Can we discuss shoes?

As you can see, everyone's feet are different and respond to different shoes. You need to wear what works for your feet.

The reason why this is important is because I don't wear my running shoes unless I am wearing shorts. I've had some problems with plantar fasciitis in the past and don't want to aggravate the condition, especially with a race coming up about 3 weeks after we get back.

If the running shoes don't aggravate the Pf you should wear the running shoes.

I see nothing wrong with running shoes and capris. I also don't know why it wouldn't be hot in Southern California over spring break.

I personally liked my Crocs Athens for the park, but mine are all ancient.

As you can see, everyone's feet are different and respond to different shoes. You need to wear what works for your feet.

If the running shoes don't aggravate the Pf you should wear the running shoes.

I see nothing wrong with running shoes and capris. I also don't know why it wouldn't be hot in Southern California over spring break.

I personally liked my Crocs Athens for the park, but mine are all ancient.

It looks like the average temps in LA in early April are between 70-76 for highs. I don't think that's hot enough for shorts for me. I grew up in south Florida, so maybe I have a different standard for hot? Not sure. But if the high is 75, when we enter the parks for EMH, the temps would probably be in the low 60s. So, that's why I didn't want to wear shorts. And, I know I could wear the running shoes, but I just hate the way the look with capris. Like you said, everyone is different! Thanks for all the input.

I know this is swimming against the tide, but I wear flip flops unless it's raining. I have a pair of sturdy UnderArmour flips with memory foam padding. Those and a pair of toe-socks if it gets chilly and I'm good to go all day.

For rain, I wear Merrill walking shoes. Ugly as sin and looks silly with capris, but for DLR it's definitely function over form!

I am going to second the Vionics - not just the sandals, but any of their shoes - as they have really helped my PF. YMMV, and they do take a week or so to get used to.

https://www.vionicshoes.com/women.html

Expensive, but better than hobbling around or being in serious pain at the end of the day (and the next...)

I would recommend the Clarks brand. They are very comfortable, and I'm on my 3rd pair that I use for work. 12 hour shifts, on my feet practically the entire time.

And, I know I could wear the running shoes, but I just hate the way the look with capris. Like you said, everyone is different!

I get it and I hear you, but you have PF and that's not to be trifled with.

I'm currently trying desperately to find new running shoes that fit my feet, work with my feet, and don't hurt me, and it's not easy! You have longer than I do, but it's still not THAT far to April to find shoes that fit and don't cause a flare and are comfy for hours of standing and walking and have the requisite cuteness. That's a tall order.

I wear tennis shoes/sneakers whatever you want to call them with pants. But honestly, I would be shocked that it wouldn't be shorts weather. Even if weather.com says 70's...it always feels warmer in the parks to me. I wore shorts in February there (but I get hot in anything above 65...ha!)

I am in the minority in that I didn't care for Dankso. Too hard. I wear Asics or New Balance.

Shoe comfort is so subjective though. It really just depends on your feet.

For me, comfort would win over cuteness any day. I have rheumatoid arthritis so I couldn't care less if I look silly or whatever. Though I've never thought regular athletic shoes look weird with capris or pants so what do I know.

I wore shorts here yesterday and it was only 68 degrees. BUT it was sunny and 98% humidity (yes, it occasionally gets humid here too). I live just south of Disneyland. It felt HOT yesterday as I was doing my daily walk. I was sweating.

Early April will likely be pretty warm up in Anaheim. Definitely bring shorts.

I wear sneakers with capris all the time and so do a LOT of "trendy OC type" women around here. It's a totally acceptable look. Especially at the parks. Almost all women are wearing that combo.

I wore shorts here yesterday and it was only 68 degrees. BUT it was sunny and 98% humidity (yes, it occasionally gets humid here too). I live just south of Disneyland. It felt HOT yesterday as I was doing my daily walk. I was sweating.

Early April will likely be pretty warm up in Anaheim. Definitely bring shorts.

I wear sneakers with capris all the time and so do a LOT of "trendy OC type" women around here. It's a totally acceptable look. Especially at the parks. Almost all women are wearing that combo.

Yes but in the fashion world that look is "mom uniform" along with mom jeans and other looks less than desirable among the trendy. (I am not trendy or fashionable just repeating what is out there)

I agree but some may not. OP stated she doesn't wear sneakers with capris. Her preference.

I know. But she also has foot issues and it just irks me when people put fashion before their own well being. So, I was pointing out that wearing capris with sneakers is extremely common in So Cal, and even moreso at Disneyland. She doesn't need to feel self conscious about it.

I think it's extremely common everywhere. At least everywhere I've been. I have PF, a planter fibroma, and 3 knee surgeries. I wear athletic shoes as much as possible though not allowed at work.

I alternate between sketchers go walk (far and away the most comfortable sneakers I've ever owned) about 80% of the time and well worn in Birkenstocks the other 20%

I would personally never care about how my footwear looks with my outfit at Disney - I walk around 30km a day while I'm there, and everyone else is far too busy doing their own thing and having fun to be judging your shoes. It's not like you're a celebrity and you're going to end up in the "fashion don'ts" section of a magazine - literally no one cares!

I alternate between sketchers go walk (far and away the most comfortable sneakers I've ever owned) about 80% of the time and well worn in Birkenstocks the other 20%

I would personally never care about how my footwear looks with my outfit at Disney - I walk around 30km a day while I'm there, and everyone else is far too busy doing their own thing and having fun to be judging your shoes. It's not like you're a celebrity and you're going to end up in the "fashion don'ts" section of a magazine - literally no one cares!
Some Skechers work for me, others don't. But I always have to put in an insert. Last DW visit we walked 10-12 miles per day, so no I don't care either.

That is another option you know - find an insert that works for you and your PF, and bring it with you when shopping for shoes you like with capris. That way you get the support you need with a shoe you like (and if you bring it with you when shopping, you can get the right size of shoe).

Depending on how your day goes, you might find you'll want to head to your hotel at some point to rest; which might be a good time to change into longer pants and the more supportive sneakers for the last hours on your feet.

And only you know how bad your PF is - what you can tolerate or not - and what you feel comfortable in. As I said, I have PF. It entered my life after wearing really bad shoes for weeks (and they were supposed to be a supportive high end brand); after switching to better shoes (vionics), doing nightly stretches, etc., I can wear other shoes all day for a few days as long as they have a supportive insole (and no, it doesn't have to be a vionic insole, I have a few Dr. Scholl ones that work fine). I'm paranoid enough that I don't go more than two days in a row before switching back to vionics for at least a day though. But that is me; I think that everyone's PF, and how everyone's PF responds to treatment, daily walking, etc. is not the same - if it was, there would be one shoe that would work for everyone, or one treatment plan that works for everyone.

Enjoy shoe shopping, and I hope you find something that works for you.

I swear by the Crocs wedge slides! There is some arch support and they're lightweight. You can just throw them in the washer, plus they're pretty with a little glamour too. And cheap, forgot to add that!

Midnightred

Keen Rose sandals are comfortable and cute. My husband has plantar fasciitis and finds Keen sandals (not the Rose!) work well for him. I have the Rose and the Whisper by Keen, and they are really comfortable. I like to keep my toes covered at the parks, especially with all the crowds and strollers!

I'm a huge Sanuk sandal fan as well as Sketchers! I wore my Sketcher Bobs at Disneyland all day long. They have great cushion to them. Sanuk sandals with the yoga mat bottoms are the best. I wear those all day in the parks too.

I rotate between Keens and Telic - https://telic.com - that are an amazing pair of flip flops. The only complaint is that if you have lotion on your feet and your feet get wet, they can be incredibly slippery!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter