Can we make it?

KelsBleep

Earning My Ears
Our flight arrives at 6:14am and we have a reservation at 8:40am at The Crystal Palace. If we are going to stop to check into our hotel (Dolphin), do you think we can make that reservation time?

How are you getting from the airport to the Dolphin?

If you're getting a rental car, or taking a taxi/uber/lyft, then you have a decent chance if *everything* goes ok with no delays anywhere.

Personally, that's a little tight on timing for me.

Our flight arrives at 6:14am and we have a reservation at 8:40am at The Crystal Palace. If we are going to stop to check into our hotel (Dolphin), do you think we can make that reservation time?
Honestly that's risking it. Since youre at the dolphin i assume you'll be taking a taxi or uber? They dont have disney buses I think. If your flight is delayed, you risk the chance of being charged $10 per person. Its just too tight for time. Any hiccup could cause you to miss your ADR. What if there's a huge lineup at the resort? I really wouldnt risk it.

Never

not to mention you are assuming you will land in time and not hit any traffic

my personal policy is nothing non-refundable on arrival day

too many things can happen
  • delayed flights
  • cancelled flights
  • planes rerouted due to weather on the ground (last spring I’m in tpa and so was a plane bound for mco, rerouted due to thunderstorms)
  • rush hour traffic
the list goes on

i would suggest making an adr once you are en route to your resort or even at your resort. Make sure to allow plenty of travel time too.
general rule of thumb using disney transportation
presort to resort 90 minutes
resort to park 60 minutes

Last edited:

Way too close for comfort for me. I would not do it.

First, you are getting in off what I assume to be a red-eye. Deplaning can take longer because people were sleeping, they are groggy and slow to get their belongings. If you're towards the back, you will be waiting.

Second, not sure if you are checking bags, but you'll have to wait for those too.

Third, are you relying on Uber or renting a car? Have to add time for rental car check in.

Forth, morning traffic if you arrive on a weekday.

Fifth, checking in that early at Dolphin. Most likely your room won't be ready. You'll have to then check in with bell hop to your stow bags.

Sixth, are you relying on Disney busses to get you to MK? That's tagging on a huge unknown factor. I love Epcot resorts the most, but my #1 complaint is bus to MK. :sad2: They are unreliable. I swear, you will watch 5 busses come and go empty because they are headed to Disney Springs in the early morning, and all you want is MK. It is infuriating. You may get lucky, but you may not.

Way too many unknowns to safely say you'll make an 8:40am reservation. I'd see if you could change it to around 10am. Then you won't be stressing out, and can enjoy your first moments in WDW. Use TP reservation finder if you cannot secure a later time. They will notify you if one shows up.

Thank you all for your replies! You are all saying what I was thinking, but was hoping wasn't true! :sad:

On my last (and only trip to WDW), we did an early morning Crystal Palace reservation and were able to take some really great pictures in front of the castle before we ate. I was hoping to do that again, but our arrival morning is the only day our plans allow for a morning ADR at MK. Bummer!

I’m not sure the last time you were in MK, but everyone is let in before opening. The morning show is now at the castle. So everyone is let in to Main Street. You would have no empty crowd pictures this trip.

if you do want a morning bfast, book something once you are at the dolphin. I’ve booked garden grill w a 30 minute lead time when staying at the BC. Woke up hungry, booked and headed over. One of my favorite breakfasts too

I’m not sure the last time you were in MK, but everyone is let in before opening. The morning show is now at the castle. So everyone is let in to Main Street. You would have no empty crowd pictures this trip.

if you do want a morning bfast, book something once you are at the dolphin. I’ve booked garden grill w a 30 minute lead time when staying at the BC. Woke up hungry, booked and headed over. One of my favorite breakfasts too

Goes to show what I know! Hahaha. We were there in 2012, so it's definitely been a little bit. Guess I don't have to feel quite as bummed about it now.

In a word: Nope. But with some adjustment, you can make it to a nice restaurant for a great start to your trip.

After you stow your luggage at the Dolphin, you could have breakfast at the Dolphin's Fresh Mediterranean Market restaurant, right there in your hotel, and it's excellent.

Thank you all for your replies! You are all saying what I was thinking, but was hoping wasn't true! :sad:

On my last (and only trip to WDW), we did an early morning Crystal Palace reservation and were able to take some really great pictures in front of the castle before we ate. I was hoping to do that again, but our arrival morning is the only day our plans allow for a morning ADR at MK. Bummer!
remember everyone is allowed on Main Street now an hour ahead of park opening most days

No, not near enough time. You've got to deplane, get luggage, get transportation, possible traffic on a weekday morning, check into resort (room will likely not be ready), go to bell hop and arrange for luggage storage, get in line for bus to MK, take bus to MK, get through security and park entry, get to Crystal Palace and check in. That's a lot of different items with many possible unknown complications, hang ups and "what ifs" you would have to do accomplish in just a little over 2 hours. To me it would never be worth all that stress on arrival day. I'd rather go into the vacation being a bit more relaxed and not be running around like crazy. You'll do plenty of that when you are there! And P.S. there's no more empty main street/castle pics anymore as they let everyone into MK and do the welcome show in front of the castle before allowing people enter the lands. So it will be you and many of your favorite friends all hanging out on Main St! I would either try for a later time at Crystal Palace or try a different day. We love Crystal Palace too!

We loved the breakfast/buffet at Ale&Compass at the Yacht Club. It's not usually crowded, so you could check for an ADR as you leave the airport, and you can walk over to the Yacht Club from the Dolphin.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter