Can I get the room steward to keep info out of cabin?

KendraS

Earning My Ears
This is unusual I know! We are paying for inlaws...I DON'T want them to know what the excursions, spa treatmts, etc. cost (they will decide not to do it if they see the actual costs). So far I have edited the info I gave them and they have not seen anything! However, once we are on the ship and they are in their own room...I know they will get info...is there any way the room steward can monitor what they get?

Also, we are traveling in Jan. We will get the $99 fall 3 nite cruise vouchers. Is there any way I can get the room steward to give the vouchers to me instead of my in-laws? I know that sounds awful...like I am trying to keep them from getting the deal; however, they will never do the fall deal...and I would rather not tell them about it...I would like to offer the deal to my parents.

This all might sound like I am a sneaky person, but trust me...if you knew my in-laws you would understand!

Thanks!:)

I am not sure about most of your post except to ask the cabin stewart once aboard, Maybe tip his well up front . But from what i have read about the $99.00 coupon to use that atleast one person in the cabin must have been on the Jan cruise so it would not work for your parents unless you and hubby also go and book you and your mom in one cabin Hubby and dad in the other then just once you get onboard each couple take one cabin . That is my understanding anyway Good Luck .

One word of caution. If you are booking the excursions and want them all to go to your room please clearly mark that on the form and then double check with guest services. When we traveled with my in-laws in May we were giving them the shore excursions as Mothers Day & Fathers Day gifts. I filled out the form in my name and put all four of us on it thinking they would bill it to us, but they actually billed it to each person. When I checked out billing a few days near the end of the cruise I noticed this. The CM's at guest services were great and quickly took care of it.

Just thought you'd want to know.

We just returned from the Magic 7 day on 12/29. There is no pricing info left in your cabin by the steward. He will provide the daily Navigator which gives all the activities of the day. THe day you board the ship you can book reservations at the Spa. They will give you a list there with pricing for the various services. You can make your reservations right there or wait till you are settled in. Times at the Spa do fill up fast so you may want to book your Spa visits for the week as soon as you board.The excursions can be booked before you get on board by calling or you can book at the excursion desk once you are on the ship. I believe they do have the pricing lists available at the excursion desk.

THis was our first cruise and we skipped the excursions and went on our own to Dawn beach on St. Martin. It was very easy to get a taxi. I negotiated a price for the 4 of us. He wanted $25 each way and settled for $40 round trip, dropping us off at 11:00 am and picking us up at 3:00pm. He was right on time and took us to Front St. for some shopping.

If you have any questions let us know!

Have a great cruise!

I didn't think you'll be able to give the $99. special to your parents. The special is only being offered to those who where on the ship during the time of the offer. You can't transfer it to people who where not passengers in the month of January sailing on DCL's 4 or 7 day cruises.

Re. the $99 fall sailings - I was told that at least one person from the reservation had to travel in the fall, as someone else mentioned. Don't know about the same room or just the same reservation. So even though my husband is not traveling he will be able to come with us in the fall. I say it is worth a try to explaing the situation to the steward soon after you board to get the passes and figure out the details later.

As for "hiding" prices, don't forget that excurison forms/information are available at the front desk and the Excursion desk so if they are in the least bit curious there are many ways to get the info vs. only in the stateroom.

If they find out prices and make a fuss, tell them that reservations are made and no refunds are possible.

Yes, I will definitely tell my inlaws that everything (spa, excursions, Palo's) is booked so that they can't change their mind...to be honest they are not going to go out of their way to find out the cost...I just envision them finding out by accident and then deciding it's too expensive to do a massage, etc.

As for the $99 fall special. My 4 year old is currently registered for their room since we are in categ 7...so if this special is based on at least one person cruising again PER ROOM...we still won't have a problem taking my parents. However, I also like the suggestion of booking one parent w/ me and one w/ my husband. I will figure it out.

How did you like Dawn Beach??? Is it clothing optional??? (travelling with kids so I don't want any nudie stuff!) We are sailing 1/12 and I am trying to decide on excursions. It would be nice to just do our own and save some money at one stop!!! Tell me about it please!!!

Thanks

Prior reports have indicated that the naturists stick to one end of the beach at Dawn Beach. If you're really concerned about isolating your kids from possible exposure to that, stick to Great Bay Beach.

Well, I do think it would spark some VERY interesting dinner conversation with the kids!! I wouldn't FREAK out if we ran across people enjoying life in a more natural way......but, I would prefer the five yr. old not announce all the new things she saw to the grandparents when we get home! THAT would probably be the ONE thing she would talk about.

ksistersmom -

My wife and I were at Dawn Beach on 12/1 and there was no nudity at all. It is still on the Dutch side, close to the "border." People on our cruise that I spoke with said that Orient Beach is clothing optional, and that the "optional area" was on one end of the beach.

Dawn Beach was very nice. There's a small restaurant right there, with restrooms and a shower. There are two places to rent chairs, floats, umbrella's, etc. The cab ride was $15 each way for two of us.

During our cruise in May 2001, my husband and myself went to Orient Beach and noticed a small amount of nudity. I did not see any children mention or make a big deal of it.

The parents that were sitting behind us were just mortified that it was going on. They apparently did not read the paper work (and there was plenty of it) stating that it was a clothing optional beach. They even mentioned it on the bus to the beach. The parents complained the entire time and it took alot for me not to say something.

Dawn beach was beautiful. Its not a very long beach> we were to the right of MR. B's all the way at the end near the rocks. We got there a little late for the umbrellas but had towels from the ship to spread out. We were there for 4 hrs and loved it!

There were a few topless women with there familes, the little girls were dressed like there mommies but my kids are 5 and 9 and they did'nt even look twice.

At one point on the beach there were a few what looked to be 12 and 13 yr old boys walking up to our end of the beach and they had there cameras. And when they headed back towards the other end of the beach they were passing one of the topless women as she was laying in the sun.:D so, they are about 20 feet past her and one of them takes a look back and puts his camera over his shoulder and takes a quick shot! It was so funny! Then his buddy sees him do it and he stops and pretends to be looking at the homes on the hill and he quickly points his camera in the ladies direction just as she sits up. He turned away and started walking but when she laid back down he did an over the shoulder shot. It was really quite funny to watch,lol. I am sure they wanted to prove to there buddies at home that they did indeed see a topless bather.

But, seriousley, it was not offensive to my wife or myself. The waves and water along with the view of the Antilles was what we were looking at and enjoying.

Have a great cruise!

;) :cool:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter