Can I use the GF add on savings but also add new people?

figmentfinesse

DIS Veteran
I have 200 resale Poly points titled to my husband and I. I’d like to take advantage of the summer savings and Magical Beginnings, but my parents also want to become owners and share those points with me. Is this possible? To get the add on points rates in a different resort and different use year but also add more people?

You can get the incentives but you will get a new membership number. I have an April UY with my dad at BWV. Purchaed two VGF contracts with my husband this spring. I received the incentives and did MB. I have a new membership number and contract number for VGF with my husband. Same UY. I think DVC would be happy to give you the same UY.

DVC will also do a new UY for a current member. You can even split the promotion on points purchased across UYs. Say I want 250 VGF points in total. I can get the 250 promotional rate by adding 100 points to my current UY and putting 150 in a new UY with a new membership number.

You can get the incentives but you will get a new membership number. I have an April UY with my dad at BWV. Purchaed two VGF contracts with my husband this spring. I received the incentives and did MB. I have a new membership number and contract number for VGF with my husband. Same UY. I think DVC would be happy to give you the same UY.
Did you receive new or current member pricing?

Regardless I'd recommend you contact your guide tomorrow and see whether or not you'd receive current or new member pricing for a contract with a new UY and new members on it OP

Did you receive new or current member pricing?

Regardless I'd recommend you contact your guide tomorrow and see whether or not you'd receive current or new member pricing for a contract with a new UY and new members on it OP
I received current member pricing.

As long as your name is on the contract you should receiving current member pricing. I just did this recently so can confirm.

You can add on a new membership with your parents and the pricing will be at current member pricing, with incentives.

We did that when we added my adult kids as owners of RIV.

I'm in the process of doing this right now. You just need to pay a little more for second closing costs on a new master contract. I'm currently waiting on my documents, but for some reason the system is glitching (shocking).

We just added a new contract of 150 points with VGF and put our son and his wife on the deed. We received all member discounts, the only thing that was different was we asked for a new Master Contract (UY) and because of this, one contract had to be a minimum of 100 points (we originally asked for two 75 point contract). They now have their own log in to the DVC website, but they do not see all our other contracts. Waiting now for the closing and recording of the new deeds.

Has anyone done this recently, and what was the process like? This is what I thought I was in the process of doing, but now it looks like I have two memberships, which was not my intention. Trying to get ahold of my guide to see if the process just isn’t finished yet, or if we’ve had a miscommunication.

Has anyone done this recently, and what was the process like? This is what I thought I was in the process of doing, but now it looks like I have two memberships, which was not my intention. Trying to get ahold of my guide to see if the process just isn’t finished yet, or if we’ve had a miscommunication.
I believe if you add on and the owners are not identical to those on the existing membership then you have an additional membership number. That’s how mine is set up. Originally me and my dad with an April UY. Added on where it’s me and my husband. Same UY but two separate membership numbers.

Yes. Maybe I misunderstood. I had thought we were rewriting the original contract to add the new owners, as well. They had said it would just cost additional closing costs.

Yes. Maybe I misunderstood. I had thought we were rewriting the original contract to add the new owners, as well. They had said it would just cost additional closing costs.
Has your original contract closed or are you in the recission period?

Still in recision window. If I don’t hear from my guide today, I’ll reach out to QA.
Ah. I thought you had an existing contract and was adding on points with additional owners. Then rewrite the contract with all owners and have one membership number.

Ah. I thought you had an existing contract and was adding on points with additional owners. Then rewrite the contract with all owners and have one membership number.
No, I do have an existing contract. I'm adding a new contract with additional owners, but we were also supposed to rewrite the existing contract (like a gratuitous transfer), so that it's all under one membership. Apparently the guide forgot about this. I've been assured that they can do it now after the fact because they haven't "closed" yet (I'm skeptical it's going to be as smooth as I've been assured). As he said originally, it will cost me another set of closing fees (which I'm fine with), and they'll add the additional owner to the original contract (CCV), and then make the VGF an add on.

Thanks for all the advice everyone! You guys were right, it was no issue. It’s showing as a second membership in my portal, seems very manageable the way it’s set up.

I can’t believe I’m a blue card member!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter