Can whom ever assign rooms look at your past resort history?

I've never been upgraded; however, I have (as requested) stayed in the same, exact, room 4 times at POFQ because I mentioned that we love that specific room. And, we did - once - get a lovely Mickey and balloons delivered to that room as a 'thank you' for staying at POFQ so many times.

I've never been upgraded; however, I have (as requested) stayed in the same, exact, room 4 times at POFQ because I mentioned that we love that specific room. And, we did - once - get a lovely Mickey and balloons delivered to that room as a 'thank you' for staying at POFQ so many times.

That’s really nice. :)

We’ve also stayed at POFQ a number of times. We always request a specific room too. We’ve never got it, but we have been gifted with multiple security checks. :rotfl:

That’s really nice. :)

We’ve also stayed at POFQ a number of times. We always request a specific room too. We’ve never got it, but we have been gifted with multiple security checks. :rotfl:

It was VERY nice and unexpected - but, greatly appreciated!! We'll be back at POFQ in January and I'm requesting the same room again (via the touring plan fax), we'll see if I get the same room again!

With regard to the gift, I actually told them that they had the wrong room - because I assumed it was meat to be a paid gift delivery. But, they said 'nope - just a thank you for returning HOME again!'

We got a free upgrade once. 1990. I was 11. We were staying at the Contemporary

WOW...so similar! Its been 44 years for me, though not as many trips as you, but still plenty. Our one upgrade 2008 was at the Contemporary. Paid for garden wing and got tower....for 2 rooms :) but, thats it.

This past trip I asked to be downgraded at the Poly! I had to upgrade for the free dining, but wanted a building with views below what I paid for. I didnt get the downgrade :( !!!!

Was a long long time ago but for my very first on-site stay (read: no Disney resort history) I got upgraded from All Star Sports to Port Orleans Riverside. They first sent me the confirmation for ASSp. Then out of the wild blue I got a confirmation for POR at the same rate. It was obvious, ASSp (the only value resort at the time) was overbooked and they had to put me somewhere. I suppose they chose me because I had booked at full rate (not having learned about discounts). Come vacation date I took Mears's shuttle (no Magical Express back then) to POR and everything went smoothly.

I am guessing that everything about me that could be recorded (including Fastpass Plus ride check ins) has been recorded. What might be done with (excessively?) so much information (anyone heard the term TMI), and who would take the time to peruse it all I am not sure unless something or some pattern stood out so as to merit attention. I never employed charging to my room (now: to my My Disney account) so finding out my spending patterns would need an extra step to pick through credit card transactions. (In past years they could track Fastpass Minus fetches but not check ins.)

This past trip I asked to be downgraded at the Poly! I had to upgrade for the free dining, but wanted a building with views below what I paid for. I didnt get the downgrade :( !!!!

Disney sells more “standard” rooms than they actually have. This perfectly highlights the hotel practices of yielding the availability of room and prices, and why Disney sometimes needs to upgrade guests.

In 2016 we were upgraded from CBR to AKL Savannah View because CBR has overbooked our category. They had put us in a pirate room at first but the CM said that it was not a good room for 2 adults celebrating their 10th wedding anniversary so they booked us over at AKL. I so never would have expected that and was extremely happy I cried in the car all the way over. My thing is I never go in expecting anything that way if it happens it’s a nice surprise and if it doesn’t oh well. I just book the room and category we went and put in our requests and hope for the best.

I actually started it when doing runDisney races. Lol. I was solo and worried about not remembering my room with post-race brain.

Now it helps me remember rooms areas I would like OR not like for requests.

Just so you know, if you are currently on WDW property, MDX will now show you your room number within the app. Can always come in handy!

Just so you know, if you are currently on WDW property, MDX will now show you your room number within the app. Can always come in handy!

Yeah. These were pre that ability. Lol.

Plus since I was at CBR the color helped me know which village. Just the room number would not do that.

Plus since I was at CBR the color helped me know which village. Just the room number would not do that.

Glad to see I am not alone in the “oops-I-just-forgot-my-room-number-that-has-just-been-assigned-to-me-a-few-hours-ago” dept! and I need to say even knowing my room number, I have lost myself quite a few times at CBR, the resort is quite huge and spread out! :poop:

Glad to see I am not alone in the “oops-I-just-forgot-my-room-number-that-has-just-been-assigned-to-me-a-few-hours-ago” dept! and I need to say even knowing my room number, I have lost myself quite a few times at CBR, the resort is quite huge and spread out! :poop:

I actually love it and don’t find it that “huge” (of course I have not had a car for 14 years since moving to NYC and I walk everywhere, so my amount of walking that is “excessive” is much different from that of people who drive everywhere). The only time I had issues was with post-race brain when I was exhausted.

I actually love it and don’t find it that “huge” (of course I have not had a car for 14 years since moving to NYC and I walk everywhere, so my amount of walking that is “excessive” is much different from that of people who drive everywhere). The only time I had issues was with post-race brain when I was exhausted.

I have no car, and do not mind at all walking, it's just that my brain cannot figure out how the buildings are located around each other, and I sometimes circle my destination many times before finally taking a turn. Not blaming at all the resort, though, when I'm on vacation, I'm not paying too much attention to where I am going. Plus, there are Coke Freestyle machines everywhere, so it's actually fun getting lost!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter