• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

can i make ADRS even though i didnt book my trip yet??

deslynnpatterson

DIS Veteran
we are going in sept and holding off to see if the free dinning offere might come out in the next few weeks-- however i dont want to miss on on getting the ressies we want-- is there any way i can use the online system for ADRS without using a reservation number-- and then link the reservation # later? i know if was different last year with the 90 days prior i didnt have to worry about this-- but we dont want to book the trip till we see if free dinning is offered oh what to do what to do!!:confused3 what you would do? thanks for the help

:)You can make ADR's 180 days in advance even if you don't have a trip booked but you will not be able to take advantage of the 180+10.

If you have a trip booked you can make adr's at 190 days ?

:cool1:

No.
If you have a trip booked at a Disney Resort you can make your ADR's at 180 days for up to 10 days of your trip.
If you are not staying on property you can book your ADR at 180 but for only 1 day.

For example...say your 180 day mark in April 1st and you are staying for 7 days:
If you are staying on property, on April 1st and make your ADR's for the entire 7 days.
If you are not staying on proprty you can make your ADR for the first day of your stay. The next day you can make your ADR for the second day of your stay...etc.
Hope that makes sense. :)

I made my ADR's without a room reservation. I going back & forth on where to stay & how long, etc. BUT I wanted to make sure we would get all the ADR's that we hoped for -- & we did :):yay:

As long as you are 180 days or less from the date you want to dine, anyone, Disney resort reservation or not, can book restaurant reservations. You don't even have to have a future resort reservation linked to restaurant reservations you have already made. It will make no difference at all whether you do that or not.

No.
If you have a trip booked at a Disney Resort you can make your ADR's at 180 days for up to 10 days of your trip.
If you are not staying on property you can book your ADR at 180 but for only 1 day.

For example...say your 180 day mark in April 1st and you are staying for 7 days:
If you are staying on property, on April 1st and make your ADR's for the entire 7 days.
If you are not staying on proprty you can make your ADR for the first day of your stay. The next day you can make your ADR for the second day of your stay...etc.
Hope that makes sense. :)

Thanks ! :cool1:

As long as you are 180 days or less from the date you want to dine, anyone, Disney resort reservation or not, can book restaurant reservations. You don't even have to have a future resort reservation linked to restaurant reservations you have already made. It will make no difference at all whether you do that or not.

So if I book my 180+10 and get a great offer from a non-Disney hotel and want to make changes, I don't lose my reservations?!!

I am kind of irritated with the full size bed thing in all of the values and mods (CSR has a conference and there are no rooms available, I assume they are blocked off until 30 days prior)

I refuse to pay for Deluxe. I have been toying with the thought of going off site. But for now we are booked at the POP.

I was going to ask this question also! We are coming in May, and staying off site at the Buena Vista Suites. The motel room is very nice, and was cheaper than anything I could get on grounds by over a thousand dollars. So I have been worried about how to do ADR's or if I even could since we are not staying at DW.

Canceling your resort reservation will not cancel your ADRS. (In fact, if you decide you are not going on your trip at all, it will be necessary to cancel the ADRs separately from the resort reservation)

Again, as long as you are 180 days or less from the day you want to dine, you can make WDW restaurant reservations no matter where you are staying. Even persons who live in the area and are not staying at ANY hotel can make restaurant reservations within 180 days.

we made all of our ressies by temp booking our trip w/o putting any money down. They (Disney) will hold a reservation for 7 days which will allow you to make your ADRs during that time. If you change your dates or dates overlap, you will have some of your ressies when you put the $200 down for the trip. (We werent too sure about our dates so we did it this way and wound up having some overlapping when we did actually get approval from work for time off)

So if I book my 180+10 and get a great offer from a non-Disney hotel and want to make changes, I don't lose my reservations?!!

I am kind of irritated with the full size bed thing in all of the values and mods (CSR has a conference and there are no rooms available, I assume they are blocked off until 30 days prior)

I refuse to pay for Deluxe. I have been toying with the thought of going off site. But for now we are booked at the POP.

Coronado Springs has queen beds now, I believe in all the rooms, but duh, I just saw you already checked there. My travel agent mentioned that to me last week, in case I wanted to change from Beach club to a Mod. My biggest beef is bed sizes also. I wonder if other resorts might change to Queens at some point? Those rooms would be tight, but personally I wouldn't care, I'd like the bigger beds! I just booked a deluxe with a 40% code. I would never pay full price. I'm still having heartburn over the 40% off rate. We've stayed at Nick Suites before. Nice queen or king bed, a separate bedroom with twins for the kids, a wet bar.... and a noisy water park. LOL But those will put you back 200 or so also a night. They did have some sort of packages with some meals included, I was looking there again for this next trip as the kids loved it there. I hate moving from hotel to hotel, but I'm toying with a couple of days there again.

we made all of our ressies by temp booking our trip w/o putting any money down. They (Disney) will hold a reservation for 7 days which will allow you to make your ADRs during that time. If you change your dates or dates overlap, you will have some of your ressies when you put the $200 down for the trip. (We werent too sure about our dates so we did it this way and wound up having some overlapping when we did actually get approval from work for time off)

This is completely unnessary. You don't need a room confirmation in order to make an ADR.

i have just been booking mine one each day- each day at the 180 day mark-- has been working great so far:) have about 6 more adrs to go:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter