Can Member Services help book cabanas/polar patios?

MinBz

Mouseketeer
Last year I called the 407-WDW-Play number to book a polar patio at blizzard beach. I was on hold for over an hour so when they told me I would get a discount if I booked it through DVC member services instead I told them I didn’t care about the discount because I didn’t want to call/be transferred to another number just to be put on hold again. Is it even true that you can book cabanas at typhoon lagoon or blizzard beach polar patios (when open) through member services?

That's a good question. We've always done it through 'PLAY', and the person on the phone took our DVC info for any applicable discounts. One time, the person told us they couldn't do the discount, but if we notified the cabana staff when we arrived, they would handle the discount - and they did. Sounded to us like not all training on the subject of DVC discounts was the same for all cast members - shouldn't get multiple answers. But we did not need to call MS. If you are DVC and eligible for the discount, mention it when you check in at the cabana.

Good morning! Just wanted to confirm that you call at 7am on the dot to request a cabana?
That's a good question. We've always done it through 'PLAY', and the person on the phone took our DVC info for any applicable discounts. One time, the person told us they couldn't do the discount, but if we notified the cabana staff when we arrived, they would handle the discount - and they did. Sounded to us like not all training on the subject of DVC discounts was the same for all cast members - shouldn't get multiple answers. But we did not need to call MS. If you are DVC and eligible for the discount, mention it when you check in at the cabana.
Just wanted to confirm you call at 7am to reserve a cabana?

Can I call DVC member services to book resort cabanas? And how many days out can these be booked?

Can I call DVC member services to book resort cabanas? And how many days out can these be booked?
You can book 60 days, and beyond if you have a resort stay. We've never used DVC, just the 'PLAY' line, so I'm not sure MS can do it.

I asked Member Services about this last week and was told that they CAN book a cabana for you. Haven't tried it myself yet though - hopefully someone else has and can report back.

Can you book more than 60 days with a resort stay?
I can answer 'yes' to that question for resort pool cabanas (like BC and CR). Not 100% certain about those at the water parks. But to clarify (and you might already know this), you need to be staying at BC to reserve a Cabana there.

I talked to member services 2 weeks ago and they told me they COULD book the Beachcomber Shack at Typhoon Lagoon, but because I was more than 60 days out, I had to wait. I don't think DVC gets a discount on them, but would be happy if this is true! Sadly, the cast member helping me had to put me on hold a couple times to verify that they could book the cabana and afterward, they only quoted me one price(there are 3 types available at different prices on the website), so I'm a little dismayed with their knowledge of the subject and may choose the WDW-PLAY number instead.

I can answer 'yes' to that question for resort pool cabanas (like BC and CR). Not 100% certain about those at the water parks. But to clarify (and you might already know this), you need to be staying at BC to reserve a Cabana there.
I called today and it was 59 day mark for BCV. No cabanas left :(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter