Can someone tell me about Disney's Music program for High Schoolers?

disneyandme

DIS Veteran
Our school is considering taking the band/orchestra/choir to Disney for either the Music festival or for some of the programs offered. They are in the thinking about it stage, so I thought I'd gather information about experiences people here have had with the programs. I'm looking for student/teacher/and parent perspectives.

My son's marching band marched in EPCOT in March 2017. There were several bands that paraded thru World Showcase into Future World. We went to watch but did not chaperone so I can't speak for behind the scenes. It was very cool to see them March because Disney World is such a special place for my family. They spent a couple of days in the Disney parks and 1 day at Universal. It was definitely an experience my son will never forget. Next March they are going to Canada to tour and perform. He was very disappointed because he was hoping to go back to Disney.

I have had two of my children preform in the Candlelight processional with their school choirs. We live in Florida about two hours away from the parks. They spent two days at Disney World and stayed on-sight, one year at All Star Music and one year at Pop. Four teens of the same sex to a room with chaperones rooms spread throughout the floor they stay on. Chaperones/teachers were only allowed to stay overnight in rooms with their own children per our district policy. I chaperoned one of these trips. Our school had three chaperones per shift monitor the halls/out door walkways over night. I'm not certain how other schools monitor their students. We left our school parking lot at about 9 a.m. They arrived in Orlando, had a quick off site lunch, arrived at WDW and had a rehearsal, dinner was at Disney Springs and then check in the resort for lights out. In the morning they toured Epcot, had another rehearsal, preformed and did dinner at Epcot. The next day they packed up early, spent the day at Magic Kingdom and headed home around 7pm. Our choir director tried to keep our students as busy as possible and at the hotel resort as little as possible. The students were free to explore the parks when time permitted but they had to stay in groups and check in at certain points throughout the day. If they didn't arrive to check in on time they were told they would be required to stay with the choir director or a chaperone the remainder of the day. We never had an issue with our students not following this rule. These were both honor choir trips so most of the students were high school juniors and seniors. In addition, as a thank you for their performance Disney comped their tickets to the parks while there and sent each student home with a one day ticket to any of the four parks to use at a future date.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter