Can someone tell me about the weather right now?

DisFam95

DIS Veteran
We're leaving a few days and packing is driving me mad. Temps range from mid 50's to some 80's days but mostly 70's while we're there. I know the morning and evenings will be a little chilly so I have hoodies and long pants for those time but are you more comfortable in shorts or pants this time of year?

I guess I ask because we've been in June and being from TX we had no problems w being in the heat all day - so I thought!! the Florida humidity was INSANE and I wanted to kill people - kidding - sort of. Si is it still horribly humid this time of year of is that a constant in FL? I know about FL rain showers so I'm ready for that.

Any tips appreciated.

We've gone in March a few times - we begin each day with either shorts or capris, with a short-sleeved t-shirt, and a hoodie/sweater on. We are chilly at the bus stops waiting for those early morning busses to make rope drop, BUT once it gets a bit warmer, we take off the sweaters and tie them around our waists. We're comfortable all day with this kind of plan.

Right now, if your fine with temps around 70 degrees at night then you'll be fine in shorts and shirt. During the day unless there's a cold front, it's 80-90 degrees. Humidity not AS bad as the summer, but you still feel it

I wouldn't worry at all about rain. I can probably count on one hand the amount of days it's rained so far this year

Hasn't been that humid yet, barely any rain either. Bring a light hoody or sweater for evenings because once the sun goes down it gets a little chilly. You will most likely be good in shorts for the trip.

We are in the "not summer" portion of our year, which means potentially wild fluctuations in temps. This morning was 50, its 82 right now, and with a front moving in late tonight will be bringing low 40's for sun-up on Thursday morning with a high Thursday afternoon of 65. It will warm up again Saturday to be close to 80 though. Any rain is not the typical summer T-storms though, it is associated with cold fronts moving in from northwest to southeast in a line, and can be quick showers or last all day depending on the strength of the front. With the cold fronts go the humidity, which is pushed out to sea and returns when the tropical winds return from the south. Shorts are great, as long as you layer for early morning and after sun down, but it can get pretty breezy and cool in Epcot which has the wide open lagoon and little to buffer the winds. Unfortunately, the long range forecasts are pretty inaccurrate, so be prepared for the shifting temps just in case. Another cold front on Sunday night could bring lows back into the mid 40's Monday night and Tuesday.

have a great trip!!

We are here now. It’s been in high 70s every day, 50s at night. I always check weather channel app for 15 day forecast. It’s pretty accurate.

We're leaving a few days and packing is driving me mad. Temps range from mid 50's to some 80's days but mostly 70's while we're there. I know the morning and evenings will be a little chilly so I have hoodies and long pants for those time but are you more comfortable in shorts or pants this time of year?

I guess I ask because we've been in June and being from TX we had no problems w being in the heat all day - so I thought!! the Florida humidity was INSANE and I wanted to kill people - kidding - sort of. Si is it still horribly humid this time of year of is that a constant in FL? I know about FL rain showers so I'm ready for that.

Any tips appreciated.

My tip: layers.

You're welcome. :teeth:

Hi fellow Texan! We wore shorts and t-shirts last week and brought a jacket for the mornings/evenings. It was quite warm by midday so we were glad for the shorts. The water in the pool was cold though!

Wait, you are from Texas and found FL humidity a surprise? Seriously? I've spent a lot of time in Texas, half my family lives there. It's as hot, and humid, as FL, if not hotter and more humid. At least Central Texas is, from Dallas to Beaumont. That is quite shocking to me. Maybe all of TX isn't as humid? I know here in TN we are just as humid in the summer. This time of year, not so much.

As to what I'm packing for this weekend's trip, the same things I wear here at home for the same temps, as I always do for trips to Disney. 70 in FL is the same as 70 in TN to me. 50 in FL is the same, 80 in FL is the same, etc. Rain is the same too. Cloudy and 50 is cooler than sunny and 50, just like in TN (and I'd venture to guess in TX)

So yeah, layers are what we do. It means we start and end the day with a jacket and utilize a locker for them in the middle.

Hi fellow Texan! We wore shorts and t-shirts last week and brought a jacket for the mornings/evenings. It was quite warm by midday so we were glad for the shorts. The water in the pool was cold though!
Funny thing is, it's heated

Wait, you are from Texas and found FL humidity a surprise? Seriously? I've spent a lot of time in Texas, half my family lives there. It's as hot, and humid, as FL, if not hotter and more humid. At least Central Texas is, from Dallas to Beaumont. That is quite shocking to me. Maybe all of TX isn't as humid? I know here in TN we are just as humid in the summer. This time of year, not so much.

As to what I'm packing for this weekend's trip, the same things I wear here at home for the same temps, as I always do for trips to Disney. 70 in FL is the same as 70 in TN to me. 50 in FL is the same, 80 in FL is the same, etc. Rain is the same too. Cloudy and 50 is cooler than sunny and 50, just like in TN (and I'd venture to guess in TX)

So yeah, layers are what we do. It means we start and end the day with a jacket and utilize a locker for them in the middle.

I don't know where in TX OP is from but DFW area definitely has average lower humidity in the summer than central FL. :) Houston is muggy as heck though.

I don't know where in TX OP is from but DFW area definitely has average lower humidity in the summer than central FL. :) Houston is muggy as heck though.
I must have always visited Dallas area during higher than avg humidity days (which wouldn't surprise me at all)

Yep Big D. I rarely complain in our summers here even in the upper 90's and 100's. I thought I'd be fine in FL in the summer but it was MISERABLE!!

Thanks for the tips.

Last edited:
I live 150 miles east of Dallas and the humidity in the summer is just as bad as Florida in my opinion. Only difference is I am not out in it all day like I am in Florida. A couple of times when we went to Florida in late June, it was cooler there than it was in Texas (record heat over 100 degrees for weeks).

Def not as humid in the Austin/San Antonio area as it is in Orlando (and Houston).

We just left. Mid to upper 70s during the day. Upper 40s to lower 50s at night. I did shorts with short sleeve shirt and a sweat shirt jacket in the mornings and evenings. The only time I was cold was watching Rivers of Lights at AK. The breeze off the water made me wish I had pants. Then my little girl sat in my lap and I was fine.

I took leggings for my daughter and she wore those in the morning and nights.

I live 150 miles east of Dallas and the humidity in the summer is just as bad as Florida in my opinion. Only difference is I am not out in it all day like I am in Florida. A couple of times when we went to Florida in late June, it was cooler there than it was in Texas (record heat over 100 degrees for weeks).

Texas weather is so crazy and it's such a big state I think it varies a lot!

We had a mixture of 3 perfect warm 70-80 degree days and 1 kinda chilly should wear pants and a light jacket 60 degree /windy day. Travelled from 3/1-3/4

On a day with a high of 65, I would pack jeans for evening. Days will be ok for shorts if the sun is out but after dark it will get cold.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter