your preferences and request that. Keep in mind the repeat will be Pirate Night and all three MDRs will serve the same menu (pirate menu). You will not get a menu twice even though you dine at the same restaurant twice.

Maybe someone can post what the typical rotation is on a 4-night Wish sailing. There are set rotations -- restaurant A, restaurant B, restaurant C and you can't really skip around outside of that. That's why it's suggested to request based on 1 night -- such as first night at Marvel, last night at Arendelle, Pirate Night at 1923.
I just got off the Wish a few weeks ago, and our rotation was 1923, Marvel, Marvel (Pirate Night) and Arendelle. We were late seating.

Are there any special food options at dinner for Concierge?
Not in the MDRs. On the Wish you can order hot food in the lounge and they also have a special concierge room service menu so those are options if you really hate the food in the MDR that night (plus the usual lounge cold case options).

We like the mango soup, stir fried noodles, and the samosas. We are always utterly confused as to why the Pirate Night menu gets such a bad rap here, but we hate the Enchanted Garden menu, so boring, so everyone’s different 👍🏻

Not in the MDRs. On the Wish you can order hot food in the lounge and they also have a special concierge room service menu so those are options if you really hate the food in the MDR that night (plus the usual lounge cold case options).
It was the lounge offerings I was unaware of. I have seen mention of hot food there. Would it be enough to satisfy for a meal?

Just found Concierge Lounge menus:

IMG_7107.jpeg
IMG_7106.jpeg

And room service for Concierge

IMG_7108.jpeg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter