• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Can I save my park hoppers??

PaulaVonSchweetz

Mouseketeer
So, we are considering a quickie 3 day getaway in November. We are DVC members and AP holders, but were just going to pay for our room and stay at AoA.
Heres my question - The room only price is the exact same price as a package with hoppers and free dining.

Id obviously rather include the free dining, but wouldn't need the park hopper tickets since were AP holders.

Can I book this, but use my AP magic bands and save the park tickets to come back again after our APs expire?

It just seems silly to book the room only, when I can also get dining and tickets, right??
This must sound like such a stupid question.....

Thanks for any input!!

Can I book this, but use my AP magic bands and save the park tickets to come back again after our APs expire?

Yes.
Very common practice.

You can even use each ticket to help pay for an AP renewal, or for upgrading to more days, or to a new AP at some future date.

I think you need another night. Isnt there a minimum of a 3 night stay?
but yes-- you can save your ticket until the next time. or even use it to upgrade to an AP

I'm confused - the free dining promotion also includes free tickets? I missed that somewhere.

I'm confused - the free dining promotion also includes free tickets? I missed that somewhere.

No you have to buy the tickets. Typically a 2 day ticket. I think OP is stating the package rate with free dining.

OP I've done this. My only suggestion is the tickets will probably already be linked. You might want to make the tickets "inactive" since your using your AP. Just to save confusion and headaches later.

No you have to buy the tickets. Typically a 2 day ticket. I think OP is stating the package rate with free dining.

OP I've done this. My only suggestion is the tickets will probably already be linked. You might want to make the tickets "inactive" since your using your AP. Just to save confusion and headaches later.

So what do you get now that they have the magic bands? We use to hold on to the room key (at times we had tickets removed as well), do they give you a hard ticket to keep?

Wow, Im actually crazy excited that this can be done!! Thank you for the inactivation tip! That makes a ton of sense to do.
So, this reservation would link like all others and id be able to just use my AP magic bands for park admission and my dining, right?

How do you suggest retaining the tickets I wouldn't be using for this trip? Keep the KTTW cards? Keeping The MB's? Would I even get the tickets in the mail??

Gosh, we've been AP holders for so long, I don't even know how they send out tickets anymore!!

A prior poster was correct: Free dining requires at least a 3 night stay, and the purchase of at least 2 day tickets.

I am pretty sure you can't get free dining at AOA unless you have a PIN that includes it.

They don't send out tickets. You would need to go to Guest Services and "prioritize" your tickets on your account so that the AP is used first until you wish to use the 2 day tickets. (go before you enter a park of course)

I am pretty sure you can't get free dining at AOA unless you have a PIN that includes it.

To my knowledge, only the Little Mermaid rooms at AoA are excluded from free dining. The family suites are included in the promotion -- if there is still availability.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter