can i stay in the ecv for fantasmic?

Yes. the very back row is for scooter and wheelchair users. Their companion sits on a bench along-side the scooter. The second-to-last row is just benches but it is reserved for more companions to the scooter/wheelchair user. The scooter/wheelchair user can transfer to the bench, if desired.

To add to what POOHsie posted, here is a picture of the back rows that were mentioned.

2590PA150544.JPG

The CM is standing in one of the ECV/wheelchair parking spots, which are marked with blue paint on the pavement. There are short benches interspersed with the parking spaces - you can see the benches toward the left side of the photo and there is room for one companion to sit next to each wheelchair/ECV. The 2 rows of benches with blue stripes in front of the parking spots are for the rest of the guests traveling with the person with a wheelchair/ECV and for other guests with special needs who are not using wheelchairs or ECVs.

SueM in MN: That is a great picture. It tells more than any words can describe!

i will be wanting to see fantasmic at christmas, the height of crowds i understand. would there probably be enough room at the top for the 2 of us or should we buy a fantasmic dinner package? actually, now that i'm talking about it, the fantasmic package probably only guarantees you space inthe regular seating. hum. i'm not trying to get out of buying a dinner package. it's just that i have always enjoyed disney best by picking and sampling my way around the parks at whatever looks tempting, rather than sitting down to a big meal.

back to question. buy the package to have accessible seating reserved, or probably not necessary. no guarantees, just best opinion, if you were me.

SueM in MN: That is a great picture. It tells more than any words can describe!
You provided the description. I just provided the illustration.:)
i will be wanting to see fantasmic at christmas, the height of crowds i understand. would there probably be enough room at the top for the 2 of us or should we buy a fantasmic dinner package? actually, now that i'm talking about it, the fantasmic package probably only guarantees you space inthe regular seating. hum. i'm not trying to get out of buying a dinner package. it's just that i have always enjoyed disney best by picking and sampling my way around the parks at whatever looks tempting, rather than sitting down to a big meal.

back to question. buy the package to have accessible seating reserved, or probably not necessary. no guarantees, just best opinion, if you were me.
The wheelchair/ECV seating is across the entire back rows, so there is some in the dinner package area.
It’s really hard to say whether the handicapped seating will fill up on any given night.
How busy the park is in general often has little connection with how busy it is for guests using wheelchairs and ECVs. In the case of the Christmas season, quite a few guests with disabilities try to avoid those times because they are most busy. So, can’t really give a good guess.
We have gone to Fantasmic during Spring break time and had no problem with seats in the wheelchair area even shortly before the show started (we had not intended to stay that long at the park and then changed our minds). But, we have also gone when it was crazy busy and gotten one of the last spaces with 1 hour to spare before the show.

The spaces for FAntasmic wheelchair seating spaces generally fill up early especially on busy nights. Last time we were too late but they put us in the space above the regular seats, which was fine for the people in wheelchairs but the companions had to stand. This was still a good view. The CM's made sure nobody was standing in front of the people in wheelchairs.

Since more and more people are using ECV's, the back row does seem to fill up faster. We almost didn't a space in May because we got there about 30 minutes before the show. I would try to get there about an hour before the show starts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter