Can old Canadian resident WDW tickets be postponed?

MoreTravels

Mouseketeer
A few years ago, there were never-expired Cdn tickets available for sale. They came in a green voucher or actual plastic card tickets. My question is, if you already linked that ticket and booked Fastpass+, are you still allowed to abandon that linkage and FP+ and use the ticket in the future?

The reason I am asking is, if I go to the March break trip but decide not to go to the parks, will I lose those tickets if I never scan my fingerprint at any park? My wrist band will be used at the resort but what if I never enter a park. Will I lose those tickets? If not, that gives me the option of just relaxing in my DVC resort and not using those tickets.

If you never enter a park (scan ticket on Mickey head and link your fingerprint) your tickets will still be considered unused and would still be transferable.

As previous posters have said if you never use the tickets they will still be completely unused and available for future trips.

Also mentioned up thread: if you’re not going to use your booked fast passes please, please cancel them so that others may use them.

I wonder...the Cdn rate tickets/vouchers on air miles now have an expiry of 2030 on MDE, but air miles says they are valid until Dec 31, 2020.

If I didnt use them before the end of 2020, would they still be valid in 2021?

Previously on MDE earlier this year, it listed the remaining days of our 07-Day Magic Your Way Ticket with No Expiration Option as 'expiring at the end of 2030.' However now it just lists it as 'Ticket with No Expiration Option'. WDW Guest Services confirmed last year via email to our inquiry, that our original 'Ticket with No Expiration Option' was still active and the number of days left.

Be aware though that if you decided to purchase additional Disney theme park tickets and add it onto your Disney resort reservation and/or Magic Band, say for example the Canadian Resident Rate Tickets that were offered earlier this year, your non-expiration days left on your previous ticket will be used first.

Let us say for example, if you want to go to the parks for a full week, but only had 3 days left on your non-expiration ticket so you purchased an additional 4-day pass. If you want to use that 4-day pass first, you have to go to Guest Relations at the Park BEFORE you enter the park and inform them that you want to use your 4-day pass first before your non-expiration ticket days. That way if your plans change and you decide to skip a day at the park or two later in the week, you won't have unused days left on your 4-day park pass that you can't bank towards a future visit, and still have the non-expiry days left for the next time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter