• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Can we do it all? Anyone fancy critiquing my itinerary for me....?

mrsb2009

Earning My Ears
Hi,

We are a family going for our first ever disneyworld trip from the UK on Monday, so excited!! Its myself, husband, son (4) and were going with my Dad and Step-Mum as well. I have a very detailed plan (!) which I've attached, if anyones interested I would appreciated any feedback on what you think, is it do-able? Its based on touring plans - all the red text rides are booked fast passes, and green sections are booked table service. Were on the dining plan and staying at Caribbean Beach Resort..... I probably wont change anything to drastically now but it would be good to know which days we may need to cut a few things from if were trying to do too much which I fear we are!

Attachments

• DISNEY Itinerary.pdf
    264.7 KB · Views: 332
To be completely honest, that's incredibly difficult to read. Yellow and orange are the enemy of anyone looking at a screen.

One thing that jumps out immediately though, is this: Are you going to DTD just to get gift cards?

Also, are you driving or using disney transportation?

You're leaving soon, so I'll just offer the advice that schedules like that are impossible to keep. They leave no time for lines, loading, unloading, bathroom breaks, etc. To me, for a more enjoyable trip, I would keep the order and drop the times for all but FPs and ADRs. Otherwise, you will constantly feel behind, like you're playing catch-up. You've chosen to do a lot if things that are "B-ticket" like Circle of Life. Be prepared to skip some. Have a good trip!

That itinerary is far too specific with the times to be followed with any accuracy as the previous poster has pointed out. The best itineraries I have found are the ones with the most flexibility.

Be prepared to skip things to make your FP+ and ADR times. It didn't look at the whole itinerary, but your first HS day, I doubt you'll make the Indiana Jones show or the Stunt Show after lunch. If you can skip your afternoon break on this day, you'll be more relaxed touring the park and seeing the shows you want to see.

The next day at MK, your biggest problem will be Astro Orbiter. It is a VERY slow loading ride. At that point in the day, you can easily wait an hour. I'd skip it and just fit it in on another day. Earlier in the morning or later towards close, the line won't be as long.

Whoa. Personally, I would go mental trying to be so regimented on vacation. Even at Disney.

I don't think your Epcot day is realistic. You only have like 10-15 minutes scheduled for each WS pavillion.

Thanks all, i realise its a bit too specific, I'd just transferred the times the touring plans app gave me, thanks for the tips on what's slow and whats missable though, really useful, I've got all day tomorrow I bet I end up changing it, am bit obsessive re planning lol

We were going to DTD to pick up the gift cards we got free with our package as it says you collect from the world of Disney shop, don't know if there's another way to do this? And yes we won't have a car, just using Disney transport.

Yeah I did think that about world showcase, there's just so much to see!!! We prob won't be able to come back for a good few years hence trying to cram it all in, but like you've said its a bit too regimented for a holiday!

Our first big family trip I had a very detailed plan. Now, we just go with a list of our "really want to do", FP+ times, and TS reservations. I do realize it is always different when it is your first time because you don't necessarily know what all you really want to do. Here are my tips:

Rather than list each time specifically for the rides, create a priority list and then only list the times of the FP+ rides, TS reservations, and what you plan to hit first if doing rope drop - you also might want to add any times for shows and parades that you feel are a must. Then in the time slots between list the rides/attractions in order (not with any set times) that you want to do most in that general vicinity of the park. This will allow for more flexibility. If you find the schedule too rigid - you can drop the rides that aren't as important.

The reality is - it is hard to see and do everything you want to. There are unknown like blisters on the feet, overly tired kids and adults, closed rides due to malfunctions, rain, etc. If you go in knowing that there will be things you miss and don't let that get you down, it will be fine. Enjoy and treasure the magic of what you get to do and don't focus on what you don't get to do. When our boys were little we hit Tom Sawyer Island and the boys just needed some free time so instead of sticking to the schedule we enjoyed a longer and more relaxing time on the Island. In the end, we created some great memories there and I can't tell you what we ended up not seeing by not sticking to the schedule - but I still have those memories!

Relax and Enjoy!

Lovndisney12 gave some great advice! The Touring Plans might work for warrior tourists, but we would be miserable. I go to each park/day with my FP and dining reservations scheduled. The rest is go with the flow. Maybe have an idea of seeing Adventureland that day, or going around World Showcase. But, if my kids are really into something, like playing in a water fountain, or are tired and cranky, we just change it up.

Enjoy what you do and who you are with. Simplify!

Have a fab trip!

Not sure if this is helpful....but when we went I had a list of "must do" and "want to do" items (of course, we also used many fp+ for must dos!" I scheduled to go to each park at rope drop with my family and we stayed busy those first hours with our "must do" items. In the end, I dropped some of the "want to do" items so we could have a more relaxing and fun trip. My family doesn't feel like we missed out at all. In fact, we feel like we actually had the perfect vacation!

So, in a nutshell, I suggest making a list of "must do" things that you for sure plan to do, and a list of "want to do" items for any extra time!

I like making super detailed plans, but I must admit ... at some point, they get thrown out the window. The good thing is - in doing the research to come up with that kind of plan, you have acquired the knowledge you will need to make decisions on the fly.

I love Sanaa and Columbia Harbor House - good choices.

Also, on Sunday - going to DHS, break, MK and then back to DHS? Everyone's different, but that made me tired just looking at it! Also, it's late(r) in the trip, and sometimes we've lost our normal energy level by then. Is that MK break for your Mine Train FPs? I might rather do Mine Train at rope drop one day - Splash too.

It looks like you've really done a lot of research though!

One more thing: you might reconsider doing a FP for Peter Pan. We did that on our last trip, but I am now learning that we missed out on a great ride queue. You could do PP at rope drop and FP something else that doesn't have such a cool queue.

Last edited:
Hi! I haven't read your plan, but I think that *having* a plan, like a list of rides and what order, is great, especially for a first trip. If you try to relax it too much; you'll spend a lot of time standing discussing what to do next. If you head to the next on the list when you get off something, allowing for snacks/drinks/rests along the way, you will not waste time doing this!

Unfortunately that schedule is vastly underestimating the amount of time it takes to get from place to place, in every instance: resort to park, park to park, ride to ride, etc. Particularly using Disney transport.

I appreciate trying to get it all in.........but you and your family are going to be "exhausted" if you attempt to maintain this plan!:oops: You have a 4 year old and I don't see anyway you'll be able to keep up that pace. You also have your parents and I don't see anyway you'll be able to keep up that pace. You'll be dealing with jet lag in the beginning and heat all the way thru........:scared: While detail is good.........in this case it seems to be way to much.

Slow it down...........take some time to smell the roses (so to speak). I'd suggest making a chart of your ADR's only and work from there..........as someone else said then prioritize what rides/attractions are the most important. You do have relax time in the plan which is smart.

What you really need to come to grips with is "NOT" being able to do it all...............I realize getting back to WDW will be years down the line but.........if you have a bad time........you might never come back!o_O

The most important thing is to slow down.................have fun............its DISNEY WORLD!:D

Have a wonderful vacation! pixiedust:

Doug :goofy:

I have to agree with some of the prior posters about allowing flexibility in your schedule. There are a few things that I noticed that just are not possible to do within the time constraints that you have set for yourself. For instance, on day 2 of your trip you allowed 10 minutes total time for the Jungle Cruise. The ride itself may only be about 10 minutes long, but without a FastPass, you'll probably wait in line 20 to 40 minutes just to get on the ride. We have been to WDW twice in the past 4 years in late May/early June and the crowd levels are moderate to heavy, so with the exception of rope drop you can probably expect to spend quite some time waiting in line for most rides.

You can probably accomplish most things on your schedule, just expect to use a lot of your scheduled resort time to accomplish the task.

Relax, go with the flow, and have fun!

It looks well planned. I would spend less time in the hotel and more in the parks... I would also be at the parks early each day.

I apologize, I tried to read your plans, but Holy Detail! I like a plan, I always have a plan. But my plans are way looser than these, and while I respect that you are trying to make the most out of your days in the parks, I think you are going to have a mutiny if you try to keep them.

Before FP+ our plans were more of a staring point and woudl eveolve depending on the FP times we got once we were in the parks. Now we are a little more organized, but the plan is still the same. Where do we start, and which direction do we move. Once we get to the parks, we are prepared to toss the whole thing out if something bette comes up. For instance, in Epcot, you have not incorporated time for the shows. The best part of touting Future World is exploring each country and stopping to enjoy whatever show is going on. 10 to 15 minutes per Pavilion is not realistic, IMO, unless you are just skimming the surface. When we tour Epcot we decide if we turn left or turn right when we arrive and then just enjoy the World.

I agree with previous posters. Make a list of the must do attractions and shows for your family, and tey to have some order to those. After that, everything else is a bonus. You can never do it all, so make sue you enjoy what you do.

Nice details and you really did have fun putting it together.

Here is my advise take all the times off except fp+ and table service times off, mentally allow 45 mins to get where your going for dining. Most of the time it will only take 30 mins.

Plus you could always hope over to DTD to get the credit cards during your first days break, alone.

Have a great vacation and safe travel.

On Monday the 26th you should go from the entrance to fantasyland and do those rides, not run over to frontier land as soon as Peter Pan ends. Yu won't make it! It will also take longer to get to Peter Pan form the gate, the first day especially you will be looking around, taking pictures etc. As you walk. Stay in one area, hit the rides you want then move on, you don't have to complete each land I know you have FP for other days, but that is a LOT of very fast walking.
Try this travel time and route estimator http://www.ourlaughingplace.com/aspx/twiz.aspx#.VWG7s2K9KSM

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter