• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Can we talk about hair ladies and guys too?

Scrappingjen

Mouseketeer
So I normally wear my hair down but in the June Heat and rain in Orlando, that would not be pleasant. Do you recommend a pony tale or bun on top? Does your head hit many headrests on rides?

Well, I'm a bald guy, so there's that. I just wear a hat. :teeth:

However, DD10 has some amazingly beautiful (yes, I'm her dad, so I'm biased) hair. It's very long, down to the middle of her back, and very thick...like mine was before it fell out. She tried putting it up in a bun but didn't like it. She just puts it in a pony tail.

I wore my hair in a bun on our last August trip, and I was surprised at how well it held up despite the long, hot days and the rides.

I french braid mine. I wouldn’t put it in a bun because that would make my head hurt (I have thick, waist length hair though so if your’s isn’t as long, it would probably be less painful lol).

And I don’t like pony tails because some of my hair always gets tangled underneath it. So french braids for me :)

I put mine in a bun but usually just pop it in a ponytail then either braid it and twist it up into a bun or twist two bits of a ponytail round each other then turn that up into a bun. It never seems to get too tight this way, I've had my hair like it at work all day today and it holds well. I never really have any headrest issues either.

I usually put my hair in a ponytail, especially when it is hot outside. I have never had issues with headrests.

Sometimes I cut it all off before heading to Disney :D Otherwise I wear a high ponytail. I've never had any issues with headrests. My hair is long now, still debating if I will keep it or cut it.

I have done hair down, ponytail, and bun at various times. Honestly, the easiest for me is to start out with it down but bring elastics for it that way I can pull it back whenever I need to and adjust to a messy bun, ponytail, whatever depending on what works best for the ride.

When my hair is long enough to go in a pony tail, that is how I wear it at Disney. I also always wear a hat, sort of ball cap type and pull the tail through the loop in the back. I get bored with wearing my hair the same all the time so am constantly cutting it down to almost as short as a boys and keeping it that way for about 6 months or so then growing it out to past my shoulders and keeping it that way for about a year when it reaches that length then cutting it off again. I always wear the ball cap no matter what the length because I'm allergic to the sun.

High bun or French braids. You can do a ponytail if you want - none of the rides really require you to keep your head firmly back on the headrest, except rock n roller coaster. My only real issue with a ponytail is that it makes me look like I have no hair in the pictures lol

I have hair to the middle of my back, and I usually start out with it down and bring an elastic on my wrist and throw it up in a ponytail later. Once it gets all wild from the rides and humidity, I'll get a nice volumized messy bun going! I do also braid it occasionally.

Any rides like I am thinking the Aerosmith Roller coaster is a launch (maybe it isn't)and you don't want a pony on the back of your head? First time to WDW

I'm sunburn easily, so I always have to wear a wide brimmed hat when we're at a theme park. If it's a really hot day, I just put my hair in a low pony tail with the big hat on my head. And if it's unbearably hot, I dunk the hat in some water and then stick it on my head and bingo...instant head air conditioner.

Just got back from a morning at Disney(land). Mickey ears for the win!
20180601_153710.jpg

I too wear a brimmed hat - I usually put my hair back in a low pony and wear a hat. It is so hot and don't like the heat beating down on my head.

Enjoy your first trip to Disney.

I'm a bun girl all the way. I have hair down past the middle of my back, and I love it but get hot easily. I love the messy buns but my hair isn't thick or curly so they don't work for me. So I do nicely coiffed buns. I love them so much that I wear them to work most days. I have a business formal dress code (read: suit jackets every day) and they are nice enough to be worn at work. I will wear my hair like that every day in Disney. It looks cute for photos and I'm comfortable.

Do whatever is comfortable for you.

Our long-haired dds styled a bun, a ponytail, and braids. None of these were an issue on the rides. (High ponytail and high bun.) Dd16 actually wrapped a Poly lei around her bun and it was so cute!!! Totally fine on every ride except the mountains and 7DMT (for those she removed the lei just in case).

Suggestion: wear a visor or a hat as well. Our dds also wore visors whenever they were outside in the sun. Really helped them stay cooler.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter