Can you bring "drinks" to the pool?

katie111

DIS Veteran
I can't remember this from my other trips to Disney. Are you allowed to bring your own cooler to the pool with "adult" beverages in it? Not planning on drinking a lot but just might have one or two while the kids are swimming and I've read some reports of the pool bars closing pretty early. We'll be staying at ASMu if that makes a difference.

We have. I would imagine that they have to be in plastic containers so there is no risk of glass breakage by the pool.

You can bring drinks to the pool area, you just can't have them by the pool's edge no matter what container they are in. :)

I stayed at Sports last April. I didn't want to chance it, so we each put a shot in our refillable mugs and filled them up with soda at the drink station and brought them to the pool. Better than a $10 crown and coke. :thumbsup2

DW and I often enjoy a cocktail poolside and have never had a problem :cool1: ...always use a plastic cup with lid and don't over do it..remember WDW sun + alcohol can get you in trouble in a hurry. We also bring some large "to go" coffee cups with lids that work well too for more than just coffee.

We took our cups of beer to the "quiet pool" all the time. Our room was right around the corner, and we just fill a cup with our beer and walk over to the pool.

We take a soft sided cooler to the pool with beer and drinks, like everyone else said just no glass containers. A soft sided cooler is easy to fold up into your suitcase, and since we fly it works best for us. But I've seen many people with full size cooler, especially at the DVC resorts. :)

I practically take a portable bar. I take a bag of ice, my vodka (in a plastic container), cranberry juice (plastic container), baggie of lime wedges, spoon, plastic glasses. This is all placed in 2 soft side coolers that go under the lounge chairs.

I practically take a portable bar. I take a bag of ice, my vodka (in a plastic container), cranberry juice (plastic container), baggie of lime wedges, spoon, plastic glasses. This is all placed in 2 soft side coolers that go under the lounge chairs.

:thumbsup2

I want to sit next to you! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter