Can not reach DVC via phone..Busy..Busy

demeries

Earning My Ears
Will lose 562 HH and OKW points 359 from 2019 banked
And remainder from 2020.
Been speed dialing for 4 days!
Tried online to get HH res..none available in July..August..September..October am waitlisted for 2 FSS..1 in Aug..1 in Sept
What are the DVC hours and what is best time to try calling.
Have been a member since 1991..pre opening..have never seen it like this.
Help!

Will lose 562 HH and OKW points 359 from 2019 banked
And remainder from 2020.
Been speed dialing for 4 days!
Tried online to get HH res..none available in July..August..September..October am waitlisted for 2 FSS..1 in Aug..1 in Sept
What are the DVC hours and what is best time to try calling.
Have been a member since 1991..pre opening..have never seen it like this.
Help!
Hopefully a resorts board moderator or a webmaster will move this thread to the DVC Forums.

When is your use year? If you have banked 2019 points into your 2020 use year, the earliest they will expire is January 31, 2020 (February use year). If you have a later use year month, then adjust accordingly. You are still able to bank your 2020 points into 2021, I would probably do that just to be a bit safer. It can be done online in your DVC Dashboard.

With that many 2019 points, it would not surprise me if you indeed lose some if you have an early use year month. That is a lot of points to try to use up. I've already banked most of my 345 June use year points to 2021. If worse comes to worse, and I have to cancel a January reservation, I'll lose 46 banked June 2019 points, unless I book again before June, which I'm not planning to do.

Member Services is pretty overwhelmed with people trying to use the 2018 banked points that were extended due to the virus for a few months, until November, I think...I don't remember as none of my points were 2018. THose points can't be booked online and have to be used manually via a phone call to member services. Your 2019 points should be usable, depending upon availability, online.

Member Services phone hours are Monday to Friday 9 am to 9 pm Eastern, and Saturday & Sunday 9am to 7pm Eastern. Given that Disneyland has pushed back their park opening even further, and that virus cases are skyrocketing in Florida, I'm taking a wait and see approach.

Good luck to you.

Last edited:

Keep trying. If by chance you are not able to get through send an email before your banking deadline so that you can show that you tried.

Hopefully a resorts board moderator or a webmaster will move this thread to the DVC Forums.

When is your use year? If you have banked 2019 points into your 2020 use year, the earliest they will expire is January 31, 2020 (February use year). If you have a later use year month, then adjust accordingly. You are still able to bank your 2020 points into 2021, I would probably do that just to be a bit safer. It can be done online in your DVC Dashboard.

With that many 2019 points, it would not surprise me if you indeed lose some if you have an early use year month. That is a lot of points to try to use up. I've already banked most of my 345 June use year points to 2021. If worse comes to worse, and I have to cancel a January reservation, I'll lose 46 banked June 2019 points, unless I book again before June, which I'm not planning to do.

Member Services is pretty overwhelmed with people trying to use the 2018 banked points that were extended due to the virus for a few months, until November, I think...I don't remember as none of my points were 2018. THose points can't be booked online and have to be used manually via a phone call to member services. Your 2019 points should be usable, depending upon availability, online.

Member Services phone hours are Monday to Friday 9 am to 9 pm Eastern, and Saturday & Sunday 9am to 7pm Eastern. Given that Disneyland has pushed back their park opening even further, and that virus cases are skyrocketing in Florida, I'm taking a wait and see approach.

Good luck to you.
Thanks..didn't know I was in boards.
😏

It's been taking anywhere between 12-400 phone redial attempts to reach member services, keep trying... if you have access to multiple phones with rapid redial on them, press them into service!

There is no DVC Member Services. Sorry, convince me that I am wrong.
Just look at the actual level of performance, that our dear members are seeing in 2020 :(.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter