Can I get both US and IOA done in 3 days without EP?

Alexsandra

Ready for the next adventure
We will be at Universal in March 2018 and plan on getting 2 or 3 day park to park tickets.

The crowd calendars for my travel dates predict heavy crowds.
We are planing on staying at Cabana Bay so we will have that early entry to HP which we are planning on utilizing. We are early risers so no problems there.

I think its important to also mention that I will be traveling with my two boys (7 and 11), my husband and with my parents-in-law which are both over 70 y.o. So our touring is going to be at a slower pace.

We are planning to skip most of the big roller coasters like Rip It Rocket, Duelling Dragons, Hulk, etc.
My husband and I cannot stomach them and the boys cannot ride without us.
We can do all the simulator rides and the smaller less intense roller coasters.

We've already been to Universal before they built Diagon Alley, so I don't mind skipping some attractions. What matters to us is the HP lands. We are all big fans of anything Harry Potter.

With that being said, do you think we can manage to visit the parks without the EP?
I want to see if we need to upgrade our resort to RRP or HRH to get the EP but am reluctant on the price difference.

With 3 days, you should be ok. What's the cost difference between the resorts? It's so cheap to add on the 3rd+ day that I certainly wouldn't try to cram it into 2.

With 3 days, you should be ok. What's the cost difference between the resorts? It's so cheap to add on the 3rd+ day that I certainly wouldn't try to cram it into 2.
I just checked. Right now they are offering 3 day park to park tickets for the price of 2. I will do the 3 day for sure.

I know it's extra work to settle into different hotel rooms, but could you possible check into a deluxe for one night in the middle of your trip? That will get you two full days of EP! I've toured with and without EP and it is very nice to have.

I just wanted to add that if your boys do want to do the roller coasters there's no rule at Universal that you have to ride with them (unless you meant you aren't comfortable with it). Assuming they meet the height requirement you could always send them into the queue together-or have one parent go into the line with them- and use that as an oppurtunity to sit somewhere and take a break with grandma.

We went last year in August (somewhat crowded) for two days with my 70+old parents and 7 and 10 year old sons. We stayed at Cabana Bay. We only did the parks for two days, utilized early entry (w/out the grandparents), did not have EP and did and saw everything repeatedly. The grandparents came and went as they pleased. The only rides we did not do were Hulk because of height restrictions and Minions (line too long to wait in our opinion). We did not feel rushed or like we missed out on a thing. Of note, we did not take a break as many do. We stayed in the park the entire day.
If you have three park days, I imagine you will be fine! Enjoy!

I know it's extra work to settle into different hotel rooms, but could you possible check into a deluxe for one night in the middle of your trip? That will get you two full days of EP! I've toured with and without EP and it is very nice to have.
I would do that if I was traveling without the parents in law. Since we are doing a split stay with Disney world I don't want to move hotels a third time.

I just wanted to add that if your boys do want to do the roller coasters there's no rule at Universal that you have to ride with them (unless you meant you aren't comfortable with it). Assuming they meet the height requirement you could always send them into the queue together-or have one parent go into the line with them- and use that as an oppurtunity to sit somewhere and take a break with grandma.
I did not know that! Thanks for the tip. My kids love roller coasters, they'll be happy.

We went last year in August (somewhat crowded) for two days with my 70+old parents and 7 and 10 year old sons. We stayed at Cabana Bay. We only did the parks for two days, utilized early entry (w/out the grandparents), did not have EP and did and saw everything repeatedly. The grandparents came and went as they pleased. The only rides we did not do were Hulk because of height restrictions and Minions (line too long to wait in our opinion). We did not feel rushed or like we missed out on a thing. Of note, we did not take a break as many do. We stayed in the park the entire day.
If you have three park days, I imagine you will be fine! Enjoy!
Oh good to know. I was kinda panicking since everyone is saying I need those EP during busy season. I still am trying to see if purchasing an APH for myself is worth it. Then I can maybe get discount rate on RPR or HRH. But I kind of wanted to check out Cabana Bay. It looks like the perfect place for my kids.

if you plan to do the UO parks in March, spring break will increase the crowds and could up the hotel prices.

if you plan to do the UO parks in March, spring break will increase the crowds and could up the hotel prices.
I noticed! But I'm in the same boat as everyone. Kids can't miss too much school so spring break is when we need to go:scared:

During Easter week, staying put at one brand will save $ and allow for a more relaxing trip as you aren't trying to do it all, like everyone else would be. Can you add more Universal time?

I noticed! But I'm in the same boat as everyone. Kids can't miss too much school so spring break is when we need to go:scared:

book early and watch for anytime you can modify your rate with a better price.

wtih 4 adults and 2 kids, you could book at Cbay for the rooms that allow 6 peeps

or you could book your family for one room and the inlaws book their rooms

extra space is always a good thing.

I hear you about spring break travel.
I was a teacher and either dealt with spring break crowds or took the kids day after school got out in June

You might get everything you want done in 3 days, but you'll wait in long lines to do it. With EP you can do everything multiple times with much shorter waits. It would be a very different trip.
We stay onsite for EP, and last spring break my son went with a friend for a day trip with no EP.... let's just say he appreciates me more now than he ever did before :)
It is just a very different vacation with the EP!

Will they let the 7 year old on? I believe Disney says 8 andup, I don't know the rules at Universal. We did have 3 8 year olds ride the rockin roller coaster by themselves at Disney.

We managed fine in two days during moderate to heavy crowds so 3 days should be fine. I'd still use a touring plan though and get there first thing in the morning as it's much quieter for the first couple of hours.

Will they let the 7 year old on? I believe Disney says 8 andup, I don't know the rules at Universal. We did have 3 8 year olds ride the rockin roller coaster by themselves at Disney.
The rule is 48" for going without an adult at Universal.

Great news! I was about to book Cabana Bay today and found the resort prices dropped. I see an amazing deal $310 CAD a night for RPH which is around $250 USD a night. I decided to book that for the 3 nights to get the EP. Its still a $335 USD difference between Cabana Bay but I think its worth not waiting in line for 3 days at the parks.
What do you think?

Great news! I was about to book Cabana Bay today and found the resort prices dropped. I see an amazing deal $310 CAD a night for RPH which is around $250 USD a night. I decided to book that for the 3 nights to get the EP. Its still a $335 USD difference between Cabana Bay but I think its worth not waiting in line for 3 days at the parks.
What do you think?

Absolutely! The other fantastic part of EP with multigenerational families is that you can quickly let the kids ride multiple times in a row while the adults relax. My son LOVES flight of the hippogriff but frankly I can't ride in 6 times in a row without wanting to throw myself from the Hogwarts castle. The ride queue is completely outside and for EP it was pretty much walk on or wait for 2 cars. I would walk him to the entrance, make my way to the exit, and stand there for maybe 5 minutes until he walked out and we repeated. I could see him the entire time (which eased my mind since this was just a mother son trip and I didn't have my regular husband backup).

I also think it's much easier to tell the grandparents that you're going to split up for 20 minutes while they grab a snack instead of an hour.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter