Can some please explain Tower Of Terror ride experience

I'm amazed at the number of young children who ride ToT and enjoy the experience completely while I, a middle-aged male, am holding on for dear life. :scared:

Speaking of that, on RnR, on the ride photo, the guy next to me (middle aged) looks like the ride is INTENSE, I have my hands up as much as they can, eyes closed, and screaming. And then right behind me in the photo is a kid who looks no more than 9 or 10. We're doing the 4.5 G's or whatever it is, and he looks like he's on the train that goes around the perimeter of WDW.

Looks like the ride is boring and not thrilling.

Its one of those things she just needs to do as its good for her. Its not like a roller coaster where you feel the bumps of moving down the track or the scariness of heights. Soarin is also somewhere where you are basically dangling up in the air but this you are seat with a floor under you so it feels safer.

I would say talk her into it and let her know its the one thing that you suspect she might really enjoy if she just goes out on a limb.

Soarin is boring but I know how someone with a height issue could not be happy with that ride. This is more exciting but at the same time feels a lot safer for someone with height issues.

This is also one of our families (well 3/4 of our family) favorite ride at WDW! Myself, DH and DS10 love, love, love it! While my DD17 has ridden it twice in her life and now chooses to get a coke and seat at a table waiting for us. She is more than happy to hold the backpack.

Part of the fun of this ride is the creepy/scariness leading up to the actually drops...it real builds the anticipation! I highly recommend it to people - BUT, if you already know that you have a difficult time with those stomach-in-throat rides - it may not be for you. We all have our limits. (Mine is Mission Space: Orange. :worried:)

Remember if you have a fear of heights before the last big long drop, you go to the top and the doors at the top of ToT open and you see the whole park.. I love that view.

Speaking of that, on RnR, on the ride photo, the guy next to me (middle aged) looks like the ride is INTENSE, I have my hands up as much as they can, eyes closed, and screaming. And then right behind me in the photo is a kid who looks no more than 9 or 10. We're doing the 4.5 G's or whatever it is, and he looks like he's on the train that goes around the perimeter of WDW.

Looks like the ride is boring and not thrilling.

Hilarious!

I love ToT! I've gone on it alone the past 2 trips. I get sooo scared in the beginning and right before the drop, but then it's all fun! :)

I had to comment on this because you sound just like me. I live in Orlando, have an annual pass to the parks and go probably twice a month if not more. You can only imagine how many times I've been to DHS. Until about 7 months ago, I refused to go on ToT. I am VERY motion sick and cannot go on roller coasters other than BTMRR. I went on Everest when it first opened and it further solidified that I simply cannot go on those types of rides. Thankfully Disney does not specialize in thrill rides, so there are plenty of rides I can go on. One of my best friends works part time on ToT and one day I was feeling particularly daring and decided to try it with him. I held on for dear life and had my eyes closed the entire time. The drops are nothing like roller coasters and it did not make me motion sick. I wouldn't go on it twice in a row, but one time was fine. I felt like I missed a good amount of the ride though that first time because I was sooo nervous. So I went back on my own a couple months later and really enjoyed it and kept my eyes open.

So I would say this, try it. But don't do it twice in a row and don't eat right before or that could make you feel sick. But honestly, the ride is nothing like a coaster. If it was, I wouldn't go on it.

It depends on what "random" sequence you get. My first 2 times were ... "Thàts all?" :confused3
I eventually took DW and got an intense "I swear I'm going up and down at the same time..." That didn't make a good first impression for DW ;)

I have a love/hate relationship with this attraction. The storyline, theming and special effects are top notch. However, the dropping sensation, at least for me, is more a sense of being pushed down, which I don't enjoy. So, I just put up with it for the duration.

I'm amazed at the number of young children who ride ToT and enjoy the experience completely while I, a middle-aged male, am holding on for dear life. :scared:

Last trip my four year old daughter was tall enough to ride... so we rode... this is her favorite ride!!!! We rode it five times in a row, all with her happily skipping from the exit back to the line while full grown adults are in tears :lmao:

I think the theming makes it seem "scary". The best part of the ride is the mechanics of it, the elevator doesn't actually drop, it is pulled down by a pulley system so you are actually moving faster than the natural fall of gravity! And it is on a randomized loop (meaning, every ride the drop sequence will be different!). A lot of times it is featured on those Theme park shows they have on the discovery channel (I think). Maybe google and see if you can find one.

It's an amazing ride, one of the best in the park and we love it. Give it a try!

I have a love/hate relationship with this attraction. The storyline, theming and special effects are top notch. However, the dropping sensation, at least for me, is more a sense of being pushed down, which I don't enjoy. So, I just put up with it for the duration.

My youngest DS rode it at 5 in DL. It has been his favorite ride since then.

Love this ride. Our family probably has more laughs on this ride than any other. It is fun to do different weird poses when picture is taken. Everyone looks forward to seeing photo at end of ride to see who was most creative.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter