Can you book a GT rate via Costco Travel?

I've seen them listed for a previous cruise, but did not book. Went with a TA for the OBC rather than the cash card.

Yes you can. I did for our Europe cruise and got the 535.00 dollar gift card. 500 dollars doesn't go far at Costco anymore.:(

We’ve done this twice! Once I was able to book on Costco’s website but the other time the rate wasn’t showing up on Costco’s website so I called and they were able to book it. You can also book via DCL and transfer the cruise to DCL with a transfer form.

I had the same experience as the poster above that the VGT rate was not showing up online on Costco’s website but it was on Disney so I called and a Costco agent was able to get it booked for us.

I did this with my GT cruise. Costco had to call Disney but I am not sure if that is because I cancelled and existing reservation for Oceanview to move to a VGT room.

We’ve done this twice! Once I was able to book on Costco’s website but the other time the rate wasn’t showing up on Costco’s website so I called and they were able to book it. You can also book via DCL and transfer the cruise to DCL with a transfer form.
I think I'll have to call because to transfer to Costco, the cruise can't be paid in full, and GT reservations must be paid in full right away.

Related question - kind of: I had a cancelled Hurricane Ian cruise so I have 20% discount for future cruise. I have put a cruise on hold, need to PIF today or tomorrow. DCL rep said my 20% is linked to my account and can be activated when I call back to PIF. Can I use that discount and still book through Costco? The Costco shop card would offset the cost of DCL insurance, which I am now inclined to purchase after the stress I went through last week....

Related question - kind of: I had a cancelled Hurricane Ian cruise so I have 20% discount for future cruise. I have put a cruise on hold, need to PIF today or tomorrow. DCL rep said my 20% is linked to my account and can be activated when I call back to PIF. Can I use that discount and still book through Costco? The Costco shop card would offset the cost of DCL insurance, which I am now inclined to purchase after the stress I went through last week....
If you are flying and not buying airfare through Disney you are better off getting trip insurance through a 3rd party insurance, such as allianz or travel guard which will cover your whole trip from when you leave your house. I would try booking through Costco and give the old reservation so they can look up the credit when speaking to the DCL rep to get the 20% applied.

If you are flying and not buying airfare through Disney you are better off getting trip insurance through a 3rd party insurance, such as allianz or travel guard which will cover your whole trip from when you leave your house. I would try booking through Costco and give the old reservation so they can look up the credit when speaking to the DCL rep to get the 20% applied.
Thanks. I did book through Costco and got the 20%. I purchased through Disney because we are coming from 2 different states and when I tried to purchase private they required 2 different policies and it got complicated and a little more expensive so I just went with DCL insurance, esp. since I had the credit and was in a rush since PIF date was today. I bought separate insurance for the plane tix or else got refundable fares.

I am disappointed not to get to go on the Wish her first year and losing my "grand slam" status, but I am getting 4 nights on the Dream (I really don't like to do 3 nights, I didn't have much choice due to school issues). Also, turns out two of my traveling party came down with strep this weekend so who knows what would have happened if we had actually traveled together.

Disney has been really great, although I kind of wish they had called it even a few hours earlier as it was very stressful trying to rebook my flights right before it was cancelled. I actually DID rebook, but thankfully using points on SW so I immediately was able to cancel and get points refunded.

I bought separate insurance for the plane tix or else got refundable fares.
Just so you understand the reason PP recommended separate insurance... it's not as much the coverage for the airfares, as the fact that your cruise insurance may not cover a missed cruise if there is any issue with your flights. DCL insurance is not officially purchased until you PIF, so you could drop the insurance before paying if you so choose.

Just so you understand the reason PP recommended separate insurance... it's not as much the coverage for the airfares, as the fact that your cruise insurance may not cover a missed cruise if there is any issue with your flights. DCL insurance is not officially purchased until you PIF, so you could drop the insurance before paying if you so choose.
Okay, I see. But isn't the DCL insurance cancel for any reason insurance?

Okay, I see. But isn't the DCL insurance cancel for any reason insurance?
Yes, but the CFAR only gives 75% credit to be used within a certain amount of time. Not a refund. People often say “oh, that’s ok” until finding themselves actually in that situation and risk losing 25% of a $10k vacation. Pre-Ian many posters were stressed about flights getting cancelled and worried about getting to FL. DCL insurance is fine as long as folks fully understand what it does and doesn’t cover.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter