Can you buy a US sim card that allows access to internet whilst in disney parks?

weebabes

Earning My Ears
Hi
Forgive me if there are other threads that I have missed on this subject. I want to use the internet whilst in Disney parks on my iPhone but don't want to risk the huge roaming charges I would encounter if I used my UK 02 contract.
I had heard you can buy a US pay as you go SIM card in the UK that can be used in USA.
Has anyone had experience of this?

I used my phone from home when we went in October. I switched off roaming altogether and just connected via wifi and had no charges.

There is now free wifi in the Disney parks so provided you turn everything off (except wifi of course) then you can surf to your hearts content, message others via whatsapp/facebook etc and phone via Skype/facetime etc :thumbsup2 I know we did last year. Out of the parks we found loads of places with free wifi to allow us to do the same (restaurants, shops - big list!). :cheer2:

Mrs TT

I've never had to use the O2 internet recently - which is a good job because the one time I did do it I racked up £5 of charges in one day just looking at the Lines app!

There is free wifi in all the parks and Disney resorts so you really don't need to pay for it now :) the resort wifi is a bit spotty though.

If I wanted to have access to calls and text too, is there a SIM card I should use?

3 UK allow you to use calls, texts and data from your plan whilst in the US. You could pick up a sim on a month only contract.

You can pick up a sim card at places like walmart or 7 eleven, do a bit of research before you leave home
We have a t mobile sim and we give them a call when we land and they re-activate the package we always have, I think it's $60 for a month, it's a little pricey but we're usually there for 3 and half weeks, you get unlimited internet and all calls and text to the uk and usa.

I've used AT&T and Simple mobile in the past, but will no longer have to use a US sim now that I can use my UK 3 contract phone abroad as if I were at home.

Yes, you can get a rolling contract (1 month commitment at a time) but I was just reading that you have to have used it for a month before you can turn on international roaming to be able to use your mins/texts/data abroad.

3 UK allow you to use calls, texts and data from your plan whilst in the US. You could pick up a sim on a month only contract.

I second this, was in the US recently and I used my 3 Pay-as-you-go SIM. Worked brilliantly with the unlimited data addon (on roaming it's limited to a certain amount but high enough that it's unlikely for you to go over.)

I second this, was in the US recently and I used my 3 Pay-as-you-go SIM. Worked brilliantly with the unlimited data addon (on roaming it's limited to a certain amount but high enough that it's unlikely for you to go over.)

That is fantastic to hear, I didn't even know that 3 did this.

Looking at the website you are limied to 25GB.

Will come in very handy

Thanks

Steve

We have these from Walmart T-Mobile Sim kit

Very happy with them. I like having a local phone as I do call and text US numbers while we are there which the 3 deal doesn't cover :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter