Can I send someone a bottle at a Disney restaurant?

megs1313

DIS Veteran
I have friends that I know are eating at a certain restaurant at a certain time. We couldn't be there with them but I'd love to order a bottle of something for the table. Can I call the restaurant and do that??? TIA!

Good luck. I tried sending a specific wine found at Jiko to my inlaws room at Kidani and they could not do it. I had to choose from wines at Sanaa. And the fees to do it were crazy. I sent $50 wine and 6 choco strawberries and it was like $130 total. wanted to send zebra domes instead of strawberries but they were ridiculously expensive (like $16 for 2). Call the restaurant. You will probably pay the wine cost and 18% tip and hopefully no delivery fee.

I don't know why, but restaurants really seem to struggle with this. I don't know about Disney, but my daughter tried to order champaign for our table once at a very nice restaurant in Chicago and it would have been easier to invade a foreign country.

of course, it wouldn’t be the same. but maybe you could send them a card, to be opened at their meal, and enclose a gift card that would cover the cost of your surprise? just based on what others are saying, it might be a much easier approach.

of course, it wouldn’t be the same. but maybe you could send them a card, to be opened at their meal, and enclose a gift card that would cover the cost of your surprise? just based on what others are saying, it might be a much easier approach.

I agree with this. I wanted to order a cake for a friend who will be eating at a WDW restaurant and I read a few reviews stating that it can be risky as, if the server doesn't know to bring it out and the guest doesn't know it's there, the cake may go undelivered. I wouldn't risk it with wine. I would recommend giving them a gift card or ordering something for their room from Disney Floral and Gifts.

Or call the venue while they are there, at beginning of their dinner. Pay over phone and have it sent to them right away.

That’s the other problem. The phone numbers for the restaurant all go to the Call center.

Good luck. I tried sending a specific wine found at Jiko to my inlaws room at Kidani and they could not do it. I had to choose from wines at Sanaa. And the fees to do it were crazy. I sent $50 wine and 6 choco strawberries and it was like $130 total. wanted to send zebra domes instead of strawberries but they were ridiculously expensive (like $16 for 2). Call the restaurant. You will probably pay the wine cost and 18% tip and hopefully no delivery fee.
yes, we sent my son with 4 friends to Disney and I wanted to send them a graduation package to the room, however I would have had to tap his college fund to pay for it $$$$. I know everyone needs to make a buck, but Disney costs are exorbitant!

When I called I spoke to someone at Jiko and they gave me number to call Sanaa, which I did and spoke to someone there. Unless I was actually talking to room service at each resort???

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter