• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Can you add a night once your reservation has started?

disprincess2213

DIS Veteran
We check in today for 1 night and just snatched another night for tomorrow night- same room category. Can MS merge them for a 2 night stay? Can the front desk? Has anyone done this before?

Not sure how that would work in normal times. You can change before check in online but we were at PO for a long weekend already when Ian struck but the reservation system had ground to a halt and the lobby was crammed. (We live in FL and wanted to stay put until Ian had passed).

Since this is a DVC resort, it may be somewhat more likely than it would be for one of the PO resorts as long as there's availability for the room type, studio or 1+ bedroom(s).

Could be touchy, though, as fully booked as DVC resorts typically are.

Depends hugely upon which DVC resort. The smaller ones may not be able to at all; the larger might be able to do it. Being an owner rather than paying guest can have the advantage for such requests. DVC resorts endeavor to make Members happy if at all possible.

Since this is a DVC resort, it may be somewhat more likely than it would be for one of the PO resorts as long as there's availability for the room type, studio or 1+ bedroom(s).

Could be touchy, though, as fully booked as DVC resorts typically are.

Depends hugely upon which DVC resort. The smaller ones may not be able to at all; the larger might be able to do it. Being an owner rather than paying guest can have the advantage for such requests. DVC resorts endeavor to make Members happy if at all possible.
OP said they had “just snatched” the extra night, so I assume that means it’s booked and they want to stay in the same villa they’re already in.

I agree, go to the front desk in person for best chance of not moving.

Sorry I wasn't clear that I was responding to the immediate prior poster, attempting to clarify that DVC works a bit differently oftentimes than the regular resorts.

Thanks, CarolynFH, for pulling my tangent back to the actual topic.

Just this past November I had this exact situation....I'd booked a room for a friend for one night at SSR; that morning (before she'd checked in, but same day) she called (in a panic)....her car had been trashed in its overnight parking spot and it was going to take two days to get it repaired....could I get her a room (any room) on points for the second night? Somewhat miraculously, I could....I booked it online (it -- also miraculously -- turned out to be same resort/same room category). I then called MS and asked if they could keep my friend in the same room for the two nights. They could and did. They did tell me it had been helpful that my friend hadn't yet checked in.

So, if you're already there, going to the front desk does seem like the best way to handle things....but same-day booking (and keeping the same room) can absolutely be done....at least in theory. It of course requires that the room be available and that's "just luck."

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter