Can we talk about grocery prices? Who wants to guess $

Happily back in Shoprite territory today and the gas in NJ was only $3.09, it is like another world

Wegmans is really good priced and value where I live. Whenever people say it's expensive, I literally pull out the app and compare to the grocers they prefer. Wegmans almost always has better prices. Not to mention, their subs, pizza and other 'to-go' food is excellent.

I went to Trader Joe’s today. The prices seemed all over the place to me. Their eggs were $2.89 a dozen. Boneless skinless chicken breasts were $7.99 a pound. I picked up a package of grapes and it was $10.99, however the large package of raspberries (2 containers worth) was $3.99 and the package of grape tomatoes was $1.99. I do find their cheese to be reasonably priced pretty much across the board. I got burrata for $3.99, it’s $6.99 at my ShopRite.

I don’t have most of those stores mentioned in this thread by me. It’s interesting to see prices across the country.

Gas was $2.99 when I filled up yesterday.

I miss my Shop Rite so much, in PA I always shopped the Purdue sales and would keep stuff in my freezer that would last quite a while plus the Can Can sale was just so wonderful too.

In Mass we have Market Basket but it is a hike to get there and I just don't like the meats at all, I keep trying but so far a swing and a miss every time.
I don’t know whether all Wegmans in the Northeast have the same suppliers or not, but I live in northern NJ and our Wegman’s store brand chicken is Bell and Evans. Same thing with Whole Foods, their store brand is B&E. I stopped buying Purdue years ago because I kept getting woody breasts.

I was in RI last weekend visiting family. When I’m there I always stop at Market Basket to buy the Organic Pastene Tomatoes in the green can. For some reason our Italian stores don’t carry the organic here in NJ. lol.

All I know is food prices are insane.

what are milk and cereal prices like everywhere else????

snagged a couple of general mills cereals today-regular $4.99 o_O on sale for $2.50 so not too bad (but the smallest boxes they sell)

but milko_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_O good lord!!!! we don't have half gallons available anymore-the continers are only 59oz (so 5 oz shy) for $4.49 (before anyone asks-no, not organic or anything specialty).

snagged a couple of general mills cereals today-regular $4.99 o_O on sale for $2.50 so not too bad (but the smallest boxes they sell)

but milko_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_O good lord!!!! we don't have half gallons available anymore-the continers are only 59oz (so 5 oz shy) for $4.49 (before anyone asks-no, not organic or anything specialty).
The regular price on cereal is high, but I can usually get at least one brand for $1.50-$2.50/box every week on sale. Last week I got two boxes of Golden Grahams for $1.50 each after sale, store coupon, and mfg coupon. I don't even eat that much cereal, but I keep buying it when the kinds I like are super cheap.

Store brand half gallon whole and 2% milk is $2.69 where I live. 1% and fat free are $2.39.

I stopped eating cereal in general a while ago but $5 for a box is ridiculous.

A half gallon off store brand whole milk is $3.59 and a gallon is $4.99. I usually only buy a quart ($2.39) because none of us drink milk and I'm the only one who eats cereal and I do that once a week at most. I like to have a little milk on hand for cooking. Cereal seems to be between $3.99-$4.99 for a small box but the store I go to always has numerous types of cereal on sale and/or offers an e-coupon for them.

We have a very nice Walmart where we go for most of our items.
I just bought an 18 pack of large eggs for $4.16, which is down quite a bit from 2 weeks ago. Just an update on eggs, I guess. Sounds like that price is dropping:)

I went to Trader Joe’s today. The prices seemed all over the place to me. Their eggs were $2.89 a dozen. Boneless skinless chicken breasts were $7.99 a pound. I picked up a package of grapes and it was $10.99, however the large package of raspberries (2 containers worth) was $3.99 and the package of grape tomatoes was $1.99. I do find their cheese to be reasonably priced pretty much across the board. I got burrata for $3.99, it’s $6.99 at my ShopRite.

I don’t have most of those stores mentioned in this thread by me. It’s interesting to see prices across the country.

Gas was $2.99 when I filled up yesterday.
I think their meats do lean on the higher side too, they don't seem to have family pack for reduced prices either so I don't buy meat there unless its in a pinch. For me their strength is lower prices for all fresh produce including interesting mixes like a veggie hash I mix with eggs, stir fry, jicma rounds for light tacos, a solid showing for organic everything and non wheat based alternative everything. I love their cheeses, there is a syrah and another cheese rolled in herbs.

When my kids were in college they loved the frozen pre made options, I don't do that for sodium reasons but what I have had was delicious like the chicken rice and the dumplings, enchiladas.

I do love the store and go all the time just not if I need meats on the same shopping outing, it is literally the opposite direction of all the other stores I prefer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter