Can you get a discount on park tickets if you have AP?

kniquy

DIS Veteran
So I am just in the beginning stages of learning about US. I read in another thread that if I have an annual pass then I can get an AP discount on the hotel room. I'd be looking at getting the power pass. Seems like a great deal. Is this available at all resorts all times of the year - or are there black out periods.

My other question is - On another thread it mentioned possibly getting a discount on tickets if you have an AP - so if i bought myself and AP then could I then purchase 4 additional tickets for my family at a discount? Does anyone know what the discount is? I wonder how it compares to the pricing at UT.

Sounds too good to be true but figure one of the experts here must be able to answer this for me.

TIA!!!

Yes, you can get a discount on tickets with an AP. This is from the Universal website:
  • 15% off multi-day theme park admission tickets purchased at the front gate (Up to 6 people per transaction per day; not valid on 3-Park Unlimited tickets, or Universal Express passes, or tickets with Universal Express)
If you get the power pass is it a 10% discount, not 15. I purchased my AP. Then did a second transaction to purchase tickets for the other 4 members of our party at a discount. Also, they have to be multi-day tickets.

As for hotels, they don't always have AP rates, just sometimes. You can either call, or check online. If you check online, at the main page on the left is a box. It defaults to packages, click onsite hotels. Then put your dates and party numbers in and click search. This will take you to another screen, these are the regular rates. Again on the left, where it says code enter "aph" without the quotes and click search. For example, a 3 days stay at Portofino starting today is $417.33, but with the code it is $262.33. Which is a BIG difference. We weren't going to go back this summer, but we are because of this great deal on rooms. I don't know why, but it never seems to work if I put the code on the main page, I have to search first, then enter the code on the second page.

You do not have to have the AP when you reserve the room. We went this past Christmas. I booked the the AP price, bought my AP after we got there. It is fine as long as you show them the AP sometime during your stay, before you check out.

AP discounts are off the gate prices and not online prices. Online prices are $20 less than gate prices. So beware when you calculate savings. I recently calculated this in another thread if you do a search for it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter