Can the same Magic Band+ be used at both DLR and WDW?

EEva

Mouseketeer
Hello!
Does anyone know if you can use the same Magic Band+ at both DLR and WDW?
If I purchase a Disneyland Magic Band+ and use it will I be able to unlink it and then use it again in WDW? I notice on this comparison chart that the DLR bands can be unlinked.
https://www.magicbandcollectors.com/walt-disney-world-vs-disneyland-magicband/

I have a short Disneyland trip in early January and then will be heading to WDW in March. So I would love to do this. But won't pay for the plus version if I can't. I have plenty of other Magic Band 2s. :)
TIA

Yes, the MagicBand+ can be used at DLR and WDW. It's the same product, regardless of where you buy it or initially use it.

MB+ works differently at WDW - you attach it to your account, not your ticket. You *probably* don't need to unlink it from the DLR app in order to use it at WDW.

I say *probably* because I don't have any actual experience with using MB+ yet. But the DLR and WDW apps are different, using different systems. They don't communicate with each other.

Yes, the MagicBand+ can be used at DLR and WDW. It's the same product, regardless of where you buy it or initially use it.

MB+ works differently at WDW - you attach it to your account, not your ticket. You *probably* don't need to unlink it from the DLR app in order to use it at WDW.

I say *probably* because I don't have any actual experience with using MB+ yet. But the DLR and WDW apps are different, using different systems. They don't communicate with each other.
OK this will be interesting. I am going to give it a try. If it doesn't work I'll have a cool souvenir from DLR. :)

I bought one and will be using it next week at DLR. Then I have a trip to WDW in January and planned to use it there too. I haven't linked it to my WDW account yet, but plan to after my DLR trip. If I remember I'll try and follow up once I link it and then again after jan.

Yes, we got MB+ for our upcoming WDW trip, and then had a Disneyland trip last week. We had already linked the MB+'s to our WDW apps and then also linked them to our DL apps, so they are linked to both and can manage the settings through both, but only one at a time (if both apps are open, it will connect to first one that opened).

For WDW it links to your WDW account, and works just like the old magic bands for park admissions, Lightning Lanes, charge to room for resort guests, etc. For DL, once you link it in the app, you assign it to your tickets and can also reassign it (I did not try this). It works for park admission and Lightning Lanes, but not charge to room.

We found the linking relatively easy and using it at DL also easy. At various places in the parks, on certain rides, it will vibrate and light up, which added a little fun to things.

I'm a WDW regular. Have a MB+ that I used on my last trip in September. I was able to link it to my ticket in the DL app for a trip I have planned for January. I didn't make any changes to the band's setup in the WDW app, so it's presently linked in both apps and recognized by both, attached to the appropriate thing (me in my WDW app profile and my ticket in the DL app). I haven't used it at DL yet, since my trip is not until late January, but everything appears to be set up correctly.

I am using my MB+ that I got at WDW for my September trip at Disneyland. First visit since they started using the MB+ is tomorrow. My MB+ is still linked to my WDW MDE account and I had no issues linking it to the DL app. From everything I read, you can use the same ones for both DL and WDW.

I bought one and will be using it next week at DLR. Then I have a trip to WDW in January and planned to use it there too. I haven't linked it to my WDW account yet, but plan to after my DLR trip. If I remember I'll try and follow up once I link it and then again after jan.
Thanks!

Can you scan your ride photos at Disneyland with MagicBand+ or do we still need to make a note of a number to enter into our photopass acct?

Can you scan your ride photos at Disneyland with MagicBand+ or do we still need to make a note of a number to enter into our photopass acct?
I’m going next Saturday so will see if it works for PhotoPass. As others have said I had no issue linking my WDW band, that I used last week at WDW, to my DL account.

You still need to enter the ride codes manually for those photos:

Near the exits of each of these attractions, a preview wall lets you view a memory taken of your recent experience. You can link your 8-character Attraction ID, located on the preview wall, to your Disney account with the Disneyland mobile app or by visiting Disneyland.com/PhotoPass.

https://disneyland.disney.go.com/guest-services/photopass-service/#drawer-card-attractionPhotos

That's for the PhotoPass photographers. You still need to manually enter the ride codes.
Thanks for this information. I kind of figured that ride photos would require a major new setup to link with Magicband. It would be nice though.

@chezcurrie @MaxsDad and @gatorlisa — I am going to be in DL and WDW the same week (Spring Break). I plan to link my magic band+ (that I used last year in WDW) in the Disneyland app to my park ticket. Did you have hiccups using the same MagicBand+ in DL and did it still work in WDW after?

@chezcurrie @MaxsDad and @gatorlisa — I am going to be in DL and WDW the same week (Spring Break). I plan to link my magic band+ (that I used last year in WDW) in the Disneyland app to my park ticket. Did you have hiccups using the same MagicBand+ in DL and did it still work in WDW after?

I have been using my MB+ from my September WDW trip at Disneyland with no problems since they started using them at DL. Ask me in about 2.5-3 weeks if there were any issues with it going back to WDW. I leave for WDW 2 weeks from today and plan to use my same MB+ for that trip as I have been using at DL the last few months.

I'll be in Disneyland for a few days a week from Tuesday, so can update how things go after that. But so far, I have had no problem adding my MB+ from my September WDW trip to my DL app and linking it to my ticket for my upcoming trip. And my WDW app is still recognizing that the band is there and linked to me. At this point, I don't anticipate any issues, but will post a quick update in about a week and a half.

I have been using my MB+ from my September WDW trip at Disneyland with no problems since they started using them at DL. Ask me in about 2.5-3 weeks if there were any issues with it going back to WDW. I leave for WDW 2 weeks from today and plan to use my same MB+ for that trip as I have been using at DL the last few months.
Agreed, no issues using my band from October WDW trip at DL

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter