Can part of a reservation be transferred to another member?

Dave7

Earning My Ears
Does anyone know if it is possible to transfer part of a reservation to another DVC member? I have Beach Club studio stay booked for early August and unfortunately have to arrive a few days late. A colleague of mine asked if he could take first few nights of my existing reservation. Can Member Services transfer part of my reservation to his name and contract? Due to Beach Club’s limited availability and not fully knowing how the waitlist works, I am not sure if he would be able to book the nights if I were to cancel them. Thanks!

Unfortunately, it is all or nothing. Your only chance IMO is to do a modification of your reservation splitting off the other nights.

Risky, yes very. I would do it in the wee hours of the morning having a window up for modification eliminating the nights you do not want and a second window up to "capture" those dates in your name. The second window would have the dates and only the villa you want ready to go. Your modified dates could certainly be snapped up by waitlist or another member...

IF you are able to grab the dates and size villa, you can then call MS during the day and put his name on the reservation. You will not be able to transfer memberships specific to a reservation.

If you have points you can practice this with, it would be helpful. At least pull up two windows and understand what you are looking at. It is very stress inducing to say the least.

Hope this helps. Good luck!

Can Member Services transfer part of my reservation to his name and contract?
Sorry, no. And if you go through the process above to split your reservation and put his name on one part, it will still be using points from your contract. You can't transfer it to his contract and neither can MS. Maybe you could try to coordinate with him in the middle of the night - you modify your reservation, and he checks availability immediately to try to pick it up - good luck, it might work!

As mentioned, you can’t transfer a reservation between memberships. If you do try to coordinate a cancel so the other owner can snag the days, try it one night at a time…less of a chance a waitlist will be it up!

But, there is no guarantee you won’t lose the nights, but at least you can try.

Thanks for the info, it’s very helpful. Guess I’ll modify the reservation for my dates in the middle of the night and have him try to snatch up the released dates at the same time. Will see if the released dates show up as available or go to wait lists.

Thanks for the info, it’s very helpful. Guess I’ll modify the reservation for my dates in the middle of the night and have him try to snatch up the released dates at the same time. Will see if the released dates show up as available or go to wait lists.
If this is someone you trust, why not just add them to the reservation, request housekeeping on their check-out day, and you check in to the room - your coworker can transfer over their points to you.
Just trying to throw out an idea that could work without having to stress about waitlists....

As mentioned, you can’t transfer a reservation between memberships. If you do try to coordinate a cancel so the other owner can snag the days, try it one night at a time…less of a chance a waitlist will be it up!

But, there is no guarantee you won’t lose the nights, but at least you can try.
If you book individual nights, I think Member Services can link the reservations so it's less likely (not guaranteed) you wouldn't have to move between individually reserved nights.

If you book individual nights, I think Member Services can link the reservations so it's less likely (not guaranteed) you wouldn't have to move between individually reserved nights.

Yes, they can’t. But, when trying to transfer rooms from one membership to another, I have had success by doing it one night at a time…

I drop it in one, and then book it in the other…and do it for the nights I want switched.

The one time I did it with dropping all three, two of thr nights didn’t show back up immediately. So, I ended up with PV instead of the SV I had.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter