Can I make fast pass reservations without valid tickets?

Ametista

DIS Veteran
I think I only have 1 day left on an old no-expiration ticket but I was able to make fast pass reservations for 3 days (9 fps) on the website. Is that something new? I thought it would only let you make reservations for as many days worth of tickets you have.

So am I right about only being able to make FPs for as many days as you have tickets? Because maybe there are more days left than I thought.

My guess is you were incorrect in how many days you had left on the ticket.
Yes you can only make FP+ for the amount of days left on a ticket.

My guess is you were incorrect in how many days you had left on the ticket.
Yes you can only make FP+ for the amount of days left on a ticket.
OK, well that would be great. I submitted an email request to disneyworld to ask about my days left. I hope you are correct!!!

While it's technically true you can only book FPs for the number of days you have ticket entitlements, I have had the system glitch and allow me to book extra days. For a trip last year a member of our party had a no-expire ticket and we were sure it only had 1-day left but the system let me book FPs for 7 days for this person. I called Disney to verify the number of days and every one said there must be more days since it let me book FPs. Fast forward to our trip and after the first day of the trip he received an email saying his FPs for the rest of the trip would be cancelled if he did not link a ticket to MDE within 24hrs. We were prepared for this so he purchased a ticket and all was good.

Hopefully you do have more days then you think left on the ticket but wanted you to be aware that sometimes it's just a glitch.

While it's technically true you can only book FPs for the number of days you have ticket entitlements, I have had the system glitch and allow me to book extra days. For a trip last year a member of our party had a no-expire ticket and we were sure it only had 1-day left but the system let me book FPs for 7 days for this person. I called Disney to verify the number of days and every one said there must be more days since it let me book FPs. Fast forward to our trip and after the first day of the trip he received an email saying his FPs for the rest of the trip would be cancelled if he did not link a ticket to MDE within 24hrs. We were prepared for this so he purchased a ticket and all was good.

Hopefully you do have more days then you think left on the ticket but wanted you to be aware that sometimes it's just a glitch.
OK, that's good to know. I thought it was weird that they stopped me at 3 days, if I only had 1. So why did it stop me? After I hear from them I will update with how many days actually have!

You should only be able to make FPs for the number of days you have on your ticket.
Either you had more days left than you thought, or you benefited from a glitch.

OK, that's good to know. I thought it was weird that they stopped me at 3 days, if I only had 1. So why did it stop me? After I hear from them I will update with how many days actually have!

Definitely let us know what you find out but be prepared for them to give you incorrect information. I was told multiple times that there were 7 days on his ticket but once he used the 1 day we knew he had the system finally picked up that he no longer had any entitlements. Just don't want you to be taken by surprise.

There are definitely glitches related to old non-expiring tickets being on your MDE account with respect to FP. We can also make FP for at least a few days on tickets that only have water park entitlements left. My guess is this is a rare enough situation at this point that it's not even worth them fixing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter