Can you get Mickey Rice Krispie Heads?

helenb

Wishing for the World...
One of our favorite DIsney park treats is the Mickey Rice Krispie heads dipped in chocolate. Can you get these on the Disney Cruise ships?

I've never seen them. They used to give flip-flop shaped Rice Krispie treats as part of the Castaway Cay members' welcome back gift, but they were made with shortening and tasted bleah.

In August 2008 and in March 2010, we were able to order these from room service. You could get them with or without chocolate.

However, in September 2010, they were no longer available from room service and I've heard reports from others that seem to confirm they are no longer available.

I used to love ordering these as a mid-afternoon snack.

You can still buy a box of them from the gift shop or snack shop by the theaters. But who wants to buy a box when on a cruise?

Oh well. Just another reason to stop at Goofy's Candy at DTD before leaving Orlando so I can get a custom-made one dipped in dark chocolate.

That's disappointing. Everyone goes on about Mickey ice cream bars, but for us it's the Mickey Rice Krispie heads!

Ah well, we'll still find plenty to eat on the cruise I'm sure! And we're going to WDW for almost a week afterward, so we'll pick up our Mickey Rice Krispie heads there. :D

I'm the same way. My son loves the ice cream bars, but my treat is always the chocoloate dipped rice krispy Mickey heads.

Also, call room service anyway. There have been sporadic reports of availability. It never hurts to ask and you might get lucky.

They are available at the Castaway Club reception as well as the concierge reception, and there are plenty of them!

If you are not entitled to go to one of these, I suggest you talk to your head waiter and ask if they could be brought as a surprise desert one night. :woohoo:

They are available at the Castaway Club reception as well as the concierge reception, and there are plenty of them!

If you are not entitled to go to one of these, I suggest you talk to your head waiter and ask if they could be brought as a surprise desert one night. :woohoo:

What is the Castaway Club reception? When is it? I've been on four cruises, and I must have missed this. But for Mickey rice krispie treats, I need to pay attention!

We asked concierge and they were delivered to our room. I'm assuming if we could get them through concierge that room service would be able to deliver as well.

Good luck!

In April of 2010 (Wonder) and May 2011 (Dream) I ordered Mickey Rice Krispee Bars from room service. Both times we were not able to get them right away. Basically, I just asked everytime I ordered room service and eventually I found someone who knew what I was talking about and brought them to me. These are my absolute food highlight when it comes to treats.

It doesn't hurt to ask.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter