• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Can I get some insight on our Dec 30 and 31 plans?

Kebby

DIS Veteran
We are arriving in Orlando at 12 noon on the 30th. Our flight leaves Syracuse at 5 45 am- so will be at the airport at 4 am.

Right now we have the night of the 30 and 31 booked at poly club level, and also have a DVC room at beach club the night of the 31. I initally took the bcv room to make it easier to walk back from Epcot, but we then switch back to poly Jan 1. It's time to decide which to use.

We will have myself, two 11 yr old girls, and my 63 yr old mom. We are DVC owners but have never been there for new year before.

Option 1:

Dec 30 Arrive. Check in to Poly. Eat at CC, swim ( if warm) or monorail x mas decor ( if not).
Pop in to MK to see the christmas parade
Dinner at ltt
few rides FP+
head back and early to bed

Dec 31
b fast poly club
Disney springs to shop, have lunch
back to Poly to nap
head to epcot for dinner and atmosphere
head back to Poly to watch fireworks in club

Jan 1
sleep in
b fast poly club
DVC new years day brunch
pool/ bowling if cold
early dinner Ohana and early bed

Option 2

Arrive Dec 30
eat CC
swim/monorail tour
nap
snacks poly
head to MK- late dinner LTT and stay for fireworks

Dec 31
b fast club
disney springs
move to beach club
swim
late nap
head to epcot for the night for dinner and early fireworks
early to bed

Jan 1
early 8 am BOG reservation
do Adventureland with lower crowds
NYD DVC brunch
check back in to poly
swim/bowling if poor weather
dinner at Ohana and early bed

The one time we were there for NYE we used the "reverse psychology" option and it worked great. We went to AK on NYE when it closed at either 6 or 6 PM. Ate fastfood for supper and them went back to the hotel. We watched fireworks and then went straight to bed and hit MK for rope drop while all of the "partiers" slept in. MK didn't start filling up until the very late morning.

Dec 30th if you stay at MK instead of heading back early you can see their nye fireworks that night.

So I would stay late the 30th at MK and late nye at Epcot. You won't want to miss Epcots nye fireworks

Dec 30th if you stay at MK instead of heading back early you can see their nye fireworks that night.

So I would stay late the 30th at MK and late nye at Epcot. You won't want to miss Epcots nye fireworks
I agree with this option. NYE at Epcot is so much fun

This. We've done rope drop on New Years Day multiple times. Had the park to ourselves the whole morning. Loved it.

Don't switch hotels for such a short trip. You can take the monorail back from EPCOT to the Poly after NYE. That small inconvenience for me would be less than the inconvenience of switching hotels.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter