Can you add 1 person to your party even if no park reservations are available?

720L

DIS Veteran
We have park reservations for 3 of us and now our DD can go with us, but there isn't any more availability for parks. Will they let us add her at the gate possibly?

We have park reservations for 3 of us and now our DD can go with us, but there isn't any more availability for parks. Will they let us add her at the gate possibly?
I don't think there's any way to guarantee it. but if she's going with you either way; I'd go to guest services as soon as you get there and explain the situation. I was able to do this about 3 weeks ago. I'm sure it's just as likely that it wouldn't work out, but worth a shot.

Last edited:

As much as you try to plan accordingly things happen. We have eight of us going and we arrive on the 16th, Magic Kingdom on the 17th, no availability at any parks on the 17th but my son-in-law who is active-duty Navy just got approved yesterday for a leave to be able to come with us. I haven’t seen him in more than five years because he couldn’t get leave to come on vacations with us. I just spent a half an hour with a really nice lady at Disney, but there’s not much they can do because they use the same reservation system and they can’t just add spots because it’s based on capacity. So I’m gonna cross my fingers and hope for the best. Check the site often because I have seen things open up out of the blue.

The second part of that statement is a little much, but the first part is fair. "Just one more" needs to have a limit of the capacity restriction means nothing.

That said, some vigilant checking might turn up the result you want. They also might increase capacity.

Are all parks full? If not, your daughter would be able to park hop wherever you are after 2 p.m. provided she's entered her first park and has the park hopper ticket option.

Good luck! Hope you're able to make it work.

Last edited:
I’m so frustrated by this darn reservation system. I live 15 miles from Disney and
have been a passholder & tables in wonderland member for years. I have family come down every other month and I’m afraid to take myself off their park reservation to go to Disney by myself because there’s a chance I won’t be able to go with family when they visit. So darn frustrating to have a pass that‘s pretty much useless.

Keep checking back over and over to add a park reservation for her. Even if the calendar says full, people cancel all the time and the calendar doesn't' show those.

I’m so frustrated by this darn reservation system. I live 15 miles from Disney and
have been a passholder & tables in wonderland member for years. I have family come down every other month and I’m afraid to take myself off their park reservation to go to Disney by myself because there’s a chance I won’t be able to go with family when they visit. So darn frustrating to have a pass that‘s pretty much useless.
Yep perfect description for me too. Decreases the value of annual pass for locals. I wish they had limited the system to 4 instead of just 3 advance calendar days. Last time I checked WDW had 4 theme parks...

One of those unfortunate things of planning WDW vacations, planning so far ahead. Hoping you find some availability OP!

Dan

What others have done in past has nothing to do with what you might be able to do. Guest services can’t magically make reservations appear. You need to find a reservation on your own like everyone else or park hop. Disney can’t pixie dust everyone and imagine if everyone who couldn’t get reservations asked.

Wow some of the replies here are just wow! I was just wondering about other people's experiences. If you look at my signature, you will see I'm not a Disney novice. I realize they can't pixie dust everyone. I'm hoping I can get her in the park with us but I also realize it may not happen. If someone were to say " yes they let us add someone", it would give me a little hope. Luckily we noticed that the parks were booking up really fast & made our reservations at 10pm at night, not knowing if she'd be able to go until we talked to her the next day. The next day she said she could go, and the reservations were all gone.

Here are some questions and thoughts:
  • How many days are there with no availability?
    • How many non-park days do you have? And can you change them to coincide with the days with no availability?
  • How many days are there with limited park availability?
    • How many of these days have parks with availability in parks that you don't already have a reservation for? For example, you have a reservation at Magic Kingdom, but only Animal Kingdom is available.
      • For this one, if the extra person has a park hopper, they could make a reservation for what is available and after 2 PM hop to the park you are in. It isn't ideal, but at least helps.
      • Another option is to change days around
As a reference for others, it is always best to book the reservation and cancel if not needed. Yes, you would have needed a park ticket for her, but if staying on a package, you probably could have canceled the ticket with no real effort if not needed. Even if you bought tickets separately, Disney will generally make an exception to the "no refund" rule for military and other unique situations. At a bare minimum, reassigning an unused ticket for a future trip would be possible.

Not the perfect solution, but get park hoppers so that you can all be together after 2pm. Better than nothing.
Would this work if they weren't able to enter park #1? I've heard people were turned away when trying to hop as they hadn't tapped into the first park prior to 2pm.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter