Can you add 1 person to your party even if no park reservations are available?

Next time just skip the thread.
I'm sorry that these boards bring out the insanity of some ppl. You, nor anyone else on this board is stupid. Just as with everything else on this board; what was so yesterday may be completely changed at any time. We come here to give our experiences and we're all able to take those experiences with different levels of expectation...no one on here nor did you state/ask for a guarantee of what may/may not work out.

Good luck to you OP and pls don't let rude typist scare you away or get you down :)
I read posts because that it what they are here for to help others. As I stated , and it is not rude at all, it is the honest truth Disney can’t pixie dust people with park reservations, boarding groups or things that are limited for a reason. It gives those needing that extra reservations or other thing false hope saying guest services can make it happen! It also puts the CM in a hard spot.

On Facebook someone couldn’t get a boarding group to ROTR and a seasoned professional sent then to guest services. Gave person false hope and GS did nothing. Imagine how that family felt and CM felt.

It is not rude or wrong to tell people Disney can’t make things perfect by pixie dust all the time.

I would make her a park reservation for a park that is available. Then she can either tap in that park and hop to where you are or you can hop to where she is. Not ideal but if you can move some of your reservations it could be for just a day or 2.

I keep reading that people have successfully added/changed park reservations by checking as much as they can since people cancel all the time.
Good luck!

Do "park hoppers" work the same right now? I thought you had to go to your first park before 2pm to be allowed to PH to other parks. Is this not how it works? I did PH a couple of weeks ago, but i checked into my first park @ rope drop then hopped to HS (which had no reservations available for that particular park day).
We had a day last week that we did not go to our first park and when we scanned our bands to park hop after 2pm the system alerted the cast member that we did not go to our first park. The "manager" had to type something in on her ipad but then let us enter the second park.

We had a day last week that we did not go to our first park and when we scanned our bands to park hop after 2pm the system alerted the cast member that we did not go to our first park. The "manager" had to type something in on her ipad but then let us enter the second park.
This is not how park hopping works. You were an exception but I would hesitate giving others hope that this will work. You are the only person I have heard of this working for and many, many more who had to turn around and go to the park where they had a reservation first.

I read posts because that it what they are here for to help others. As I stated , and it is not rude at all, it is the honest truth Disney can’t pixie dust people with park reservations, boarding groups or things that are limited for a reason. It gives those needing that extra reservations or other thing false hope saying guest services can make it happen! It also puts the CM in a hard spot.

On Facebook someone couldn’t get a boarding group to ROTR and a seasoned professional sent then to guest services. Gave person false hope and GS did nothing. Imagine how that family felt and CM felt.

It is not rude or wrong to tell people Disney can’t make things perfect by pixie dust all the time.

I agree with you.

And the least favorite words for Guest Services to hear are "I read it on..." insert internet source (The DIS Boards, Twitter, the Book of Faces, etc.)

Last edited:

I would make a reservation for an available park now and then keep checking, if something opens up, cancel the reservation and make a one for the park you want.

We were in the same situation as you. Took about a week of stalking, but was finally able to get the park reservations I needed. It can be frustrating and even a tad stressful, but like others have said, people change plans everyday. So keep trying, I’m sure something will work out.

Also try to add the person even if the calendars show no availability. The calendars sadly aren't 100% accurate. We got 4 people a HS PP on June 2nd when all tree tickets types were already booked up for HS for that day.

Do we know the dates you are going? I didn’t see it posted and it’s late so I may have missed it. If it’s May there a LOT of AP spots and people are saying they may scoot some over to the ticket/resort buckets as the dates get closer and I know we have seen that in the past. The other thing is that we have a Saturday in May at HS that we most likely will cancel and I’m not sure how fast the spots will “show up” in MDE but I could let you know when we cancel our date if it’s the one you need.
How far out would it happen that they'd move the AP spots over to the ticket/resort buckets?

So if we get her a ticket/reservation for say Magic Kingdom, is it guaranteed she can hop to HS to meet up with us at 2pm?

So if we get her a ticket/reservation for say Magic Kingdom, is it guaranteed she can hop to HS to meet up with us at 2pm?
Officially no, but no one has reported being turned away from hopping yet even when all parks have been fully booked.

How far out would it happen that they'd move the AP spots over to the ticket/resort buckets?
I have no idea if there’s an established pattern but it happened before spring break so maybe someone else could comment if they remember when it happened. I’m watching like a hawk bc we have first week in May and got HS on the Saturday and we don’t want that day.....

I have no idea if there’s an established pattern but it happened before spring break so maybe someone else could comment if they remember when it happened. I’m watching like a hawk bc we have first week in May and got HS on the Saturday and we don’t want that day.....
Thank you. One more question - if I reserve say AK but then MK opens up on the day we are there, can I change my reservation to MK?

It should have been 4 at the very least. It wrecked the value for those of us who are out of state as well. Taking the kids next week and they have tickets and 6 days of reservations, yet myself and my bf only have 3 days reserved and now the second half of our trip is full for AP holders. Hoping things will open up but it’s ridiculous to me that we’d have to have paid 2-3x more for a hotel on site just to use 3 more days on our pass.

There is more availability for AP Holders than Resort Guests on certain dates. For example, 4/22 is open for all parks for AP’s, Resort Guests is only Epcot.

One more question....how exact to 2:00 do you have to be to enter the 2nd park? Will they let you in an hour or half hour early?

One more question....how exact to 2:00 do you have to be to enter the 2nd park? Will they let you in an hour or half hour early?

I have seen reports of people being permitted in about 10 minutes early. But, it may depend on the day, the park, or the CM.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter