• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Can the DAS pass be used on every ride in the parks?

DisSurfer878

DIS Veteran
I'm something of a Disney expert among my friends, and a friend of mine is taking her son who qualifies for a DAS pass to Disneyland.

She asked me if it can be used on any ride in the park (even Peter Pan) or only fastpass rides.

I didn't know the answer so I'm hoping someone here does!

Any ride. For those that don't have a FP line, you usually enter through the exit or wheelchair line. If he can do stairs, I usually ask the CM at the entrance where we should go for DAS return.

I'm something of a Disney expert among my friends, and a friend of mine is taking her son who qualifies for a DAS pass to Disneyland.

She asked me if it can be used on any ride in the park (even Peter Pan) or only fastpass rides.

I didn't know the answer so I'm hoping someone here does!
From what I've been told by CMs: DAS does not work for every ride in the parks, but for most of them. It does not work for the DLRR or for the vehicles on Main Street. (But the lines are usually not very long for those.) DAS does work in conjunction with the FP/MP system, so you could have a DAS return time and a FP/MP return time simultaneously. Just make sure that you are scanning the return time you want to use when you return to the ride. And if you are using the DAS return time, the DAS holder must scan first because his/her photo will show up on the CM's handheld device and the photo must match. For SWGE, only the Information Kiosk inside Batuu (near the Droid Depot, by the entrance tunnel -- it is well camouflaged, look hard!) can give a DAS return time for MFSR. Feel free to ask any more DAS questions!

It depends what kind of DAS pass you have. I am an amputee (missing most on my left foot), so I am in an electric cart. Some of the newer rides have queues wide enough for a EVC to fit in, so they do not give me a return time, they just put me in the queue. I can not remember exactly which rides those are, but I know you get a return time on most every Fantasyland dark ride. I remember specifically getting a return time for Peter Pan on my last visit.

Disneyland gives us the backdoor entrance to all rides because my husband is in a scooter.

California adventure was built ADA accessible, so we have to take the scooter in the line. It is a major pain to turn the scooter in all the turnbacks. A few that have stairs are the only exception.

It depends what kind of DAS pass you have. I am an amputee (missing most on my left foot), so I am in an electric cart. Some of the newer rides have queues wide enough for a EVC to fit in, so they do not give me a return time, they just put me in the queue. I can not remember exactly which rides those are, but I know you get a return time on most every Fantasyland dark ride. I remember specifically getting a return time for Peter Pan on my last visit.

Yes, should have clarified. He does not have any sort of physical disability, he is diagnosed as being on the ASD spectrum, and the DAS pass would be because he cannot handle waiting in lines and being that close to other people in lines.

Yes, it works on pretty much any ride - not the trains or Main Street vehicles, as luckyrabbit mentioned above. With that being said, the waits for Fantasyland rides can still get pretty hairy, even with DAS, as they're accommodating both users with mobility issues and DAS return times. We did Peter Pan once via DAS and we still ended up waiting an additional 30 minutes after our DAS time, and it was in a small area surrounded by lots of other people waiting - needless to say, while my kid loved it, he hasn't been willing to do it again. My recommendation would be to try to get there for rope drop (if possible, I know how hard that can be with kids on the spectrum) and do all the Fantasyland rides first, then use FP and DAS together for the rest of the day to manage waits.

We have similar line issues. We haven't had to use DAS on our past few trips (combination of low crowds and MaxPass have been working well), but our line strategy is that one parent goes in front, kid goes in the middle, and then another parent stands behind him, so the kid is sandwiched between us. That way we can form a decent-sized buffer for him so he can have his space. The only places that get iffy are preshow rooms like the stretching room for the Haunted Mansion or the video room for Guardians - there we try to get him right on the edge of the room instead.

I'd be happy to give other tips or advice if you want - feel free to DM me!

Having the other members of your party make a protective space for your friend is a very good suggestion. Also be aware that even with DAS, the return time can be long, or longer than expected, if the FP return line is longer than usual (e.g. if the ride has been down for a while and has just come back up -- this can happen with RSR or IJA). If the ride goes down while you are in the return line, you may be waiting for a very long time -- be prepared for this and have a plan on how to handle it. If you decide to leave the line, CMs at the exit are usually good about readjusting your return time.

The DAS is usually not for mobility guests.. you are correct that they will make you go through the standby or fast pass line if you have a FP.. in Fantasyland you can use the exits due to the historical small narrow entrances .
The DAS Is used more so for people with cognitive disabilities .

Yes, it works on pretty much any ride - not the trains or Main Street vehicles, as luckyrabbit mentioned above. With that being said, the waits for Fantasyland rides can still get pretty hairy, even with DAS, as they're accommodating both users with mobility issues and DAS return times. We did Peter Pan once via DAS and we still ended up waiting an additional 30 minutes after our DAS time, and it was in a small area surrounded by lots of other people waiting - needless to say, while my kid loved it, he hasn't been willing to do it again. My recommendation would be to try to get there for rope drop (if possible, I know how hard that can be with kids on the spectrum) and do all the Fantasyland rides first, then use FP and DAS together for the rest of the day to manage waits.

We have similar line issues. We haven't had to use DAS on our past few trips (combination of low crowds and MaxPass have been working well), but our line strategy is that one parent goes in front, kid goes in the middle, and then another parent stands behind him, so the kid is sandwiched between us. That way we can form a decent-sized buffer for him so he can have his space. The only places that get iffy are preshow rooms like the stretching room for the Haunted Mansion or the video room for Guardians - there we try to get him right on the edge of the room instead.

I'd be happy to give other tips or advice if you want - feel free to DM me!
we use our Magic Morning to do the Fantasyland rides . this cuts down on a lot of issues .

The DAS is usually not for mobility guests.. you are correct that they will make you go through the standby or fast pass line if you have a FP.. in Fantasyland you can use the exits due to the historical small narrow entrances .
The DAS Is used more so for people with cognitive disabilities .
Actually, the DAS program is for guests with any disability that isn't strictly a mobility issue that affects the ability to wait in standard ride lines. So that can be a cognitive issue or so many other things. There are many, many disability issues, visible and invisible, so it can just be easier for people with questions to go right to City Hall or Chamber of Commerce to ask about whether a DAS or something else will be the best solution for whatever their situation is in the parks.

Last edited:

When my niece was younger I would ask the CM if we could skip the stretching room, I would mention that she was ASD and show her DAS, they never had a problem with my request. Now that she's older she's no longer afraid of the dark room so we try to keep her to the walls so she's not surrounded by people on all sides and she does ok with that. She's an arm flapper, when she gets super excited she can't keep her hands still, so we've had a few occasions where she's bumped into people but they usually smile and are understanding.

Be aware that even with the DAS there will be some rides where you are still in close quarters and the lines can be overwhelming. We go with my nephew on occasion who has some similar issues to what you describe. Splash Mountain is very hard for him. Guardians, Star Tours and Soarin can also be a challenge as those rides have an enclosed line even with DAS. He's never been on Space or Incredicoaster.

When my niece was younger I would ask the CM if we could skip the stretching room, I would mention that she was ASD and show her DAS, they never had a problem with my request. Now that she's older she's no longer afraid of the dark room so we try to keep her to the walls so she's not surrounded by people on all sides and she does ok with that. She's an arm flapper, when she gets super excited she can't keep her hands still, so we've had a few occasions where she's bumped into people but they usually smile and are understanding.
Is it possible to skip the stretching room at DL? I know you can request this at WDW, but I've heard that it isn't possible at DL because of HM's building design.

Is it possible to skip the stretching room at DL? I know you can request this at WDW, but I've heard that it isn't possible at DL because of HM's building design.
Sorry, I don't know. In WDW they brought us around the side of the building, they had us wait until a CM came and took us to the area where the doom buggies were. I haven't been to DL in over 20 years, I'm going next month and I feel like a Disney novice. LOL

Yes, we skipped it for years. You ask the CM at the front and have to wait a little longer for them to call another CM to the front. The CM will walk you down the back stairs entrance straight to where the doom buggies load. A lead told us they can usually only do it when crowds are lower (because they need to spare a CM) and you need to be able to do stairs. But you'll completely skip the crowded stretching room and hallway.

DS does ok with this now, so it's been a few years, we just stand immediately next to the hallway opening so we can have space and lead the pack down the hallway.

Yes, we skipped it for years. You ask the CM at the front and have to wait a little longer for them to call another CM to the front. The CM will walk you down the back stairs entrance straight to where the doom buggies load. A lead told us they can usually only do it when crowds are lower (because they need to spare a CM) and you need to be able to do stairs. But you'll completely skip the crowded stretching room and hallway...
Very good to know -- so the criteria would be low crowd time and ablity to do stairs? Otherwise, assume you'll have to deal with the stretching room? Friends have been told that there was no way to avoid the stretching room, but that might have been because of peak crowds at the time or because they could not do stairs.

Very good to know -- so the criteria would be low crowd time and ablity to do stairs? Otherwise, assume you'll have to deal with the stretching room? Friends have been told that there was no way to avoid the stretching room, but that might have been because of peak crowds at the time or because they could not do stairs.
yes, though it's probably been 4 years since we needed to go the back way, so maybe things have changed?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter