• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Can I use points for my room...and pay cash for Concierge Level

jasheehy

Mouseketeer
Just wondering if I can book my room and when I get there pay cash to upgrade to Concierge level?

Are you talking about a regular Disney Hotel as there is no Concierge level at any DVC villa

If you are talking about renting points for a room and then adding concierge, there is no concierge at Disney Vacation Club resorts.

Actually, this is something they did address on the cruise. I had forgot about it until this post. In the member update, they said that we would soon be able to book Concierge with our points. I can't remember the exact date, but it was sometime soon.

jasheehy said:
Just wondering if I can book my room and when I get there pay cash to upgrade to Concierge level?

Do you mean at a regular WDW non-DVC resort? If so, the answer is yes. We stayed at AKL last year on points and were offered the option to upgrade to concierge for an add'l $250/night. We passed on that offer. ;)

Concierge rooms at deluxe resorts are already available to reserve using DVC points.
At the GF, point costs range from 60-83 for weeknights and 108-150 for weekend nights. (I just noticed that this is an old chart I'm looking at and don't have any more recent nearby- so the points are likely a little higher for 2005 and 2006).

Poly Concierge can range from 50-70/90-126, YC range is 50-69/90-125, CR is 37-50/67-90 and AKL is 46-65/83-117.

Prior to the time that Concierge was available using points, they would allow DVC members to upgrade (for a fee) and apparently, they may still allow that. That was/is based on availability at arrival and can't likely be arranged in advance- while a point reservation can be guaranteed at the time the reservation is made.

To update Doc's post to the 2005 chart:

GF: 67-96/121-173
Poly: 55-78/99-140
YC: 55-77/99-139
CR: Concierge is not listed as being offered
AKL: 49-71/88-128

I don't think the 2006 points have been released yet, but it's probably a sure bet they'll be higher yet.

Doc: the points you listed for CR appear to be for the Tower (2003 point chart). Is the tower all Concierge? If that's the case, then a tower room at CR is 39-55/70-99

I think what TnRobin is saying that if we stay at a dvc resort that is connected to a wdw hotel for example BCV & BC,Yc (BC & YC you can stay at these two resorts on cash for concerige) if we use points for bcv we maybe able to add cash to points for concerige. staying in the bcv but having access to concerige, is this what you are saying TnRobin ? oh i hope so :goodvibes

wdwstar said:
I think what TnRobin is saying that if we stay at a dvc resort that is connected to a wdw hotel for example BCV & BC,Yc (BC & YC you can stay at these two resorts on cash for concerige) if we use points for bcv we maybe able to add cash to points for concerige. staying in the bcv but having access to concerige, is this what you are saying TnRobin ? oh i hope so :goodvibes

Concierge level doesn't work like this. You get into Concierge by being in a CL room. Disney can't manage the number of guests in Concierge if they allow the guests in these particular rooms plus anyone who wants to pay a surcharge.

I must have misunderstood the Cast member at the update. They were going through a list of "you asked for it, you got it" things. They included Fort Wilderness being added to the list. I could have sworn that they said that they "Added" conceirge. Oh well.

As for moving to a higher catagory room at check-in at a non-DVC resort that was booked on points. We did this at Disneyland a few years back at the Grand Californian. We have also had success with it on Disney Cruise Line. We just asked at check-in how much to be moved to a higher room/stateroom.

Hmmm, that's odd, because at any resort that has a DVC add on, we're not allowed to use our points to stay in the non-DVC portion of the resort. Therefore, there's no CL or regular level rooms for WL or BC listed for points.

We had a uncontrolable situation one year and was offered a 2 bedroom at the BCV and concierge on top of the up grade, there was 8 of us. I know this was a different situation, but i think they can be able to control the the amount of families that would like to add $$ to points for concierge. The concierge room is on the 5th floor of the BC and you need a special key to insert in the elevator to let you up to the 5th floor. Plus there are 2 cms sitting at desks that has a list of the families that are staying as concierge.
Of course with 8 people all walking into concierge at one time, we were stopped and asked for our name so the cm could cross check it with his list.
And then we were able to tie on the food bag :teeth:

One other time while checking into the poly i asked to be upgrade for $$ to concierge and was told $$ per day, but we would not be in the Hawaii building (concierge building). We had a garden room in another building and our room keys activated the doors of the Hawaii building were the concierge is located.

edingerc Dvc only wants you to stay in DVC resorts on points, they consider them as homes away from homes, that is why the points are high at non DVC resorts. DVC wants you to stay at DVC resorts. Dvc probable figures if you really wanted to stay at BC or WL on points , you are better off staying in the villas. And besides the rooms are about the same except in the villas your getting a micro, mini fridge.

wdwstar said:
edingerc Dvc only wants you to stay in DVC resorts on points, they consider them as homes away from homes, that is why the points are high at non DVC resorts.
That's not the reason points are high at the none DVC resorts. Points are high because they are out of system exchanges and must be negotiated with the individual resorts (in this case, CRO) just like they are for Concierge Collection and Adventure Collection.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter