• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Can I watch the NYE fireworks right outside MK

SeeDisney

<font color=red>I drove by my WAWA <br><font color
Wondering if we board the ferry onwards to MK, can't we watch the NYE fireworks right there where the ferry boat docks.

And is it a good view, I am sure...please advise.

Note - they won't let you stand on the actual dock
TTC-Fwx-CU_011517_zpskraqffi4.jpg

The view from the ferry dock at MK isn't good.

The view from the ferry dock at the TTC is very good, but not nearly as good as actually being in the park.

For which show on NYE, 6:30pm or 11:50pm?

For the 11:50pm show, they also launch big fireworks from an island in the middle of the Seven Seas Lagoon. These mirror/simulcast the big/main fireworks launched from the traditional behind the MK launch location.

The middle island launch point - in addition to the MK 180 degree elements to the show - really open up viewing options around the Seven Seas Lagoon more than a regular fireworks night.

Note that boat traffic is held before and after the 11:50 show for a period of time because of that island fireworks launch point. If you’re trying to time the ferry around then, just be prepared.

Have fun!

We have watched from the front lawn of the Contemporary. The second set of fireworks shoots off very close.

The view from the dock is traditionally very good. Here's the view, but on a night without the perimeter fireworks. It's traditionally pretty low stress, low crowd, but can't say how it is on NYE. They do pipe in the music. You can't just enter the dock area, but they typically will let you up there to the edge of the dock closer to show time.

Happily Ever After from TTC by mom2rtk, on Flickr

We just left California Grill where we spent a lot of money to watch these fireworks and then were told we could not stay. There are guards posted on the balcony and we were quite rudely treated. They told us we could have watched the 6:30 fireworks but how were we to know that. We will not be back to the California Grill.

We just left California Grill where we spent a lot of money to watch these fireworks and then were told we could not stay. There are guards posted on the balcony and we were quite rudely treated. They told us we could have watched the 6:30 fireworks but how were we to know that. We will not be back to the California Grill.

That's very odd, and very sad.
Was there any kind of information given to you before or during your meal that specified which show you could view?
At what time did you actually dine at CG?

That's very odd, and very sad.
Was there any kind of information given to you before or when you dined that said which show you could view?
At what time did you actually dine at CG?

No information and that’s what I complained about but they did not seem to care. Our reservation was at 9 pm and at 11:30 we were told to leave and they had security posted on the balcony /wings. They told us we could watch from the 4th floor but we did not pay $350 for 4 people to do that. Fortunately I had read your tips, Robo, and we went to the dock and watched them with a gorgeous view and music.

No information and that’s what I complained about but they did not seem to care.
1. Our reservation was at 9 pm and at 11:30 we were told to leave and they had security posted on the balcony /wings.
2. They told us we could watch from the 4th floor but we did not pay $350 for 4 people to do that.
3. Fortunately I had read your tips, Robo, and we went to the dock and watched them with a gorgeous view and music.

1. This is very surprising and shocking news.
Guests certainly do book CG for the express purpose of getting to see the MK fireworks
from the top floor.
2. Agreed.
3. So glad you actually did get to enjoy the show in spite of the CG situation.

Was anyone allowed on the balcony to watch? I mean if the guests dining at CG can't go out there who did?

Besides that how could someone dining at 9:00 watch fireworks at 6:30? They wouldn't be there yet. That makes no sense. It's no help now but I'd find a manager and ask them to explain

Besides that how could someone dining at 9:00 watch fireworks at 6:30? They wouldn't be there yet. That makes no sense.
Normally, guests with CG reservations booked at a time that comes after an MK fireworks show time are generally allowed to go up and watch that night's MK show even before their reservation time.

Was anyone allowed on the balcony to watch? I mean if the guests dining at CG can't go out there who did?

Besides that how could someone dining at 9:00 watch fireworks at 6:30? They wouldn't be there yet. That makes no sense. It's no help now but I'd find a manager and ask them to explain
I did but they were very unhelpful. They just kept saying this was the policy and they’ve only been manager for 6 months and they don’t know what it was before. I asked for the hotel manager and they said to write him a letter but they would not give me a name or address.

I did but they were very unhelpful. They just kept saying this was the policy...

I still don't understand...
What did they SAY was the "policy?"
NOT to let CG diners view the MK fireworks?
Or were they claiming some other kind of "policy?"

What I'm going to flat-out GUESS was happening is that some party (Disney "brass" or some "high roller" guest)
had fully reserved the area for a private event.

Doesn't sound like a normal thing to do (nor would it seem right and fair) but, that
could explain the reticence to fully explain the "policy" to regular guests.

That's absolutely ridiculous. I would be sending an email complaining.

That's the kind of thing I would literally say "Then you're gonna have to arrest me. Go ahead, and get that bad press. Unless you're willing to put me in cuffs in front of all of these people, and throw me in a squad car, then I'm walking out on that balcony to watch the damn fireworks."

But, I tend to have a bad attitude about those sorts of situations, and your mileage may vary on effectiveness. 6'4 275 helps me open a lot of "doors" and avoids a lot of conflict for me and the fam.

That's the kind of thing I would literally say "Then you're gonna have to arrest me. Go ahead, and get that bad press. Unless you're willing to put me in cuffs in front of all of these people, and throw me in a squad car, then I'm walking out on that balcony to watch the damn fireworks."

But, I tend to have a bad attitude about those sorts of situations, and your mileage may vary on effectiveness. 6'4 275 helps me open a lot of "doors" and avoids a lot of conflict for me and the fam.
You and me both!

I still don't understand...
What did they SAY was the "policy?"
NOT to let CG diners view the MK fireworks?
Or were they claiming some other kind of "policy?"

What I'm going to flat-out GUESS was happening is that some party (Disney "brass" or some "high roller" guest)
had fully reserved the area for a private event.

Doesn't sound like a normal thing to do (nor would it seem right and fair) but, that
could explain the reticence to fully explain the "policy" to regular guests.
That is my guess too
Because again, who is allowed out there if not CG guests? So far there had not been an answer to that exact question and you better believe they'd be giving me an answer to that
If it's a private event then I can accept it even if I don't like it but you need to tell people

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter