Can I use someone elses remaining day on a never expiring ticket if they have the same name as me?

fantomhamst3r

Earning My Ears
Hi guys,

I'll be going on a trip with my mother and brother to Disney at the end of August, and my dad, who has the same name as me, won't be able to make it. He has two days left on a never- expiring ticket and I was wondering if y'all thought I'd be able to get away with using his to get into the parks? He most likely will never use the remaining two days if I dont.

Thanks in advance!

Nope, they are nontransferable.
Do they have a picture on file? I'm asking more if I'd
Has it been added to MDE? Or is it like an old ticket from the way back when that's laying around the house?

EDIT: @hiroMYhero beat me to it.

It's a ticket from way back but it was fingerprinted on our last trip. I guess I was more wondering if I had a reasonable shot at convincing them that it was me (same name) and that there was a fingerprint problem. Like I can't remember if they would've taken a picture last summer, but I know they have a fingerprint.

Then you can use it because when you enter the park, the biometric will be linked to the ticket data at that time.

Sorry quoted the wrong person! Meant to quote StitchesGr8fan!

Oh ok my bad. Didn't read this before I posted the comment at the bottom and can't figure out how how to delete that. Only reason I asked is because I read a forum post in which multiple people said they were able to get in with someone elses ticket when they tried it just to find out if they could. Said the cast member just adjusted the prints.

Last edited:
Do they have a picture on file? I'm asking more if I'd

It's a ticket from way back but it was fingerprinted on our last trip. I guess I was more wondering if I had a reasonable shot at convincing them that it was me (same name) and that there was a fingerprint problem. Like I can't remember if they would've taken a picture last summer, but I know they have a fingerprint.

No, you can't do it - it's someone else's ticket.

Now, do you have a reasonable shot at convincing them there was a problem? That's anyone's guess, and no one here will be able to advise you. This is very much a 'Your Mileage May Very' situation.

It sounds like your dad used the ticket last summer? If so, his scan is associated with that ticket. To try to tell them it's a mix up with the fingerprint and you have the same name, then you are lying. If you are comfortable lying then it's really up to you how you, but ultimately in my opinion it's wrong to use that ticket and claim it's yours.

It sounds like your dad used the ticket last summer? If so, his scan is associated with that ticket. To try to tell them it's a mix up with the fingerprint and you have the same name, then you are lying. If you are comfortable lying then it's really up to you how you, but ultimately in my opinion it's wrong to use that ticket and claim it's yours.

It's against the rules. I don't know if my own moral compass agrees that it's "wrong" to use tickets that a family member purchased and will never use again to make it easier for someone who's still trying to pay his way through grad school, but you're inclined to your opinion.

That being said, I probably will end up just purchasing the tickets anyways, because the general consensus seems to be that they have enough information at least to make it super sketchy for me to try anything, so thanks to everyone who contributed to answering my question!

I wish Disney did make it easier to use unused tickets but they don't. Neither does Southwest anymore...you used to be able to transfer credit to other people but not anymore. It's good you are going to grad school. I hear many people say that Disney is too expensive and then get very upset (especially at cast members) when they are there. If I sounded rude, I'm sorry, I didn't mean it, but I try to go by Yoda, "Once you travel down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny" ;-) LOL!! I hope you have a great trip!

I wish Disney did make it easier to use unused tickets but they don't. Neither does Southwest anymore...you used to be able to transfer credit to other people but not anymore. It's good you are going to grad school. I hear many people say that Disney is too expensive and then get very upset (especially at cast members) when they are there. If I sounded rude, I'm sorry, I didn't mean it, but I try to go by Yoda, "Once you travel down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny" ;-) LOL!! I hope you have a great trip!
Lol. Who's Yoda? Rules are rules....

No I understand. I am asking a controversial question, and I apologize if I sounded defensive. I certainly won't be upset at cast members (having worked a similar job I have the upmost respect for what they do) for the price of the park; in fact I totally think the price is worth what you get, and I get what you are saying- that my trying to break the rules would fall on a cast member. But i do agree that ticket transfer rules are a bit too strict, and don't necessarily understand why, besides Disney wanting me to purchase additional tickets. I'm super excited though for the trip (have recently become a Disney parks fanatic) and will have a wonderful time regardless! And you dropped Yoda on me so I guess I'm inclined to agree with your assessment ;).

No I understand. I am asking a controversial question, and I apologize if I sounded defensive. I certainly won't be upset at cast members (having worked a similar job I have the upmost respect for what they do) for the price of the park; in fact I totally think the price is worth what you get, and I get what you are saying- that my trying to break the rules would fall on a cast member. But i do agree that ticket transfer rules are a bit too strict, and don't necessarily understand why, besides Disney wanting me to purchase additional tickets. I'm super excited though for the trip (have recently become a Disney parks fanatic) and will have a wonderful time regardless! And you dropped Yoda on me so I guess I'm inclined to agree with your assessment ;).
The only time a non-expiring ticket can be transferred is in the event of death. If your dad dies and the ticket still hasn't been used, Disney will transfer it to someone else. A death certificate is required

It's a ticket from way back but it was fingerprinted on our last trip.

Then no.

Apparently not, since a moderator is the one who told them how to get around the rules.

If Disney doesn’t have a way to follow the rules (if it was from long ago woth no data associated with it), then how would rules apply?

Alas the data is now associated with it.

ticket transfer rules are a bit too strict, and don't necessarily understand why, besides Disney wanting me to purchase additional tickets

The “why” is exactly because disney wants you to buy tickets.

Unless your trip is only two days, the tickets won’t save you thaaaaat much more anyway. Unless something drastic has changed since last I checked, ticket costs are pretty front loaded with costs,

Then no.

If Disney doesn’t have a way to follow the rules (if it was from long ago woth no data associated with it), then how would rules apply?

Alas the data is now associated with it.

The “why” is exactly because disney wants you to buy tickets.

Unless your trip is only two days, the tickets won’t save you thaaaaat much more anyway. Unless something drastic has changed since last I checked, ticket costs are pretty front loaded with costs,
I mean, I have one day left on my never- expiring ticket, have after hours for AK, and will be at Universal for 2 days and Discovery Cove for 1, so... ;). And yea I realize what the "why" is, which is why I'd be less inclined to feel guilty if I tried to bend the rules a bit. That being said, I've (as of today) bought the one ticket I need anyways.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter