Can we do all this in 1.5 days?

Stitch35

Mouseketeer
We will be at DLR November 22-23. We are staying at the DL hotel. We will be able to do RD Saturday and EE to CA Sunday and stay until closing on Saturday. We have to leave by 6pm Sunday to catch our flight.
Touring plans has Saturday as a 4 and Sunday as an 8.

Currently this is our plan, please critique if you have a better idea. We've never gone during the holidays. We usually go in late August, but have been during late February, early April, Memorial Day weekend and late October.

Saturday park opens at 9 has both MM and EE.

8:10 Minnie's breakfast reservation, finish by 9.
Do the following:

Haunted mansion

Jingle cruise

Jingle jangle jamboree (my DS 9 and DS6 will spend at least an hour here)

DL parade

Small World after dark

Fireworks

WOC

My boys won't want to miss: BTMRR, ST, SM, Splash, Indy, Matterhorn, wild toad, RR, Alice, TSMM, Screaming, Monsters Inc.

Of course taking in all the decorations and a few treats. Are we missing anything that is just for the holidays?
Thanks!

Well, I don't know about that "4" that Touring Plans has listed on Sat but I do see a blockout day for socal select holder Sat so it should be less busy than Sun will. For 2 days you do have an ambitious schedule but staying in the parks all day you've got a great shot at doing it all! Plan your evenings carefully for fitting in both shows and fireworks by checking the schedule ahead of time on the DL website and realize you may not get to a couple things after all and plan on being ok with this. Rides break, rain happens (well not really in CA these days but we can dream), people get tired. Just make sure to have a positive attitude no matter what and you'll have a wonderful time in the parks!

I also think you have a very ambitious plan for 1.5 days, so you should probably prioritize what you really want to do versus what you are willing to forgo.

I think the hardest part is going to be seeing both the fireworks (9:25 pm) and WoC (9:00 and 10:15 pm) on Saturday the 22nd. Assuming fireworks are presented (which is always iffy due to winds), they run about 15 minutes. Then it snows on MS and other areas in the park for a bit. My guess is that by the time you get into DCA for WoC, it's going to be closer to 10:00 pm, by which time all of the prime viewing spots will be long gone. My feeling is that if you really want to enjoy fireworks and the snow, you have to be willing to forgo WoC or at least be willing to watch from the back of whatever viewing area you are in. Alternatively, if you want to really see WoC, then you have to forgo fireworks entirely.

Aside from seeing both the fireworks and WOC the same night, your plan is quite easy, and can be accomplished in one day. By doing Minnie's breakfast on Saturday, you are wasting your EE to DL. I'd suggest switching to Goofy's Kitchen at an earlier time. Then you can head over to DL for EE (assuming the extra hour is that important).

Saturdays can be very busy at DLR. Don't let the TP ranking fool you. I've been there on three Saturdays since September, and all of them have been very busy. Crowd calendars mean very little when staffing levels are low. During off season, there are fewer CMs working. This creates longer lines everywhere. It can make a "4" feel like an "8".

Question, can you do the Tour? It would give you the parade seats Haunted mansion and

Jingle cruise. It also would give you small world but more likely not at night. I don't know if you can do fireworks and woc but you can try see woc early and then head to see fireworks?

Question, can you do the Tour? It would give you the parade seats Haunted mansion and Jingle cruise. It also would give you small world but more likely not at night. I don't know if you can do fireworks and woc but you can try see woc early and then head to see fireworks?
I looked at the calendar for that Saturday and the early WoC is at 9:00 pm. Winter Dreams is about 25-30 minutes long, so by the time it ends, fireworks would have already started (9:25 pm).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter