Can someone help explain Disneyland area to me? Ideas for other destinations

I agree -this thread has given me a lot of ideas for our August 2014 trip. Our kids will be 7 and 5. Any suggestions that will appeal to this age group? DH thinks they are too young to appreciate Hollywood tours or hiking in Yosimite.

I agree -this thread has given me a lot of ideas for our August 2014 trip. Our kids will be 7 and 5. Any suggestions that will appeal to this age group? DH thinks they are too young to appreciate Hollywood tours or hiking in Yosimite.

I am looking for ideas for my 5&6 year old....all though we are going to be doing some Hollywood stuff mom and dad want also

Our son has loved visiting "the big trees" and hiking in the national parks since he was big enough to walk! I think kids that are 7 and 5 would love the chance to see Yosemite, even if they don't appreciate it in the same way an adult might. True, they won't be able to do the major hikes, but there are plenty of kid-friendly walks.

Legoland, Sea World, San Diego Zoo, Wild Animal Park, and the beach are all great options for kids that age. Our son could spend hours just exploring the coast line and looking in tide pools. Just remember that the water will be cold. Lots of people come thinking it will be tropical warm, but that isn't the case on the California coast!

I am loving this , planning a trip with ds13 and dd14 , I am soaking up all this great info ! The tmz tour sounds great , will have to look into it

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter