Can you eat at the bar at California Grill? Need ADR?

Redbudlover

DIS Veteran
I will be staying at the Bay Lake Tower the week after Thanksgiving using points that were in holding so I was lucky to get this ressie. But it means trying to get ADRs is impossible! Does anyone know if I could eat at the bar at CG without an ADR? I am solo. What about other signature restaurants like Citricos or Narcoosees? TIA

We found Cali Grill, Narcoosees and Citricos had walk-up availability just about every night we were there in October. You just go on the app, check dining reservations and click "now" as they time you are looking for. You just need to be close to the restaurant to join the list. I honestly don't know if Cali Grill has a lounge currently, but they do have a prix-fixe menu and nothing a la carte - so a pretty pricey walk-up meal. Citricos has a lounge that you can do as a walk-up and the food is spectacular. You can also sit at the bar at Steakhouse 71 at CR without a reservation.

Yes, walk-up bar seating is available at CG (which is, coincidentally, my favorite place to sit/eat in all of WDW). They are still using what used to be the the lounge area for regular tables (a change since reopening), but the bar is open.

I have had decent luck arriving right before opening (like 4:45pm) and getting our name added as soon as a CM gets at the 2nd floor check-in station. I’ve had not so good luck if I wait until later/more in the thick of dinner time. But being solo the odds should be with you, with any luck.

As PP notes, Citricos has the bar and small lounge and I agree the food is really, really good (CG has always held the top spot for monorail restaurants for me, but the new Citricos has really put CG on notice!).

I also agree with the PP to check the walk-up list in the app as an alternative to bar/lounge seating. Sometimes it’s full, but sometimes it works out well.

Have fun!

When you sit at the bar do you have to order from the pre-fixe menu or can you order for the regular menu? We love the short rib wontons and the goat cheese ravioli and would like to sit at the bar and order those. TIA

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter