Can we get it all done in 4 days? 6/10-6/14

ScrappyRN

Mouseketeer
As soon as we left WDW in Oct. I was trying to figure a way to make it back to the world. I knew DH wouldn't want to head back anytime soon, so it was up to my DM and DD to save the day. I had DS tell them he really wanted to go back to WDW. And like all good grandparents they said they would take DS anytime he wanted. It's nice having parents with a DVC;). So without much hesitation I mentioned that DS would probably really like to go for a Star Wars Weekend! After figuring out who was working what weekends, we came up with the last SWW being a good time for us to go. My DD is not going, but my DSis is joining me, DS and DM. So it will be the 3 women in my family and my DS!!!!! I'm once again being a terrible mother and taking DS out of school for 2 1/2 days, but SWW is only once a year and who knows if DS will be a Star Wars fanatic next year;).
We, or should I say I(the others are just along for the ride, LOL) am planning on hitting all 4 parks and DTD in 5 nights and 4 days. I know I'm crazy but I don't want to leave anything out!
Stayed tuned for more of my crazy planning!

After we selected our trip dates, we had to decide where to stay. My parents DVC home is SSR and we love it there, but I wanted to try something new. DS's vote was for WL(that is where we stayed in Oct. not using parents DVC). DSis and I wanted BWV or BCV. When my DD called to reserve in Feb.(that is when he could book) we couldn't get BCV or BWV but got WLV, so DS is very happy to get his choice!
So now we have the Who and Where!!!
Here is a little about each of us-
Me- 39y.o. Lover of Disney! RN by day, Mom, Wife and Scrapper by night!
Favorite rides- Expedition Everest, Big Thunder Mtn., Haunted Mansion, Soarin' , Test Track and Toy Story Mania!
Favorite Characters- Minnie Mouse, Donald, Chip and Dale, Lilo and Stitch

DS- 8 y.o. is too a Disney lover! Loves Star Wars, Batman and Legos. Wants to be a professor like Indiana Jones when he grows up! Loves the fresh baked choc. chip cookies at WDW.
Favorite rides- Splash Mtn.(to my dismay!), Exp. Everest, Big Thunder Mtn., Spaceship Earth, Soarin', Test Track and Toy Story Mania!
Favorite Characters- Mickey, Buzz, Stitch an the Up characters. He can't wait to meet Star Wars guys at SWW.

DM- 63 y.o. Feeds my Disney Addiction! Loves to people watch while saving seats for the parades!
Favorite rides- Exp. Everest, Soarin', Big Thunder Mtn., Splash Mtn. (feeds DS's love for this ride and is the one to ride with him except in Oct. I had to ride because she wasn't there)
Favorite character- Pooh

DSis- soon to be 43 y.o.(looks alot younger though) Works in the medical field. Married with 1 son as well, he's 26 y.o. Likes to travel. Likes Disney but not a nut like the rest of us:confused:.

Favorite rides- Exp. Everest, RnR, ToT
Favorite Characters- ? will have to ask her

Here's Me and DS
IMG_0452.jpg

I'm the one with my eyes closed and DS is having a ball!
Image0200.jpg

Image0019.jpg

This is DS and DSis on PoC in Dec. 2007
IMG_0114.jpg

This is DS and DM on Splash Oct. 2008(DM in red and DS in blue)
IMG_1120-1.jpg

So the plan for Day 1 is as follows;

DM, DSis and I will go to DS's school around 1130 AM to get him dismissed early(school is not out until June 18). Head to Philly airport for our flight, it's around 230PM. We arrive in Orlando at 440PM. Take ME to WL and check in. We are staying in a studio. I figured Ds could swim for an hour before heading over to DTD for a bite to eat and some shopping. DS will at least want to hit the Lego Store. I want to get a charm for my Chamillia bracelet, I'm hoping they have them at the WoD store. Then it will be back to the Lodge to hit the hay because the madness begins early on 6/11!

Day 2 Hollywood Studios for Star Wars Weekend!!!

This is the reason for this trip, so DS can see all the SW Characters. He's not interested in meeting the actors that play the roles, just the costumed characters. High on his list are Jedi Mickey, Leia Minnie, Storm Trooper Donald, Vader Goofy, Anakin and Luke Skywalker, Mace Windu, ect.
So the plan is to rise early to get to HS by 745 A for the morning EMH. We'll probably head straight to TSM to ride and then DS and I will go get in line for the 1st Jedi Training, while Dsis and DM ride RnR and ToT. Hopefully he'll be in the 1st show. Then we'll probably ride Star Tours and seek out characters most of the day. DM will have the responsibility to get a spot for the Star Wars Parade. Hopefully we'll be able to catch an AI show and I want to attend the animation class.
Any SWW tips are greatly appreciated and welcome.

The day 3 plan is for Epcot. I love Epcot. DSis thought we could do Epcot in 1/2 a day?:confused3 I then reminded her about Soarin', TT, Nemo and the countries. DS loves SE and will probably want to go on it at least twice so he can make his videos at the end of the ride. We also spent some time in Innoventions last trip and he wants to do that again. We never got our DVisa picture last time so I want to do that this trip. And DS has never ridden The Univ. of Energy ride(Ellen's Energy Adventure) so that is a must this trip. A 1/2 day what was she thinking? Not to mention seeing the countries and characters, doing a KP Mission and eating and drinking. I've had dreams of the Grey Goose slush since Oct.!!! She can go back to the room in the afternoon if she needs a break;). We haven't watched illuminations for a few trips so we'll probably stay all day at Epcot.

DAY 4 MK
Sunday is MK day. Plan to get there for rope drop and head straight to Adventureland/Frontierland for Aladdin, PoC, Splash(not for me for DS and DM) and BTMRR. Then we'll head towards Liberty Square for HM and some character M&G along the way. Lunch will probably be Columbia Harbor House and then FP for Peter Pan, see Philharmagic and hopefully see more characters. Then we'll head back down Main St. to take our afternoon break, swim, nap. We have 525P ressie at O'hana( can't wait to get the banana bread pudding in my mouth!) Then head back to MK for Tomorrowland rides and DM will go get our seat for night Parade and fireworks. It's an EMH so we'll see how long we can last in the park.

Last Day AK
On our last day we'll visit AK basically to ride EE(a favorite of everyone)and get some last character M&G's in. DSis has never seen Nemo so hopefully we'll catch that. We have to be back to WL to catch the ME to the airport around 230 PM. Our flight back home is at 530 P.:sad1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter