• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Can Magic Bands be reused?

LoveStitch

Mouseketeer
I get a new Magic Band every time I stay at a Disney resort, even though I'm an annual pass holder and normally have all the info transferred to that band.

Can I re-use them for someone else? For instance, if I have a friend who goes to visit, who isn't staying on property, but wants a Magic Band, can I give it to him to use for FastPasses? (I know he can't use it to book ahead, but he wanted to use it in the parks once he gets there.)

Alternatively, can I transfer my own info to one of the new bands if I want to change colors (or my old one wears out)?

I get a new Magic Band every time I stay at a Disney resort, even though I'm an annual pass holder and normally have all the info transferred to that band.

Can I re-use them for someone else? For instance, if I have a friend who goes to visit, who isn't staying on property, but wants a Magic Band, can I give it to him to use for FastPasses? (I know he can't use it to book ahead, but he wanted to use it in the parks once he gets there.)

Alternatively, can I transfer my own info to one of the new bands if I want to change colors (or my old one wears out)?
Yes, they can be re-used. No, they can't be transferred.

Thanks for the info...can I use them interchangeably? Or is my information only held on one at a time?

Thanks for the info...can I use them interchangeably? Or is my information only held on one at a time?
You can use them interchangeably. They are tied to your MDE account, not to a resort reservation. My favorite band is from a trip I took two years ago. You can decline a band now, which is what I started doing, since I now have 12 bands. ;)

As long as they are listed as ACTIVE in your MDE, you can use them interchangeably. As others have said, you cannot transfer them to someone else for them to use.

Your friend can purchase a magic band for a few bucks and transfer their park ticket to it for their use.

None of your information is actually stored on any Magic Bands. They are just a vehicle to access any entitlements linked to your MDE account. They are like a debit card and your room reservation, AP, Dining Credits, etc are like $$ in your bank account. The MB just allows you access to what's in your account.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter