Can resale buyers still purchase Tables In Wonderland?

So what I have heard is that they let you buy TIW over the phone - but the ticket agents at the parks won't give you it as a resale buyer. Seems dumb to me - but I've heard this several times - call TiW and order it over the phone.

So what I have heard is that they let you buy TIW over the phone - but the ticket agents at the parks won't give you it as a resale buyer. Seems dumb to me - but I've heard this several times - call TiW and order it over the phone.
You will also get a "hard copy" of your TIW card, not the flimsy one that you get at the parks.

My issue with this is if we are not eligible for TIW i want to sign up for the dining plan. I really wanted to find out if we were eligible or not because no one can seem to answer this question. We are still waiting to close on our resale purchase so i didnt have much detail to give to the cast member i spoke with at TIW.
Disney gets $150 of your hard earned cash. Your eligible. People (not all) on these boards think resale members aren’t eligible because they think it is a dining discount. It’s not. It is a membership that provides a discount. TiW is a purchased membership that provides a discount. Not the same thing. The TiW website addresses DVC members with an ID (issued to resale members) or card (issued to direct members).

Disney Vacation Club Members: A valid photo ID and your Disney Vacation Club Membership ID or Card.

Last edited:

So - I just had an interesting experience with calling about TiW that is relevant to this post. I called TiW because I was interested in getting the plastic card instead of waiting to get the card when I go to the park. Two specific things I got from the call.

1) The CM asked me "You do have a DVC membership that you bought directly from Disney, correct?" This is contradictory to what others have said that you can use any membership over the phone. While I didn't buy direct from Disney I do have a "blue card" membership, so I said yes, but I don't know what would happen if a non-blue card member gave them their information. perhaps they are cracking down on this.

2) They indicated that because the card takes 2-3 weeks to arrive - they give you a slightly extended timeframe on your TiW card. If I ordered the card today - it would be valid through the end of October 2020. If I wait until October 1st, it would be good through November 2020. So actually it seems like they give you current month + 13 months over the phone, whereas in person I think they only give you 12 months from date of purchase, or maybe until the end of that month.

Hope this helps.

So - I just had an interesting experience with calling about TiW that is relevant to this post. I called TiW because I was interested in getting the plastic card instead of waiting to get the card when I go to the park. Two specific things I got from the call.

1) The CM asked me "You do have a DVC membership that you bought directly from Disney, correct?" This is contradictory to what others have said that you can use any membership over the phone. While I didn't buy direct from Disney I do have a "blue card" membership, so I said yes, but I don't know what would happen if a non-blue card member gave them their information. perhaps they are cracking down on this.

2) They indicated that because the card takes 2-3 weeks to arrive - they give you a slightly extended timeframe on your TiW card. If I ordered the card today - it would be valid through the end of October 2020. If I wait until October 1st, it would be good through November 2020. So actually it seems like they give you current month + 13 months over the phone, whereas in person I think they only give you 12 months from date of purchase, or maybe until the end of that month.

Hope this helps.
We bought ours in person on this past july 6th at Disney springs and the expiration on it is August 31st 2020. Do you know if you have the paper one, if you call on the phone can you get sent the sturdier plastic card or will they charge
the "replacement or lost card" fee? The paper one is so flimsy.[/QUOTE]

Last edited by a moderator:

If they’re asking then I guess they can’t tell from their end. Perhaps hoping to trip buyers up and then deny.

Just passing on information. Not suggesting you shouldn't try to order TIW this way anyways if you don't have a blue card - I have no compunction against someone trying.

Just passing on information. Not suggesting you shouldn't try to order TIW this way anyways if you don't have a blue card - I have no compunction against someone trying.
Absolutely, I’m just thinking out loud regarding Disney’s motive.

Hope this helps.
Speaking to #2.... I get my card every year in person. I always get between 13-14 months of usage.

Go figure....

It does say on the TIW website now that when picking up must show a members card. So it would seem resale cannot get it, unless you get it posted out like mentioned.
It says member ID (white) or Card (blue). Colors are my assumption since on the DVC member site they refer to the white “card” as a member identification and the blue card as well a card. Tables in Wonderland is not a membership extra. I bought TiW in July with my post Jan 19 WHITE ID. I don’t think it was a fluke.

TiW says...
  • Disney Vacation Club Members: A valid photo ID and your Disney Vacation Club Membership ID or Card

Out of all the ambiguous Disney policies (mostly due to poor CM training and lack of enforcement), this one takes the cake.

It says member ID (white) or Card (blue). Colors are my assumption since on the DVC member site they refer to the white “card” as a member identification and the blue card as well a card. Tables in Wonderland is not a membership extra. I bought TiW in July with my post Jan 19 WHITE ID. I don’t think it was a fluke.

TiW says...
  • Disney Vacation Club Members: A valid photo ID and your Disney Vacation Club Membership ID or Card

Yes I posted more recently on thread just the other day on this which goes into detail about why they should get it which comes to the same conclusion as you. You are quoting an old post which was when the TiW had its own standalone website with different wording to what’s on the website now- it switched to being on the Disney website. Look a page back from this,

Yes I posted more recently on thread just the other day on this which goes into detail about why they should get it which comes to the same conclusion as you. You are quoting an old post which was when the TiW had its own standalone website with different wording to what’s on the website now- it switched to being on the Disney website. Look a page back from this,
I quoted directly from the tables in wonderland website.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/tables-in-wonderland/
When purchasing in person, please be sure to bring the following:

Last edited:
I quoted directly from the tables in wonderland website.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/tables-in-wonderland/
When purchasing in person, please be sure to bring the following:

Yes I am not disputing that. Read 1 page back on the thread! You quoted an old post from me, which was before the website you are now quoting from existed- it used to have its own standalone site which said something quite different. I posted what you subsequently posted a page ago (this thread being a resurrected thread).

Yes I am not disputing that. Read 1 page back on the thread! You quoted an old post from me, which was before the website you are now quoting from existed- it used to have its own standalone site which said something quite different. I posted what you subsequently posted a page ago (this thread being a resurrected thread).
Ah. I understand now lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter