• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Can tvl agents get codes?

2xcited4wrds

Mouseketeer
I have booked our "room only" via a travel agent. Therefore I can't mess with the reservation. Will she be able to get or try to get these code rates if/when they are released? I definitely would love to get a lower rate than the rack rate we are booked at for travel May 18 -24th at POR. Thanks for any help!:cool:

Would they not reject it because of comissions? Sometimes they charge you fees for changes.
That is the beauty of booking on your own, directly through CRO

I know that Dreams agents can use the codes, but I don't know about other travel agents. The only thing you can do is ask. When the code comes out, pass it along to your agent and then ask if he or she can apply it to your ressie for you. Best to you! :cool:

Being a travel agent myself yes we generally can use those same codes. But you should keep an eye out and when discounts are offered call your agent and ask her to check the rates again. Sometimes rates are discounted but not available for the exact dates that you'll be traveling. Good luck!

Best thing I ever did was pass on a code to my travel agent. She had never used those codes before but she called it in and it saved me over $600. We had already made the res. and all was set also. So don't give up searching. Good Luck!

We booked through a travel agent. When the Disney club discounts came out for the time we were going I called DC to ask if we could apply the code. They said since the reservations were made through a travel agency, our travel agent had to call. I just went down to see out travel agent with my DC membership #, she called and the discount was taken care of.

We just passed a code to our travel agent in Jan. We called her once for the first 2 nights (room only), then again for the rest of the stay for the package code. We saved a couple hundred. It was funny because she asked me how I found out all my information;-)

I am a travel agent and always look for codes for my clients. Once they are released I automatically change their reservation to the lower rate, they don't have to contact me for it.

We don't charge for any of this. We also make priority seatings for you and take care of anything else that our clients need for their trips. This way they can have a stress free vacation and don't have to make multiple long distance calls.

Originally posted by josierac
I am a travel agent and always look for codes for my clients. Once they are released I automatically change their reservation to the lower rate, they don't have to contact me for it.

We don't charge for any of this. We also make priority seatings for you and take care of anything else that our clients need for their trips. This way they can have a stress free vacation and don't have to make multiple long distance calls.

All I can say is... I wish there were more travel agents like you, josierac:D

As I was reading all the replies to this post about phoning your travel agent about a code, etc. I kept thinking, "Isn't the travel agent supposed to do that?":rolleyes:

Once (years ago, before I had a computer) I used a travel agent for a trip to WDW. I told her I was eligible for what was then the MKC discounts. She didn't want to hear anything of it. She just wanted to push a package:rolleyes: I made it very clear that I was extremely budget-minded. When asking about airfare, she just quoted $200 without even checking. I've never paid anything near $200 for airfare to Florida. As a matter of fact, that one time I booked with her, was thee most expensive fare I've ever paid. I usually pay $125-$150. Oh... she also told
me to call the airline the day before the flight to confirm:rolleyes:

Priority Seatings? She never offered:rolleyes:

I really didn't mean for my post to become so negative. Rather, I want to applaud all the travel agents out there who do do their job well.:D

So, I'll say it again....I wish there were more travel agents like you, josierac:D :earsgirl: :earsboy:

Dreams Unlimited has ALWAYS checked for discount codes for clients, and often has them applied even before clients know the codes are out. Itinerary planning and priority seatings are also part of the service. :)

Originally posted by f-LORI-da
All I can say is... I wish there were more travel agents like you, josierac:D

As I was reading all the replies to this post about phoning your travel agent about a code, etc. I kept thinking, "Isn't the travel agent supposed to do that?":rolleyes:

Once (years ago, before I had a computer) I used a travel agent for a trip to WDW. I told her I was eligible for what was then the MKC discounts. She didn't want to hear anything of it. She just wanted to push a package:rolleyes: I made it very clear that I was extremely budget-minded. When asking about airfare, she just quoted $200 without even checking. I've never paid anything near $200 for airfare to Florida. As a matter of fact, that one time I booked with her, was thee most expensive fare I've ever paid. I usually pay $125-$150. Oh... she also told
me to call the airline the day before the flight to confirm:rolleyes:

Priority Seatings? She never offered:rolleyes:

I really didn't mean for my post to become so negative. Rather, I want to applaud all the travel agents out there who do do their job well.:D

So, I'll say it again....I wish there were more travel agents like you, josierac:D :earsgirl: :earsboy:

Thank you. I love going to WDW and I am always on the look out for discounts for myself so I do it for all of my clients. Planning is half the fun and if I am not planning a trip for myself, planning one for others is just as much fun.

By the way the looking out for discounts also extend to non WDW vacations also. I always keep an eye out for any destination that I have people going to.

Being at Travel agent myself also, it is true, you should not have to contact your travel agent with the discount codes... that sort of defeats the purpose of using an agent!
like josierac, I always keep up with the codes and discounts, and change the reservation immediately to save the client as much $$ as possible.
The client does not need to bring it to my attention.

There is never a fee for this, and if your travel agent is charging for this, well, then you need to find a new one!

Laura :)

Thanks for all the feedback. I called my agent & she assured me she would check everyday. I am so happy! Just hope to get some discounts. That would be great!:cool:

I'm using OLP Travel for the first time. Josephine is the agent. She assured me that she would be on the lookout for the codes for July for me. Guess I'll have to let you know if this works out to our advantage. Good Luck
Nance

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter