Can you ever get room before 4:00?

My guess is that Riv will be similar to GFV lobby. A few desks with representatives to assist you if you have an issue. We have used one of those CMs when we arrived early for our GFV stay and had not received a text message yet (our number was wrong in the system).

Someone please tell me that's not true. I've never heard of a hotel without a front desk. If Riviera doesn't have one, whatever was DVC thinking?

I've only stayed there once and it was shortly after opening, but I don't think VGF has one. They had individual desks you walked up to. I've had cm's in the lobby of BWV take me over to a couch with an ipad instead of using the front desk, which I think is what Riviera does.

Someone please tell me that's not true. I've never heard of a hotel without a front desk. If Riviera doesn't have one, whatever was DVC thinking?

I've only stayed at VGF once and it was shortly after opening, but I agree with Deb, they had individual desks you walked up to. I've had cm's in the lobby of BWV take me over to a couch with an ipad instead of using the front desk, which I think is what Riviera does.

VGF does not have a check in counter. They have staff members at a couple of desks in the DVC building lobby and they handle check in if you need to see them. I’ve noticed that they aren’t staffed at night, so I assume if you arrive late you go to the regular GF lobby check in counter, but haven’t arrived that late for check in. I guess Riviera will have to have one check in person in the lobby 24/7 to deal w/ late arrivals.

You can get a room early if it was vacant the night before.
You might get a room early if you have the front desk give you the next available room and bump the guest assigned to that room.
You can get a room early if you make your check-in date the day prior to your arrival.

:earsboy: Bill

My guess is that Riv will be similar to GFV lobby. A few desks with representatives to assist you if you have an issue. We have used one of those CMs when we arrived early for our GFV stay and had not received a text message yet (our number was wrong in the system).

The Riv has a very small check-in desk maybe three positions. Unlike VGF where you can check in at GF or VGF, the Riv only has the one desk. As others have posted, Disney want's to cut down on CM's and have everyone check in online and direct to room.

:earsboy: Bill

With Grand Cal (VGC), the half dozen times we’ve been, pre-4pm checkin happened zero times. The hotel side is another story, plenty of times room was ready in the morning.

I bet it is all in the occupancy rate and length of stay difference between hotel and dvc.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter