• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Can kids order from adult menu on DxDP?

Jpmoore

Earning My Ears
I have read multiple opinions on this and am not sure what is accurate for what is happening at DW currently. Are kids able to order off of the adult menu when on the Deluxe Dining Plan? I have heard that in the past children were encouraged to order from the adult menu, but that this may have changed recently. I have a 9 year old who may prefer some of the adult options, even if in a smaller portion, so am curious what the policy is. Anyone have any recent experience with this?

We just returned yesterday from an eight day stay. We had the DxDDP with a 10 year old (Disney adult) and a seven year old. They both were told at all the restaurants either could order from the kids or adult menu. There were multiple times the seven year old got either an app, entree, or dessert from adult menu. He was also allowed any non-alcoholic speciality drink from the adult menu, so make sure you ask if you think he will enjoy it. For example, at Narcoosses he got a milkshake, at Le Cellier a Raspberry Blitz, at Sanaa a mango lassi, and various other drinks. Enjoy!

You are much more likely to not have this allowed at a non Disney owned restaurant. I wouldn't go into it expecting it to be allowed.

Since you asked specifically what the "policy" is, here, as stated on the DxDDP brochure....

"Guests ages 3 to 9 must order from a children’s menu, where available."

In July DD8 was encouraged to order from the adult menu at every restaurant except Yachtsman. When explaining what was included in the plan the server only pointed out kids meals to DD. I don’t know what she would have said if I asked about an adult meal for her since she and I decided to split a meal there.

I went into it thinking that we had paid a child’s price for her so she would order from the kids menu unless specifically offered adult items. Like I said, every restaurant encouraged it except Yachtsman.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter