Can they do it??

kristin0216

Earning My Ears
Hi. I'm going to Disney with my husband, mom, daughter (4) and son (6) in April. First trip for my kids and husband and first trip in over 20 years for me and my mom.
So...on one of our Magic Kingdom days, my husband and son have a 9:30 reservation at Pirate's League, while me, my mom and daughter have a 9:30 at BBBB. Would it be possible for my hus and son to enter at rope drop and go straight to ride Space Mtn and still make it to 9:30 res? They look pretty far on the map.
Second, does anyone know how long each of the services takes. I want to estimate our meetup time.

Thanks so much in advance. This is my first post but I've been following for awhile. :-)

If rope drop is 9am, I think you'd have to be toward the front of the rope drop line to get to Space Mountain, ride it, get off and then make it to Pirate's League, but you could probably do it if you hustle.

Can't answer about BBBB, haven't done it.

BBB took about 45 minutes total, including changing DD into her dress (we brought one, didn't go through the process of picking one out). At 9:30 you might have a little wait but that will just depend on how busy it is, since it will open at 8am on a 9am day.

Space and Pirates league can hardly get any further away from each other in the park lol. But if you get there at 8:15 or so, are at the front of the line, they'll probably let everyone in by 8:45/8:50AM and your husband and son could easily get over to Space, ride it, then trek over to Pirates League.

I think that would be cutting it too close. It's quite a trek between Space Mountain and Pirates League. I don't think I'd risk it. They'd be better off riding something in Adventureland.

Thank you for the advice. I think skipping it would probably be best. I'd love to get a FP for all of us to ride it; I'm just not sure my daughter will make the height req by April. I'll have to measure her right before booking FP's...she's very close.

Thank you for the advice. I think skipping it would probably be best. I'd love to get a FP for all of us to ride it; I'm just not sure my daughter will make the height req by April. I'll have to measure her right before booking FP's...she's very close.
Measure her with her thick soled sneakers on!:) Good luck!

Don't chance it. Space Mountain often opens 15 minutes after official opening time, which can be later than rope drop. I've been in that "Why are we standing here?" nonmoving line several times. Also, Space Mountain and Pirates are a little bit less than half a mile apart. So it would be a heck of a hustle even if Space opened on time.

Last edited:
Keep in mind rope drop is about to change in a couple days. You'll be in the hub before park opening so I'm assuming it's going to be a different kind of race to the first ride where people have a chance to see how far back they really are for their ride so you'll see more people going different directions than you do today...

I think your cutting it too close and it'll be a if your lucky this plan will work and rarely do people get lucky when it comes to ride lines.

Agree with above to do something in Adventureland or Big Thunder Mt. which is close by in Frontierland, so they don't have to rush. BBB may take about an hour, depending on wait to get started. Not sure which package you are doing, we always brought our own dress as PP mentioned, so just did the basic with hair, nails, makeup. There is also a little photo shoot across the way when you are done(will be on Memory Maker if you are getting it). If DH and DS are done before you, have them come by - the reveal at BBB is really magical - if not you can video, and Photopass will be taking pics as well. Sounds like a great day for both!

I agree with the other PP's. Even with the opening ceremony now in the hub, getting you closer to SM at rope drop, Space Mountain to Pirate's League is a hike. Adventureland first thing in the morning is pretty awesome. It's usually pretty empty and they could probably do BTMRR or even POTC (super easy) and then do Pirate's League.

My DS has done Pirate's League twice and it has taken up to an hour. With walking time, I think a safe meet-up time would be around 10:45/11:00 am.

space dose not have a long line at RD any more it is a walk on for th efforts 30 to 45 minutes the park opens if you can be close to the tomorrow land at RD and if they do pen the park like they have been 5 to 10 minutes early then they should be able to go there it will take the 5 minutes to walk through the line 5 minute to ride then 4 minutes to get out and walkover to PL if you know where you are going you can do it it will be close you will need to walk fast

would I do it yes but I do go to Disney a lot and I know my way around would I recommend you do it well if you can find your way around, if the park opens early ( 5 or 10 minutes) if you can walk fast then I might try it,

but ai would never plan something like this for the first 60 -90 minutes of park opening since this is prime time for low waits time, so if you can change them for a latter time I would so do it,

space dose not have a long line at RD any more it is a walk on for th efforts 30 to 45 minutes the park opens if you can be close to the tomorrow land at RD and if they do pen the park like they have been 5 to 10 minutes early then they should be able to go there it will take the 5 minutes to walk through the line 5 minute to ride then 4 minutes to get out and walkover to PL if you know where you are going you can do it it will be close you will need to walk fast

would I do it yes but I do go to Disney a lot and I know my way around would I recommend you do it well if you can find your way around, if the park opens early ( 5 or 10 minutes) if you can walk fast then I might try it,

but ai would never plan something like this for the first 60 -90 minutes of park opening since this is prime time for low waits time, so if you can change them for a latter time I would so do it,

I rope drop Space Mountain all the time, and your times are underestimated. Four minutes from getting off SM to walking to PL would require a teleportation device.

no it is not I have timed it I walked from the train station went on space and then meet my friend at POTCB all with in 21 minutes it is do able ( well it was 21 minutes and 33 seconds)

Measure her with her thick soled sneakers on!:) Good luck!

Not wanting to be a buzz kill and not sure if this was just for fun........but.......I've heard of theme parks having kids take off shoes to measure height. Not sure if that policy has changed or not, but just wanted to throw that out there. I'm always worried for the kid that gets their hopes up and then is turned away....and ends up in tears.

Thank you for all the replies. I was able to switch their Pirate League reservations to 9:55. Hopefully that will give them the time to RD Space Mtn,. That's why I love these boards!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter