Can I transfer linked tickets to another Disney account

wowzadisney

Earning My Ears
Hey everyone I'm going to wdw and we are two families. I linked all the tickets to my account so I can do the park registration for everyone. Once I completed that I sent the 12 diget ticket code to the other family member so they can link it up their account. They got an error that it's already linked to an account.

I Remeber In my previous trip we were able to have tickets linked in separate accounts. Did they change that or is there anything I can do.

Thanks

Hey everyone I'm going to wdw and we are two families. I linked all the tickets to my account so I can do the park registration for everyone. Once I completed that I sent the 12 diget ticket code to the other family member so they can link it up their account. They got an error that it's already linked to an account.

I Remeber In my previous trip we were able to have tickets linked in separate accounts. Did they change that or is there anything I can do.
You hit the key word in your question - transfer. Yes - you can transfer unused tickets linked to your account. But you must actually transfer them from your MDE account to another person under your account or someone you have linked to via friends and family. You cannot simply provide the number and link them to a separate account once you've linked them to yours.

EDIT: I'm not sure if you also meant you made park reservations already. If you did - that may cause some complications with the transfer as well as I believe (but someone else can confirm) that if you transfer a ticket the reservations do not transfer with the ticket because the reservation is tied to the user and not the ticket. Assuming reservations are still available, you may want to add their accounts to you under F&F, transfer the ticket, and then make the reservations again. You had the right idea - just did things in the wrong order.

Yes I already made reservations for all the people who are going I just want the other party to have their own tickets linked to Thier own Disney account as they are linked to mine currently and I did the reservations via my account for all.

I went to the family and friends section of my account but all I see is all of the names of the ppl who's tickets are linked and I'm not sure how to or if I can add Thier Disney account anywhere.

I suppose it isn't a big deal as there is only 5 of us and we will always be together. I assume they can mobile order from thier account without the need to have tickets linked?

Thanks for your help

Yes I already made reservations for all the people who are going I just want the other party to have their own tickets linked to Thier own Disney account as they are linked to mine currently and I did the reservations via my account for all.

I went to the family and friends section of my account but all I see is all of the names of the ppl who's tickets are linked and I'm not sure how to or if I can add Thier Disney account anywhere.

I suppose it isn't a big deal as there is only 5 of us and we will always be together. I assume they can mobile order from thier account without the need to have tickets linked?

Thanks for your help
It’s hard to tell from the way you’re describing it what exactly you have done. But you actually need to officially add them to your friends and family by linking your accounts. You cannot simply put their name in. You can also text them a mobile pass through the app which they can have on their iPhone that will have their ticket.

If all you did was to list their names in your F&F list, that won’t work because MDE has no way of knowing that those people are the same people who are listed in the other family member’s MDE. You have to link them, not just list them. There is a way to tell MDE that they’re the same, but I’m not able to tell you how. It might actually be easier to call the MDE IT Support CMs at (407) 939-4357 and ask for their help!

You must be misremembering about your previous trip, or was it possibly at Disneyland?

For WDW, you can't have a ticket link to two separate accounts. At DL, the system works differently.

It sounds as if you just wrote names in under your account to link the tickets to. That's not enough, for the system to know who those people are if they have their own accounts.

I recommend calling IT, to merge the profiles of the extra guests, so that they can have control over their plans.

For each person you have in your account, you need to click the button to link them up. The system will send them an email. This will link the name you created (and name with which the ticket and park reservation is associated) to their personal account.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter