• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Can I interview for DAS approval on my arrival date - when I don't have a park pass - but can make it to a park before closing

jnoran

Earning My Ears
It isn't clear to me from the things Disney has on their website whether one can be approved for DAS from one of the walk-up windows at the various parks, or whether one actually has to be in the park because one has a park pass for that day. I am hoping to apply for approval on our arrival night, when the park is still open, but we did not purchase a park pass for that day.

Interested in this as well. I get to my hotel a few days ahead of time with my family before going to the parks and I think my anxiety won't flare up as much if I'm not doing the Zoom nor doing it on

My DH has gotten his at guest services before the entrance to Epcot at the International gate entrance. I think that every park has a guest service location outside the entrance to the park. Just don't know for sure if the other parks offer this from the outside guest service locations. I know that years ago they couldn't do the pass from guest service at Disney Springs.

The answer is: it depends. Sometimes, guest services is too busy to help with that at that moment. Sometimes, they don't have a person authorized to do it available outside the park. Sometimes the ipad they use is not there at the moment and they can't get it. So, maybe, could be, but also, maybe not.

Also, @disneygal55 Disney Springs is definitely a no go now.

I got one at Guest Services outside the main gates at MK. It was late in the afternoon and there was no one else waiting which may have made a difference.

I have gone to guest services outside the park a day or two before our park days (Animal Kingdom and Hollywood Studios are the ones I’ve gone to). I know people say it’s not guaranteed but over the past 10 years I have never had an issue. It doesn’t hurt to try.

Last summer our first day we arrived to park early and opted to get DAS at GR OUTSIDE the gates. Only problem was since we had not scanned in to the park they could not book our first DAS for us. And they messed up the DAS and put it on the wrong ticket.

We have done it several times outside, never been refused BUT we have had them mess up our DAS a couple times so I had to return to GR - I wonder about how much training they have out there or if I just got unlucky. You'd think it was all the same but strange odds of error for me outside.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter